Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:48 AM
As we're coming down from the buzz/despair with the most recent deal, I present for your amusement my ranking of the best deals of 2012. I say:
1. Bethusda's Steam catalog from GamersGate for <$30 (assuming they don't revoke)
2. THQ Humble Bundle (for $1+)
3. Square Enix collection for $10 from Amazon
4. Free credit from GMG that if you waited became very valuable because GMG changed strategy (I personally got Amalur for free and FOTS for a couple bucks).
5. Uplay $1 deal (because you had to install Uplay)
6. Burning, Flaming, ... whatever (EA collection) for $7.50 from Amazon
7. FTP The Old Republic
8. Humble Bundle V (Psychonauts, LIMBO, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP)
9. Nuveem deals -- Shogun 2 & Witcher 2 for way below market
10. Origin debacle (because it was an exploit so presented a moral dilemma - is it wrong if it's EA? Plus I passed on it, damn morals)
(a) Tony's many nice deals and bundles
(b) aggressive discounting of Mass Effect 3, Spec Ops: The Line, and Max Payne 3.