Direct2Play Far Cry 3 PC $28.99 regular, $36.99 Deluxe

karaethon

CAGiversary!
Direct2Play has Far Cry 3 for PC on sale:

The version you download gives you a code directly for uplay. Regular edition also includes Lost Expeditions DLC:
http://www.direct2play.com/177-far-cry-3-pc-game-ubisoft-digital-download.html

Deluxe edition includes all the DLC:
http://www.direct2play.com/332-far-...ame-ubisoft-digital-download-region-free.html

When I checked out, I got an extra discount. I think this code is to offset the foreign transaction fee that is likely to hit your credit card. The payment is done via paypal.

Grey Market CD key site that deals in Russian keys, not a legitimate retailer officially authorized by the publishers to sell these games. Buy at your own risk.

I don't know how UPlay is with games from these sorts of sources but Steam has removed them from some people's accounts in the past.

Yeah, typically these sites do offer legit keys, as in the redeem and you can play the games. But some also deal in stolen credit cards and hence get masses of keys to sell for a infinite profit.

From what I've read, not all of these sites do this as there are regional pricing differences that make it profitable to sell russian or other region keys to other region customers.

For Uplay, I bought AC3 and Far Cry 3 dirt cheap from people who got it free with a video card. I hate their system.

I had to buy the game on the uplay store, then download and install the game. Only then did it show in the "my games" section of Uplay.

After that it worked fine, except that the installer left tens of GB of rar files on my computer after it finished installing. So you really need double the space of what the system requirements are.

Patches were not automatic, installed one by one once I launched the game as well. Uplay is well well behind Steam, but you can play the games fine, plus the games run Uplay anyways if you get it off steam.

I got mine to install to uplay and then entered the key on uplay, which was accepted. It seems what V4oldboy said was correct in that it is a legit key.

bread's done
Back