FTL: Faster Than Light $7.50 (20% off), PC/Mac, activates on Steam

It was $4.99 a few days ago and $5.99 a few days before that. It's a great game, but I'd wait until the Steam sale gets underway.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been seeing a lot of mention of FTL - I'm guessing this game comes pretty highly recommended? I haven't paid much attention to it.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Pardon my ignorance, but I've been seeing a lot of mention of FTL - I'm guessing this game comes pretty highly recommended? I haven't paid much attention to it.[/QUOTE]

Very highly recommended. I bought it when it came out and still play it frequently. Well worth the cheap price tag.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Pardon my ignorance, but I've been seeing a lot of mention of FTL - I'm guessing this game comes pretty highly recommended? I haven't paid much attention to it.[/QUOTE]

I put 20 hours into it over a few days. Hope to go back one day, but I got a little tired of it kicking my tail end. :p I enjoy a good difficulty, but it's a bit too random and too repetitive for the challenge to really feel as gratifying and worthwhile as I would like.

Still, it's a great game, but I would wait for at least a 5.99 sale again, that's what it was when I got it, and you may want to wait for it to be even less. I'm thinking it'll see a 5.99 or lower tag in the next couple of months.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf'] I enjoy a good difficulty, but it's a bit too random and too repetitive for the challenge to really feel as gratifying and worthwhile as I would like.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly my sentiment. Good game for cheap though.

Yea, you need to do a search of FTL... lots of us reviewed that bad boy... completely worth it but with the Steam Sale around the corner PLUS just having been on sale for over 40% off, it's hard to think 20% is a good deal. (esp. since this is indie bundle primetime material)

It's a neat gimmick but I found it rather mediocre overall. $5 isn't a bad price. $7.50 isn't worth a thread. We don't make a separate thread for every Steam deal of the day.

This game is addictive. I still don't know if I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do or if its just too hard....
Still enjoyable.

bread's done
Back