Walking Dead CE PS3 - $69.99 Gamestop.com

[quote name='skiizim']I know it's msrp but for a game that supposedly was only available for pre-orders Gamestop.com has 912 available right now.

Walking Dead CE PS3 - $69.99[/QUOTE]

It's already been determined that what Telltale and GS advertised (pre-order only) was basically a lie. This is still a very good set if you don't have the game or compendium. But absolutley don't buy this because you think it may someday be rare.

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's already been determined that what Telltale and GS advertised (pre-order only) was basically a lie. This is still a very good set if you don't have the game or compendium. But absolutley don't buy this because you think it may someday be rare.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a flawed way of thinking about it. It will still remain very limited in comparison to other recent LEs.

The Walking Dead LE will AT THE LEAST hold its MSRP value in the market for a long time.

[quote name='roundhouse']Such a horrible deal. Just buy the things seperately and it costs less than the CE.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand the concept of packaging and/or collectibility.

------

I was looking at this this week and there were like 2 copies of this all week. then bam, all of the sudden 912? Must have found a truck.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think you understand the concept of packaging and/or collectibility.

------

I was looking at this this week and there were like 2 copies of this all week. then bam, all of the sudden 912? Must have found a truck.[/QUOTE]

Understand collectibility?

This thing is common as hell. Theres no collectibility here. If you think the packaging is worth $5-$15 more thats on you.

Expect this to firesale. I guarantee you will be able to pick this up at the same price as the regular game in a few weeks/months.

[quote name='Reraise']Understand collectibility?

This thing is common as hell. Theres no collectibility here. If you think the packaging is worth $5-$15 more thats on you.

Expect this to firesale. I guarantee you will be able to pick this up at the same price as the regular game in a few weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

1. collectibility as rarity
2. yes, if I think it's worth $5-$15 more, it is on me. Funny how that works.

Why don't you relax and let people buy what they want. This is not a "horrible deal" just because you say it is.

[quote name='confoosious']1. collectibility as rarity
2. yes, if I think it's worth $5-$15 more, it is on me. Funny how that works.

Why don't you relax and let people buy what they want. This is not a "horrible deal" just because you say it is.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, its cool to tell me to relax, but your the one who commented on his opinion of the deal. Maybe you should heed your own words? I only posted because of your passive-aggressive flame against Roundhouse.

Bottom line, its not rare, theres nothing special with this that you cannot get separately (apart from the box, which really isnt that good). This thing screams new -> used conversion at gamestop.

But, its your choice. If waiting a little to get this for the same price as the regular game, without paying upwards of $30 just for the box is too much for you, thats your call. But dont flame someone, then tell ME to relax for calling you out on it.

[quote name='Reraise']Understand collectibility?

Expect this to firesale. I guarantee you will be able to pick this up at the same price as the regular game in a few weeks/months.[/QUOTE]

It won't be "common as hell" a few years down the road.

Collector's editions used to be rare but when they found out they can just soak more money from people by creating more they ceased to be so. Like the guy above said, buy it if you want to 'collect' it. If you're looking for a way to make money you're better off doing something else.

[quote name='kyrhon']It won't be "common as hell" a few years down the road.[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right?

Its the game and the book in a box. This thing flopped MASSIVELY. Id agree if it was actually rare/selling out. Its not. Add in the company is discounting the game all Christmas. The full collection has been $12 for a while now. $12 + the compendium was on sale for $24.99 = $37. $70 for this doesnt make sense.

Theres a huge difference between a real CE, and these $30-more-expensive-but-not-limited editions. I buy almost every CE that comes available. Im a sucker for them. This, i cancelled once i saw what was in it. Even rare-r ones like the GOW3 ultimate edition or Skyrim PC CE you can still get for under $100. Even the extremely limited D3 one came back on sale recently.

lol gow3 ultimate edition being rare. those things hung around til gs converted them to used and tru put them on clearance. whats with all the 2012 join date experts lately?
its like cag was in the news and then random people thought they'd sign up. -staring at you, sd-

[quote name='Reraise']Your kidding right?

Its the game and the book in a box. This thing flopped MASSIVELY. Id agree if it was actually rare/selling out. Its not. Add in the company is discounting the game all Christmas. The full collection has been $12 for a while now. $12 + the compendium was on sale for $24.99 = $37. $70 for this doesnt make sense.

Theres a huge difference between a real CE, and these $30-more-expensive-but-not-limited editions. I buy almost every CE that comes available. Im a sucker for them. This, i cancelled once i saw what was in it. Even rare-r ones like the GOW3 ultimate edition or Skyrim PC CE you can still get for under $100. Even the extremely limited D3 one came back on sale recently.[/QUOTE]

hey uh.. derp.. maybe you guys can get this at Best Buy.. herp... when it goes on clearance.. derp...

or maybe you're forgetting that this is a gamestop exclusive... unlike all the others?

I've got one store in a 100 mile radius that has this. If the show and the comic have continued success people will pay more then MSRP for this down the road.

Hell even all those "massively" produced CE's that hit clearance a year or so ago (Dead Space 2, Aliens vs. Predator Hunters Edition and God of War 3 Ultimate Edition) are picking up steam and going for considerable money (New/Sealed) and those weren't retailer specific.

[quote name='Reraise']Your kidding right?

Theres a huge difference between a real CE, and these $30-more-expensive-but-not-limited editions. I buy almost every CE that comes available. Im a sucker for them. This, i cancelled once i saw what was in it. Even rare-r ones like the GOW3 ultimate edition or Skyrim PC CE you can still get for under $100. Even the extremely limited D3 one came back on sale recently.[/QUOTE]

1) A New/Sealed and non damaged Skyrim PC will go for considerable more then $100.

2) Diablo 3 LE had a much more extensive print then this. You can't call Diablo 3 limited and then say this isn't... it's like saying 50,000 is less then 10,000

The problem with this edition is that there is nothing in it that cannot be bought on its own. There is nothing rare about its parts- throwing a box on them does not add value over retail.

[quote name='caltab']The problem with this edition is that there is nothing in it that cannot be bought on its own. There is nothing rare about its parts- throwing a box on them does not add value over retail.[/QUOTE]

There is an alternate cover on the game and book that you can't get anywhere else, so there is "something" more to it because of that.

And yes, it was sold out for a while, but it hasn't resold out since it came back in stock.

[quote name='Downhome']There is an alternate cover on the game and book that you can't get anywhere else, so there is "something" more to it because of that.

And yes, it was sold out for a while, but it hasn't resold out since it came back in stock.[/QUOTE]

The 360 did.

[quote name='caltab']The problem with this edition is that there is nothing in it that cannot be bought on its own. There is nothing rare about its parts- throwing a box on them does not add value over retail.[/QUOTE]

You severely underestimate what makes something collectible or desirable to collectors if you don't think that being packaged together in a exclusive box adds value.

[quote name='coopscohen']The 360 did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was only responding to the question about the PS3 version though, sorry about that.

[quote name='blume3']So I'm guessing this is going to hurt the value?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version seems to be doing fine, which is the version everyone wants.

[quote name='Vinny']The 360 version seems to be doing fine, which is the version everyone wants.[/QUOTE]

lol... Of course it's the one that everybody wants, it's the one that's sold out.

The one thing with the 360 version being sold out. For whatever reason when GS put these back on the website, they didn't limit the amount you could order for the 360. They did for the PS3 and there still is a limit of 2. Not sure why but I think that contributed to why the 360 sold out and why the PS3 is still in stock.

[quote name='coopscohen']The one thing with the 360 version being sold out. For whatever reason when GS put these back on the website, they didn't limit the amount you could order for the 360. They did for the PS3 and there still is a limit of 2. Not sure why but I think that contributed to why the 360 sold out and why the PS3 is still in stock.[/QUOTE]

Some people probably ordered 10 copies to flip on eBay.

I understand both sides of this "argument". I personally purchased the PS3 version and i am more than satisfied with it. Having all of these items in one box, all having the same cover is cool in my world.
Do i think this will hold value in the long run? No.
Do i think that people are crazy for buying? If it was to resell, yes. If you honestly just wanted to take the dive into the walking dead world (me) then no.

Its all relative people.

Btw. There are 857 PS3 copies left.

bread's done
Back