PSN now on the Internet

smartbombUK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Think I posted this in the wrong area so here it is again.

In brief, PSN can now be accessed over the internet. This is EU only (at least for now) and users can use PayPal directly to buy content.

For the full SP, I wrote a bit about it in the gamesharing thread and also in the News area. I cant post links because Im new but have done my best to explain where to go in the news bit.

Cheers

I hope they bring this to the US soon. I'm so use to having the Xbox marketplace on the web and buy almost all download games and DLC I buy that way. I'd really like that for PSN too.

I'll migrate my post over here since it'll be more helpful where it belongs. ;)

[quote name='smartbombUK']Just heard that the PSN Store, previously only accessible from PS3 systems, is now online ! Users can now shop for PS content directly from their internet enabled media devices, and now peatures the ability to pay for your purchases directly via PayPal !

This service is currently only available to EU Account holders but surely NA and other regions are bound to follow sooner or later.

Personally, the introduction of PayPal as a means of payment is a significant development, I much prefer this over storing my credit card details on my system. And the convenience of puying on the go will be much more convenient !

Having attempted to put it several different ways, I cant seem to get around not being able to post links to the threads as Im new here so here's a general outline, put this: /2012/12/the-european-playstation-store-is-now-on-the-web-what-we-think/ in your browser then www dot psnprofiles dot com in front and that takes you to the article where you can also find a link to the actual store.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go. ;)

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/4567-psn-web-store-now-available-eu/

Thanks for the link, nice to hear about this plus it'll make buying from multiple regions (assuming they start it up for other PSN regions) easier than ever. Cheers for the heads up.

Edit:

Original news source here. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/07/psn-sen-store-now-available-online/

Link to EU store https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb

My guess is you'd have to sign in with your UK account and then see if it works outside of that region.

I still find it unbelievable that almost 6 years into the life of the PS3 there is still no easy to access web location for the PSN store. It truly makes me forget all about it as an option. I'm a PSP user, so just buying through the marketplace isn't the most elegant way to do that, it all goes through Media Go, but you would think that someone over at Sony would have said to themselves, "Hey, you know how our biggest competitor allows their customers to buy stuff in multiple ways? Think we should do that?" It's truly mind-boggling.

[quote name='berzirk']I still find it unbelievable that almost 6 years into the life of the PS3 there is still no easy to access web location for the PSN store. It truly makes me forget all about it as an option. I'm a PSP user, so just buying through the marketplace isn't the most elegant way to do that, it all goes through Media Go, but you would think that someone over at Sony would have said to themselves, "Hey, you know how our biggest competitor allows their customers to buy stuff in multiple ways? Think we should do that?" It's truly mind-boggling.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I have both consoles and it amazes me how lazy Sony is with the PS3. It could have been much more.

bread's done
Back