Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) $18.99 on Amazon FSS

Apparently there will be a console version of this game coming soon confirmed by Korean gaming board not too long ago. And they've been spot on outing certain games before publishers announcement.

[quote name='johnnypark']Didn't see it posted, RE:R is totally worth $20. IMO easily the best Resident Evil game since RE4.

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil...&qid=1356023984&sr=8-8&keywords=resident+evil

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Agree the best RE game since RE4 and definitely worth the price.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Apparently there will be a console version of this game coming soon confirmed by Korean gaming board not too long ago. And they've been spot on outing certain games before publishers announcement.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to this: hope it gets a nice HD makeover with new content.

This is a great game to add to your 3DS Library. The graphics are amazing for such a little handheld device. 20 Dollars isn't a bad price.

I did however get hung up on the second level... :) It's a pretty hard game when you get stuck!

I was able to price match this at Best Buy tonight. Got the last copy in the store, the 3/DS and Wii sections had been ravaged from all the holiday shoppers.

Yeah this was my other game I was supposed to buy for the 3DS this year. If I didn't have a XBox I would have already, now I'm in a bind because of the leaked console version. I rather hold out for that one.

Man, this is tempting but with the possible imminent console release I'm going to have to pass.

Gah, so hard to pass up based on a rumor!

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Is it still fun without circle pad?[/QUOTE]

Beat it without the circle pad and I thought it controlled just fine. There's a demo in the eShop, but honestly, I don't think it represents the game well. It throws you into too much action too quickly and, aside from showing off the fancy graphics, might leave a bad impression. I didn't bite until reviews came back and were generally very positive, and I'm glad I did b/c I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Byakurai']I like how you tried to be funny and still misspelt the game. ;)[/QUOTE]

I like how you misspelled "misspelt" . :roll:

Fantastic game. It controls like RE4 without circle pad pro, like RE6 with it. The game is half survivor horror and half action. You play as up to four different characters throughout the 12 hour campaign, jumping between them. The bulk of the game is played as Jill, with Chris and two brand new characters padding things out. While playing as Chris and the other characters the game throws mobs of enemies at you and enough ammo to level a battlefield... but as stated the bulk of the game is Jill and her scenarios couldn't be more different.

You are always low on ammo, often panicking for herbs and often feel unmatched even with only two enemies on screen, but you're never screwed if you handle the situation smart, even if that means retreating to try and find more supplies somewhere. It is pure intensity and, in my opinion, a perfect example of survival horror. Throw in a dark claustrophobic cruise ship as your setting, eerie and unsettling sound design, monster designs straight out of Amnesia and a few jump scares to boot and I don't hesitate calling it the scariest game in the series, even if it's not that scary compared to many horror titles.

Also interesting tidbit; the man who wrote the game, Dai Sato, wrote the animes Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Samurai Champloo and Eureka Seven. The story isn't anything special, but yeah.

bread's done
Back