cubeenigma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
196 (100%)
Trine 2 Directors Cut for $15.99 till 1/7
Little Inferno $9.99 till 1/4
Chasing Aurora $7.49 till 1/3

Source eShop.

I might be off on the prices a bit since my game pad died when I just saw prices but it's about right.

And remember each game nets you points for the Deluxe Digital Promo if you were a Deluxe purchaser

Last edited by a moderator:
$16 for Trine is a sale price?

I just paid $15 for Little Inferno the other day. Game was not worth $15.

whoa, trine is like 400 points on xbox live but i do want to play on the gamepad and you can on the e-shop version of trine

hmmmmm what to do,

just bought trine 2 on xbox for 5 bucks!

def wanna try little inferno out!

Edited: cause I'm dumb. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's Trine 2 actually...[/QUOTE]
:| Changed just for you!

and Trine 2 is a great looking game with an update coming out soon

Dang, just paid $20 for Trine 2 on the e-shop the other day.

However, this is a GREAT SIGN for Wii-U owners, since, unless I'm very mistaken, Wii VC/Wii Shop titles never went on sale?

[quote name='cubeenigma']:| Changed just for you!

and Trine 2 is a great looking game with an update coming out soon[/QUOTE]

The only reason I figured it was worth mentioning was because I thought the comments were confusing this for Trine 1 as being on sale on Xbox but apparently Trine 2 is on sale on Xbox as well. This is director's cut like you mentioned, but still an $11 premium is a bit much...

[quote name='drktrpr1']Dang, just paid $20 for Trine 2 on the e-shop the other day.

However, this is a GREAT SIGN for Wii-U owners, since, unless I'm very mistaken, Wii VC/Wii Shop titles never went on sale?[/QUOTE]

I can't remember them ever going on sale, so yeah, this is good.

Yikes. A few months ago I got Trine, Trine 2, and the Trine 2 DLC on Steam for about $5 total. It's weird to see $15.99 as a sale price for just Trine 2.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Dang, just paid $20 for Trine 2 on the e-shop the other day.

However, this is a GREAT SIGN for Wii-U owners, since, unless I'm very mistaken, Wii VC/Wii Shop titles never went on sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe Sega had a sale on the Wii shop once, but that was it.

[quote name='BNoyes']Yikes. A few months ago I got Trine, Trine 2, and the Trine 2 DLC on Steam for about $5 total. It's weird to see $15.99 as a sale price for just Trine 2.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it has the Goblin DLC just not Trine 1.

[quote name='BNoyes']Yikes. A few months ago I got Trine, Trine 2, and the Trine 2 DLC on Steam for about $5 total. It's weird to see $15.99 as a sale price for just Trine 2.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'll take 20% off over nothing at all.

I don't play PC games so I tend to not compare Steam sales to anything else.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Wow, the eShop charges tax on purchases? Was totally unaware of this until I bought Little Inferno just now.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the state you reside in. California doesn't tax digital purchases but states like Texas, and Tennessee does.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Wow, the eShop charges tax on purchases? Was totally unaware of this until I bought Little Inferno just now.[/QUOTE]
The PlayStation Store does this as well. Microsoft manages to avoid this because you're making purchases with points, but the points are taxed when they're first purchased.

[quote name='Hoffer']$16 for Trine is a sale price?

I just paid $15 for Little Inferno the other day. Game was not worth $15.[/QUOTE]

Little Inferno is better than most games priced at $30. And Trine is expensive because not only is it the Director's Cut with lots of extra content, it is the BEST LOOKING VERSION of all the consoles, and the GamePad gives much better play control for the game. Look at the Eurogamer face-off if you don't believe me.

Good to see the sale, not digging the prices though. Especially with tax added onto it. Still tempted to grab Trine 2, shame there's no demo.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The PlayStation Store does this as well. Microsoft manages to avoid this because you're making purchases with points, but the points are taxed when they're first purchased.[/QUOTE]
Points aren't always taxed.

Buyer beware on the Wii U eShop... your purchases have really strict DRM that tie to 1 Console and 1 Console only... not to your "Account". I know I won't be buying anything from Nintendo's eShop until they fix their DRM scheme. If your Wii U breaks or gets stolen... you won't get your Digital Games back unless you pay Nintendo more $$$ to fix your Wii U and you're totally SOL if it's stolen.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Buyer beware on the Wii U eShop... your purchases have really strict DRM that tie to 1 Console and 1 Console only... not to your "Account". I know I won't be buying anything from Nintendo's eShop until they fix their DRM scheme. If your Wii U breaks or gets stolen... you won't get your Digital Games back unless you pay Nintendo more $$$ to fix your Wii U and you're totally SOL if it's stolen.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I really hate their DRM scheme. Do you guys think they will ever have a system like Xbox or PS3 that ties to your account and can be re-downloaded in the future?

[quote name='TommyLove']Yeah I really hate their DRM scheme. Do you guys think they will ever have a system like Xbox or PS3 that ties to your account and can be re-downloaded in the future?[/QUOTE]

I seriously hope so and I have to believe they will if they want to follow through on trying to capture the home entertainment hub market they so covet.

Of course, I have the same opinion of their current trophy/achievement position. If they want to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft and be inviting to third parties they need to adopt what has become established as industry standards.

[quote name='theflicker']I seriously hope so and I have to believe they will if they want to follow through on trying to capture the home entertainment hub market they so covet.

Of course, I have the same opinion of their current trophy/achievement position. If they want to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft and be inviting to third parties they need to adopt what has become established as industry standards.[/QUOTE]
I really hope so. I was sad when I got my 3DS stolen and I lost all my ambassador deal games and some club nintendo games. It'll be great to download them all again and only have them sync up with my club nintendo account somehow and have them to be able to re-download for my new 3DS. The only downside to this is that the stolen 3DS still have the games, but maybe make them playable only by using Wi-Fi, but then again, that will make other customers frustrated.
Who knows, but once they have a similar system to Xbox and PS3, I know they will get a lot more business from me as I'm running out of room for my collection.

[quote name='theflicker']Of course, I have the same opinion of their current trophy/achievement position. If they want to stay competitive with Sony and Microsoft and be inviting to third parties they need to adopt what has become established as industry standards.[/QUOTE]
By not requiring achievements, they are being inviting to third-parties. Despite how inviting they may be to the gamers themselves, many publishers (EA is a big one) just see it as another platform mandate that increases development costs.

I keep hearing that there is a global or account-based achievement system, but it's either in a very different format (like the "x99" badge you see when using Miiverse) or nobody's really used it yet because it's optional.

[quote name='n64ra']nintendo allowed a sale on its proprietary platform!?![/QUOTE]

Developers are allowed to set & change their prices on the Wii U.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']By not requiring achievements, they are being inviting to third-parties. Despite how inviting they may be to the gamers themselves, many publishers (EA is a big one) just see it as another platform mandate that increases development costs.

I keep hearing that there is a global or account-based achievement system, but it's either in a very different format (like the "x99" badge you see when using Miiverse) or nobody's really used it yet because it's optional.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about it that way, but that makes sense re: development costs. My thoughts were about parity easing porting, but that's just pulled out of nowhere.

I kinda doubt it but I'm curious does the Wii U version of Trine 2 support 3D? I already own the PC version of it and it supports 3D natively, and looks incredible I might add, within the game just wondering if any of that trickled over on to the Wii U.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Buyer beware on the Wii U eShop... your purchases have really strict DRM that tie to 1 Console and 1 Console only... not to your "Account". I know I won't be buying anything from Nintendo's eShop until they fix their DRM scheme. If your Wii U breaks or gets stolen... you won't get your Digital Games back unless you pay Nintendo more $$$ to fix your Wii U and you're totally SOL if it's stolen.[/QUOTE]

This scares me the most about making digital purchases on the eShop/from Nintendo, especially when there's full retail games involved.

[quote name='n64ra']nintendo allowed a sale on its proprietary platform!?![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, this was incredibly shocking to me.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I kinda doubt it but I'm curious does the Wii U version of Trine 2 support 3D? I already own the PC version of it and it supports 3D natively, and looks incredible I might add, within the game just wondering if any of that trickled over on to the Wii U.

This scares me the most about making digital purchases on the eShop/from Nintendo, especially when there's full retail games involved.[/QUOTE]

If your console breaks, Nintendo will transfer your games. Any other scenario is not supported yet.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']WOOOOOOOOWWW. Little Inferno is the most fun I've had in a long time. I love it! Go buy it please![/QUOTE]

Are the PC and Wii U versions identical? They are both the same price, I'm not sure which version to get.

[quote name='gordojones88']The Wii U is doomed.[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that Mr. "Giant-Signature-That's-Like-Four-Times-The-Size-Of-His-Post"?

Picked up Little Inferno and Chasing Aurora. On the fence about Trine 2. I got it with PS Plus but it does seem to be the best version. Does anyone know if the local multiplayer stands up/is enhanced with the Wii U version?

Picked up Little Inferno, wife is happy it is for the Wii U since she just whipped every last little bit of content in Scribblenauts into submission.

Select 3DS Eshop titles were on sale during the summer, but it appears that his since stopped.

[quote name='Hoffer']$16 for Trine is a sale price?

I just paid $15 for Little Inferno the other day. Game was not worth $15.[/QUOTE]

Trine was worth the $20. Game is wicked good on WIIU

Sweet I mentioned the Trine 2 DC in the 360 thread, nobody seemed to know much about it.

I'll gladly take a 20 percent discount with tons of extra content and gamepad play over an inferior version.

bread's done
Back