Preorder Fire Emblem: Awakening at GameStop, get an art book.

Definitely going to get on this right away. Fire Emblem's been one of my favorite series (if not my absolute favorite).

Guess I should ask, anyway: does Gamestop.com charge immediately or when they ship?

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Definitely going to get on this right away. Fire Emblem's been one of my favorite series (if not my absolute favorite).

Guess I should ask, anyway: does Gamestop.com charge immediately or when they ship?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the credit card company, but you may get an authorization hold and not an actual charge.

[quote name='Gosha']Might just order this online to make sure I get the artbook.[/QUOTE]

They still say "while supplies last" for online orders.

[quote name='daminion']this is the game that will sell me a 3ds. damn, wasn't even on my radar.[/QUOTE]

Got Etrian Odyssey IV coming out 3 weeks later too. 3DS getting ready to start it's dominance.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']How big of an artbook we talkin' bout here? If it's only a measly 10 pages, I'd rather wait to get this game on clearance.

But then again, it's not like we're going to get the Knights of Iris book. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10207144[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering about this too. I want the game on release day, so getting something extra I guess is better than nothing. Also, the game is available for preorder on Newegg. Hopefully they do another $10 off $39.99 preorder again.

[quote name='bob330i']dammit, 3DS only? making it harder to resist buying one.[/QUOTE]Fire Emblem is a first party Nintendo franchise like Mario and Zelda, no reason to be surprised it's on a Nintendo console.

[quote name='excellen']Fire Emblem is a first party Nintendo franchise like Mario and Zelda, no reason to be surprised it's on a Nintendo console.[/QUOTE]

When i saw the trailer i was hoping it was on the wii u.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']When i saw the trailer i was hoping it was on the wii u.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm more likely to buy a Wii U in the future than the 3DS as this point.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']How big of an artbook we talkin' bout here? If it's only a measly 10 pages, I'd rather wait to get this game on clearance.

But then again, it's not like we're going to get the Knights of Iris book. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10207144[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, you can probably expect something just like the Xenoblade artbook from earlier this year.

[quote name='bob330i']dammit, 3DS only? making it harder to resist buying one.[/QUOTE]

What made you think it wasn't for 3DS?

[quote name='confoosious']please let this not be a gamestop exclusive![/QUOTE]

[quote name='doodofdoods']You know it is. Amazon and Nintendo are frenemies now.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are referring to the Artbook or Game. .... so Amazon but no bonus listed.

[quote name='confoosious']please let this not be a gamestop exclusive![/QUOTE]
It doesn't say exclusive (they're usually quick to label it as such), so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on Amazon.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Got Etrian Odyssey IV coming out 3 weeks later too. 3DS getting ready to start it's dominance.[/QUOTE]

lol Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey IV

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I'm wondering about this too. I want the game on release day, so getting something extra I guess is better than nothing. Also, the game is available for preorder on Newegg. Hopefully they do another $10 off $39.99 preorder again.[/QUOTE]

I was totally looking for the same preorder deal on Newegg! lol I literally searched it while I red your comment.

[quote name='botticus']It doesn't say exclusive (they're usually quick to label it as such), so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

nice. even best buy would do.

Newegg would be best for sure but I can live with Gamestop if it comes to that. Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo franchise and I've heard this is one of the best games in the series so I can't wait.

[quote name='botticus']It doesn't say exclusive (they're usually quick to label it as such), so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Gamestop hasn't listed "exclusive" on a lot of physical bonus items recently and yet they were all exclusives. While it's possible other retailers may get it, I wouldn't hold my breath.

You know what? Because I'm impatient and don't want to wait for shipping, I think I'm going to try to go to my local Gamestop before work tomorrow morning and try to trade in a few really cheap games I don't play for their Trade 3, get $10 extra promo they have going on, then preorder FE there instead. There'll be hell to pay if I don't get my art book when I pick it up, though.

...so I really wanna play this game the day it comes out, seeing as it's the reason I bought a 3DS in the first place (I've already mentioned how it's possibly my favorite video game series, right?). The reviews for it have all been pretty amazing so far, too, so I'm psyched. This'll be the first game I paid full MSRP for, and on release day, in almost a year.

Last time I did that was for the ME3 CE. Definitely learned my lesson after that.

I went to a local gamestop on the 20th around 7pm to confirm there would be a pre-order bonus with them. When the associate looked, he told me the game couldn't even be put on pre-order yet and there was no bonus item info, he said not even luigis mansion could be pre-ordered. The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

Still I'm trying a different gamestop later today

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I went to a local gamestop on the 20th around 7pm to confirm there would be a pre-order bonus with them. When the associate looked, he told me the game couldn't even be put on pre-order yet and there was no bonus item info, he said not even luigis mansion could be pre-ordered. The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

Still I'm trying a different gamestop later today[/QUOTE]

Why would you not be able to pre-order in store if you can do it online? Seems weird to me.

Still, this is GS we're talking about here. :lol:

[quote name='nightmarishhero']The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.
[/QUOTE]

That's how we know the world is truly ending.

[quote name='Mixer236']Why would you not be able to pre-order in store if you can do it online? Seems weird to me.

Still, this is GS we're talking about here. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I remember Super Smash Bros Brawl was preorderable online a good year, if not longer, before it could be preordered in store.

Just preorder online and do store pick-up. That way the preorder bonus ships with your item to the store and it's already marked for you.

[quote name='Eggman']Just preorder online and do store pick-up. That way the preorder bonus ships with your item to the store and it's already marked for you.[/QUOTE]

You have to be careful sometimes with that for physical preorder bonuses. I did the same thing for xenoblade chronicles back when it came out and they would not give me my artbook cause they only had enough for their instore preorders. I was like WTF? Luckily gamestop cs sent me a copy (and another one a couple of weeks later).

art books dont really fetch much

still sitting on a

knights in nightmare book
and
Etrian Odyssey: Forests of Eternity Art Book Paperback from part 3 preorder

[quote name='slidecage']art books dont really fetch much

still sitting on a

and
Etrian Odyssey: Forests of Eternity Art Book Paperback from part 3 preorder[/QUOTE]

so what? not everything has to be sold.

[quote name='slidecage']art books dont really fetch much

still sitting on a

and
Etrian Odyssey: Forests of Eternity Art Book Paperback from part 3 preorder[/QUOTE]
I don't think any of us that would preorder a game at full price was looking to sell this...this is arguably the best Fire Emblem to come out ever and the art looks great too, so for people that were going to buy it anyways Day 1, we might as well get the best deal, and so far, this seems to be it.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']I went to a local gamestop on the 20th around 7pm to confirm there would be a pre-order bonus with them. When the associate looked, he told me the game couldn't even be put on pre-order yet and there was no bonus item info, he said not even luigis mansion could be pre-ordered. The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

Still I'm trying a different gamestop later today[/QUOTE]

Thats really odd.. it was the 20th I ordered both EO IV and Fire Emblem at my local GS.

bread's done
Back