Target Ad 12/26-12/29: Farcry 3, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, NFSMW, ACIII, and more ($39.99)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
***EDIT: I mistakenly stated the ad starts Sunday, when it in fact starts after Christmas. Sorry for the inconvenience***

Couple of good price match opportunities next week!

$49.99 Games
:360::ps3:
NHL 13
FIFA 13

$39.99
:360::ps3:
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Wii U listed too)
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III (possibly for Wii U as well)
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Forza Horizon
Hitman Absolution
Epic Mickey 2 (also for Wii)

Just Dance 4 (Wii U)

$29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 4
:360::wii: Zumba Fitness Core
:wii: Lego LOTR

:3ds: Regular 3DS Console - $145

:wii: Skylanders Giants Console Bundle - $125

B2G1 50% off all Wii U Games and Skylander Single Character Packs

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice price match for FarCry 3 and Black Ops 2...I wish I had gotten those now. Friend of mine got FC3 so he is gonna price match it.

Im gonna git far cry 3 for sure..Thanks OP. It's that time of the season where i got all gifts bought and ready to be wrapped ,so i can buy stuff for me again. Can never have too much stuff.

If you don't pickup FC3 for that price there's something wrong with you! That might be my price for BlOps2 as well for the MP...grrr just don't know!

If I wasn't already gonna be so busy with Borderlands 2 and AC3 post-Christmas, I would definitely grab FC3 at that price.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']Heh, my dad bought my brother a copy of FC3 last week at Target for full price. I assume they will refund him the difference?[/QUOTE]
Yup, if not just buy a new copy and return it with the old receipt.

Looks like I'll be price matching Far Cry 3 at BB and using up some of my reward zone certificates. Thanks for posting, OP.

[quote name='jefexp']In for black ops! Really wish I could pm at bestbuy this week instead of waiting[/QUOTE]

Buy at BB then PM it next week?

[quote name='dramasetter929']Can you price match a game after you already price matched last week for best buy??[/QUOTE]

Yup, just bring in the newest receipt to pm. I do same thing every time to price drops more than the last price. Works great to get $20 games after $20rz credit.

[quote name='JKSonic']If you don't pickup FC3 for that price there's something wrong with you! That might be my price for BlOps2 as well for the MP...grrr just don't know![/QUOTE]

I didn't like Black Ops 1 that much. So I used RedBox's free promo codes to try out Black Ops 2 for free. It feels a lot better. So much more layout customization that could make any gun strong. There's more preference options too, like changing shooting from R1 to R2 and L1 to L2. It's a definite buy for me at $40.

I'd say I'm definitely snagging Far Cry 3 (especially since I've got my $10 gift card from the other week)... but from the sounds of it, there won't be any left from everyone else grabbing them! :( womp womp

[quote name='Dund3r']If I wasn't already gonna be so busy with Borderlands 2 and AC3 post-Christmas, I would definitely grab FC3 at that price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm finishing up the DLC on Borderlands with my wife so we can start Borderlands 2 and I'm hoping getting a nifty new 3D TV will motivate me to actually play past the super-long intro to AC3 after Christmas.

Come on Lego LOTR, $20 or bust!

Shoot, already PM my launch Far Cry 3 at BB using this week's Target $49.99 ad. Oh well. Definitely worth $40 for those that haven't picked it up yet.

[quote name='lilman']Shoot, already PM my launch Far Cry 3 at BB using this week's Target $49.99 ad. Oh well. Definitely worth $40 for those that haven't picked it up yet.[/QUOTE]
What's the problem? You can PM again at the $39.99 price.

My work gave me a $50 gift card to Target for Christmas but now I have a problem. I can't decide if I should get Black Ops 2 or Epic Mickey 2. I won't have internet for several months so Black Ops seems useless. I'd like to get Epic Mickey for me and my g/f but I heard the reviews weren't that great...

Aw screw it, I'll probably just get The Walking Dead game.

[quote name='klimb22']What's the problem? You can PM again at the $39.99 price.[/QUOTE]
Orly! I thought it was only one pm per item. Thanks, will try that.

[quote name='computingwarren']Good price on FC3. Well worth $60. A steal at $40[/QUOTE]

You all realize that you can get these two games, black ops 2 and far cry 3 at tru this week for 70 bucks? that's the better deal folks.

[quote name='lobo louie']You all realize that you can get these two games, black ops 2 and far cry 3 at tru this week for 70 bucks? that's the better deal folks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Good Luck finding them at TRU, especially Far Cry 3.

[quote name='lobo louie']You all realize that you can get these two games, black ops 2 and far cry 3 at tru this week for 70 bucks? that's the better deal folks.[/QUOTE]

Not all of us are willing to shell out 70. As for me, I would love to, but that extra 30 is being used towards gifts. It is a great deal though, I wish I could take advantage of it.

Might finally get Black Ops 2 and a GC after PMing, I've been to two different BB's and can't find an Amazon Kindle GC for the AMEX offer.

wow, jsut like that COD drops within a months time. Every year a COD is release everyone frizzles out or surges and stops caring within a month or two time........AC3 has had 4 sales. Its price hasnt dropped as bad as revelations did. within a month, that game was $30.00 at least AC3 is doing better even though the ending sucked

[quote name='Brother Daz']Nope, GS does not pm at all[/QUOTE]

A big reason buying from them this season is a terrible choice. I'll stop by Target and match the Blops 2 I bought a month ago and get Far Cry or AC for $20.

Sorry for asking a dumb question but you can price match a game at Best Buy from another store's sale? I knew you could get an adjustment if it went on sale later at Best Buy, but this works for other stores too? In other words, buy a game at BB, game goes on sale at Target, Walmart, etc. two weeks later, go back to Best Buy and price match?

At least that's what I'm being lead to believe based on some of these posts.

And if I'm not mistaken you have a 30 day window from purchase to price match (longer if Silver status)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Sorry for asking a dumb question but you can price match a game at Best Buy from another store's sale? I knew you could get an adjustment if it went on sale later at Best Buy, but this works for other stores too? In other words, buy a game at BB, game goes on sale at Target, Walmart, etc. two weeks later, go back to Best Buy and price match?

At least that's what I'm being lead to believe based on some of these posts.

And if I'm not mistaken you have a 30 day window from purchase to price match (longer if Silver status)?

Thanks in advance for any info.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can pm other store's ads at BB. Some rules apply though:

1) The store has to be considered local competition to BB, like Target and Walmart. This also means that company must have a store local to your BB. For example, there's no Fry's where I live, so I can't match their prices.
2) Need proof of current price at competitor. Usually you just bring that store's weekly print ad.
3) Competitor must have matching item in stock at nearest store. They rarely call to verify this though.
4) Certain things may not be pm, like free gift with purchase. YMMV depending on your store's manager. I was denied a gift card pm at one BB, but the next closest BB matched it by taking the value of the gift card right off the purchase price.
5) Usually, only in-store pricing can be matched. For the holidays, BB is also matching online store prices like Amazon and walmart.com, but this will end soon.
6) 30 days to pm, or 60 if you have Silver membership. This holiday has a special pm period that's good through 1/24.

Does TRU have any kind of price adjustment time period? I bought Far Cry 3 last Sunday for $49.99 anyway I can go there this Sunday and get $10.00 back?

[quote name='lilman']Yes, you can pm other store's ads at BB. Some rules apply though:

1) The store has to be considered local competition to BB, like Target and Walmart. You can't match mom&pop store or somewhere like 7-11 (which does apparently sell some games). This also means that company must have a store local to your BB. For example, there's no Fry's where I live, so I can't match their prices.
2) Need proof of current price at competitor. Usually you just bring that store's weekly print ad.
3) Competitor must have matching item in stock at nearest store. They rarely call to verify this though.
4) Certain things may not be pm, like free gift with purchase. YMMV depending on your store's manager. I was denied a gift card pm at one BB, but the next closest BB matched it by taking the value of the gift card right off the purchase price.
5) Usually, only in-store pricing can be matched. For the holidays, BB is also matching online store prices like Amazon and walmart.com, but this will end soon.
6) 30 days to pm, or 60 if you have Silver membership.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info dude/dudette.

[quote name='lilman']Orly! I thought it was only one pm per item. Thanks, will try that.[/QUOTE]u can pm an item unlimited amount of times w/i the 30/60 window. Otherwise a person would just return/rebuy.

[quote name='oasisboy']No amazon price match post yet? What?????[/QUOTE]sale hasn't started yet.

[quote name='jefexp']Not all of us are willing to shell out 70. As for me, I would love to, but that extra 30 is being used towards gifts. It is a great deal though, I wish I could take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]still do the $70 but trade a game into BB to get I believe a $43 GC which will help negate the overall cost.

[quote name='lilman']Yes, you can pm other store's ads at BB. Some rules apply though:

1) The store has to be considered local competition to BB, like Target and Walmart. You can't match mom&pop store or somewhere like 7-11 (which does apparently sell some games). This also means that company must have a store local to your BB. For example, there's no Fry's where I live, so I can't match their prices.
6) 30 days to pm, or 60 if you have Silver membership.[/QUOTE]
You can pm mom & pop stores as long as the basics are met(local store) they have a spot for "other" for pm's. They even match wharehouse clubs like Sam's club/BJ's.
Doing a simple receipt pm can solve stock denials....Buy the item at any walmart even if you're local stock is out of stock they'll match. And since the price is on the receipt also that issue is solved too.
Even if not silver pm'ing is extended till 1/24 for all but if your 60 days goes pat it you still have the full 60 days.

[quote name='ajh2298']Does TRU have any kind of price adjustment time period? I bought Far Cry 3 last Sunday for $49.99 anyway I can go there this Sunday and get $10.00 back?[/QUOTE]Even if they didn't u could just buy a new copy & return it using the 1st receipt.

PROTIP
If you generally don't have good luck getting YMMV pm's doing the receipt post purchase pm generally will be your best bet.
It clearly shows all the details needed to get the match w/o the store having to do anything but allow or deny. Also, since you've already shown them that u will buy it no matter what u now have the "power of the $".

Hope this helps

Looks like Target is making several of the $20 RZ games simple.

[quote name='Enuf']You can pm mom & pop stores as long as the basics are met(local store) they have a spot for "other" for pm's. They even match wharehouse clubs like Sam's club/BJ's.
Doing a simple receipt pm can solve stock denials....Buy the item at any walmart even if you're local stock is out of stock they'll match. And since the price is on the receipt also that issue is solved too.
Even if not silver pm'ing is extended till 1/24 for all but if your 60 days goes pat it you still have the full 60 days.[/QUOTE]
Thx, updated my post.

i agree on this deal. that would be tough to beat.

bread's done
Back