* * * * - 2 votes

The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

#361 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Scored this on Craigslist for this morning. Was mixed into 5 separate ads but realized all were the same guy:

Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Fan Art Edition (PS1)
Azure Dreams (PS1, disc only)
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (GC)
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley (PSP)

All the games are complete except for Azure Dreams and Oracle of Ages.

20130731_124230.jpg

www.vg-force.com

#362 kermit036   ready P1 CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Multiple Craigslist finds.

Pick up #1

Spoiler

Pick up #2

Spoiler

Find #3 which fed most of my trade pick ups this month:

Spoiler

#4 find. Potentially a score with future possibilites?

Spoiler

least to say Craigslist has been awesome.

#363 ChuckT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Picked this up two days ago for $120.00

9411285965_9bfefbe452.jpg

9411286351_4e5bc8f42c.jpg

Was originally going to pick up the NES lot, but ended getting the selling to throw in a hodge podge of games he had lying around. Particularly excited about the Neo Geo Pocket games - based on what I've watched online, Faseleii and Gal Fighters should be fun to play. Wish I had more money on hand when I went over - left a few choice items behind that I couldn't afford. Hopefully they'll still be there when I replenish my funds tomorrow.

#364 Zazoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

Picked Up Both of these today for $5  I have been wanting Diablo for the PS1 for quite some time now.

DSC09721_zpse268f7d0.jpg

#365 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   11985 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

#4 find. Potentially a score with future possibilites?
[spoiler]

The guy originally wanted a $100. I offered to buy it for $60 if no one made an offer by the end of the day. He said what the hell and decided to sell it to me right away. I asked if he could test it. It didn't show anything for him. I got him to part with this for $30. I thought this would just need a good cleaning, but unfortunately I don't think that is the issue. Cleaned everything and still get a very glitched screen that kinda looked like Mario 3 checkered opening all glitched up. =/ 

Unfortunately, PPU units are already dying on a lot of non 1chip SNES systems these days.

My system from when I was a kid shows screen tearing and other graphical glitches because the PPU chip is dying. It seems like these will have a shorter life than most NES systems, even. Fortunately there's the other motherboard revision where a lot of the functions were combined into 1 chip on the board, and I haven't heard of as many problems with those or the SNES Jr revision.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#366 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

So I had a guy that was going to sell me a Game Boy Micro for $15, but he didn't show up to our meeting time.  I emailed him and he emailed me back saying it was still for sale at that price, but he didn't return my inquiry for another meeting.  I'm guessing he checked eBay prices.

Did pick up a Rock Band guitar and drum set for the Wii for $15.  Not a great price, and the guitar didn't come with the receiver, but I mostly wanted the drums anyhow.

Currently Playing:  Games

#367 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

So I emailed the guy with the Game Boy Micro using a different account.  He still had it, so I managed to pick it up for $15.  It came with a charger but doesn't have a faceplate.  I'm just happy to have a backlit GBA as it allowed me to trade in my DS (original bulky model) to GS for double credit.  Managed to net $10 there.

#368 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2650 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

wrong thread

Edited by Kovorkian, 06 August 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#369 Danil ACE   Agent 47 CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Picked up the following for $20 today. Not a bad deal I think considering what these things go for on ebay. I actually just wanted the case and jedi academy, but considering the case is regularly selling on ebay for $25ish, I may just sell it. I'm currently planning on putting a big hard drive in the xbox and selling that as well, since I already have one for personal use. 2b8i.jpg Oh and the Xbox has the Samsung drive, which was a nice surprise.

#370 strawyleader997   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

strawyleader997

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

silver gamecube with cords

2 wired Nintendo controllers

Gameboy player(missing start up disc)

Madden NFL 07

Metroid(missing bonus disc)

Metroid 2

Spiderman

Tak The Great Juju Challenge

Lord of the Rings The King Returns

Lego Star Wars 1 and 2

Shadow The Hedgehog

Mario Superstar Baseball

I got all of it for $40 (the guy only lived a couple minutes away from me too)

#371 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Had an awesome score yesterday. It was someone who was supposed to meet me Sunday at a flea market and no showed, texted me yesterday morning saying he really needed money. I told him I wanted to meet at the flea market as he lived an hour away from me and the flea market was the only time I was in his area. He told me he would throw in some extra games to make it worth my while, and would meet me half way. So for $120 and 30 minutes driving I got:

Platinum Nintendo Gamecube
251 Block Memory card
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Mario Party 5
Donkey Konga and Jungle Beats with bongos

Silver Nintendo DS (original)
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Black

Silver Game Boy Advance SP
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon LeafGreen

and the freebies he threw in for driving to meet him were Paper Mario 64 with manual, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario as well as a Guitar Hero 5 guitar for Wii.

#372 ChuckT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Saw an ad for Atari games online this evening. Almost passed on it (they wanted $100 for it, and I have two Atari systems in my collection), but then decided to bite after taking a closer look at the games. Landed it for $90. 

9536589522_56fdd539c7.jpg

Came with five controllers, twenty nine Atari games, and one misfit Intellivision game (of course). Most of the games were doubles - I think I snagged seven keepers - but I really only purchased the lot for this:

9536589640_1d8abbdfb6.jpg

Really excited to try it out. Hope I can find time to play it tomorrow - in the middle of bathroom renos, and my game room is full of plumbing supplies.

#373 Sivarticus   Kentucky Fried Cheapass CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:16 AM

Picked up an Xbox 360 Star Wars Edition for $200 today. Came with the two games, cords, controller, all that stuff. Guy said it was turned on once, he got it as a gift.

Best part is he found a charging station, two extra batteries and an extra controller he said he would sell for $30. I didn't happen to have the cash on me, but he is coming tomorrow to my work and I'm gonna buy him dinner for it.

Now I decide whether I flip it or sell the 250 I have and keep it. Might not be the best deal but I am super pumped lol

#374 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Picked up the following for $20.

IMG_3638_zps5fdfda23.jpg

IMG_3639_zps2e8c60db.jpg

So they're Japanese versions.  I mainly bought it for the Wizard's Companion.  Now I just have to decide if I want to keep it or sell it.  I can't read Japanese, but it's so pretty.

Also picked up a copy of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast off the same guy.  He initially had it listed for $5 and I told him I was interested in it then.  He then decided to check ebay and wanted $10.  We eventually settled on $7.  I've already sold it off.

#375 strawyleader997   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

strawyleader997

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Picked up 4 sega genesis games (all of them have cases and most have manuals) for $12 today

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Revolution X

Gargoyles(not the US version)

#376 kermit036   ready P1 CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

I got everything for $80. The guy knew what he had but didn't want the hassle of sitting on it or listing on ebay.

9660476206_7de5069454_z.jpg

#377 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

My first great Craigslist score in awhile. Paid $100 for everything, which the person I purchased from told me he was blown away when I offered him that much he said he thought the only use for it was someone that couldn't afford a DS for their kids would buy it from him for $20-30.

image_zps3f38aab9.jpeg

image_2_zps4789552a.jpeg

image_3_zps346d6691.jpeg

image_4_zps5bcfd954.jpeg

image_1_zpsabb4f672.jpeg

#378 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

My first great Craigslist score in awhile. Paid $100 for everything, which the person I purchased from told me he was blown away when I offered him that much he said he thought the only use for it was someone that couldn't afford a DS for their kids would buy it from him for $20-30.

Glad a CAG got it. On saturday afternoon I offered the guy 100 for it and he said "it's yours". I asked for his address like 10 min later and he never responded. I thought it might been someone just messing around or decided he wanted ebay prices, like two weeks ago there was an awesome gb/gba collection that the guy wanted only 200 for. Ad sat up there for like a week and he never responded to email.

Maybe my email was missed or it was funneled to the spam folder.

#379 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Wow didnt know you were in my area.

He was kind of hard to get I emailed him when he first posted it last Wednesday, set the price and told him to let me know when and where he could meet me.

The next few days he would email me saying he'd be somewhere and to meet me in 5 minutes which needless to say is not enough time to see the email and get there in time. Finally after I saw he had relisted it multiple times asking for $100 I got his phone number and just called to set it up.

Really surprised he didn't try to play both of us off each other for a higher offer like most Craigslisters.

#380 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

So I picked up some things today from two different sellers.

From one I got a complete black label copy of Final Fantasy VII for $5.

Found another seller that was selling DS games for $5 a pop.  Picked up Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Ace Attorney: Justice for All, and The World Ends With You.  Everything was complete, and TWEWY was sealed.

I'm keeping Ace Attorney since it's the only one I didn't have.  Already flipped Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, and will probably do the same with FF7.  Undecided on TWEWY, though.  I've heard good things, but I don't know if I'll get around to playing it.

#381 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4471 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

ferant, that's an awesome score.  those manuals and boxes look to be in great condition.

just wondering, do people just pick the "video gaming" in the drop down and start browsing?

Selling brand new Majora's Mask New 3DS XL for about $239-$247 shipped

Selling official Gamecube Adapter for Wii U - $25-$30 shipped

Can pickup merch (shirts, plushes, Japan only stuff, (un)common amiibo) from Nintendo World Store with shopping bag.  PM inquiries!

Have discount art stuff for in custom amiibo painting etc - PM specifics!

#382 detectiveconan16   Deposit the bottles. CAGiversary!   5281 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Guy in Philly has a rather funny ad for a Sega Saturn in box for $35. http://philadelphia....4069734376.html Did harryhood get a bigger sense of humor?

Batsugunner.png

#383 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

That ad sure made me laugh. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#384 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   9048 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Picked up a black gamecube with 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, and hookups and these games Sims 2, Wind Waker, MK Double Dash, SSX 3, SSX on tour, Midway Arcade Treasures for $30. Sadly MK Double Dash and Wind Waker have the cases but not the manuals.

Going to pick up another Platinum GC with 1 controller, hookups, and 4 games including Zelda Collector's Edition (dont care if its disc only) for $25

Also got Max Payne 3 and a slim ps2 for $10

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#385 te619   Coldshadow CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I got these for $60. The Demon's Crest manual will go nicely with the $1 cartridge I got at a flea market :)

nway.jpg

#386 spmahn  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

I got a deal today through a Facebook group that I almost feel bad about. Someone posted that they were selling some Sega stuff, and some Nintendo stuff including an N64 Console with Goldeneye and Super Mario 64, some SNES and Genesis Games Final Fantasy 2 & 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and some miscellaneous PS2 and XBox games. I was really only interested in the Final Fantasy games, so I asked how much for those. She replied that she was only interested in selling the whole lot, and wanted $250 for everything. I told her that there was no way, the Final Fantasy games are worth about $50 combined, the N64 lot was worth another $50, and the PS2, XBox, and Genesis stuff was most likely not worth anything, but that I would give her $120 for everything. 

So ultimately she told me she just really needed the money to get food for her baby, and would take $100 for the whole lot. I went and picked it up, and what I ended up with was worth more than the $200 I paid. In the end I got:

A PS2 console with all wires, 2 controllers, and some junk games,

Some junk OG XBox games,

A Genesis 2 console in box with a controller, all wires, and a bunch of sports games, along with Sonic & Knuckles, and Might & Magic

An SNES console with all wires and the games Midway's Arcade Greatest Hits, True Lies, Final Fantasy 2, & Final Fantasy 3

An N64 console without any wires or controllers and Super Mario 64 & Goldeneye

and a wired X-Box 360 Controller.

Had I known that they actually had this much stuff they were getting rid of, I would have upped my offer to like $150, but we agreed to $100 so she took it. Granted, the original ad was kind of vague as to what in total was available, so it's not my fault. I should have no problem making my money back on this stuff, since all I really wanted was the Final Fantasy games which both loaded up fine.

#387 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Since this thread seems to be dying here are my C-list finds for the last month or so.

$60 delivered to me

N64 w/ two controller

Conker

Zelda OOT

Zelda Majora's

Mario

Star Fox

Goldeneye

$60 delivered to me

PS2 w/ about 25 games

good ones were

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Both Baldur Gates

Champions of Norath and the other Champions game

Shining Tears

and of that horror game where I think it is just you and your dog

Then there were the usual GTAs, etc. etc.

That weekend I met the girl and she gave me a bunch of PC games (Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc.)

2 Broken Laptops (1 Macbook)

Harddrive Enclosure

and some other random stuff

$300

Huge bundle of N64, PS2, Xbox, SNES, Gamecube

multiple systems

Probably need some pics to make it understandable how much was there

but some highlights were

Zelda OOT x2

Zelda Majora's x2

5 x Mario 64

2 x Mario Kart 64

DK 64

4 x Diddy Kong Racing

5 x Pokemon Snap

$175

Huge collection of PC games (about 140) and a good collection of PS2 along with some PS1

This was kind of a haul but pretty cool

Vampire the Masquerade Complete

Call of Cthulu Complete

2x Alice

Grim Fandango

Curse of Monkey Isalnd

Tomba 2 (disc only)

RE Code Veronica with Wesker Files

Obscure 1 & 2

And today

$470

Big collection of SNES and N64 stuff (plus some little TV)

About 80 NES games and 60 SNES games

Kind of paid more that I usually would but it had numerous games I've never gotten in the wild

2x Le E'mperour

2x Uncharted Waters

Godzilla 2

Ancient Bandit Kings of China

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1 - 4

etc etc etc

Looking it all over I'm sure I'll have

Also included was what looks like manuals and maps for everything so I'm pretty sure I should have no problem selling the doubles and extras and make back everything I spent.

#388 ShoeGamer19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Is this a good deal for $100, or should I try talking it a bit lower?

Pikmin 2

Sonic Riders

Sonic Heroes

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Super Mario Sunshine

Madden 07

Madden 08

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

Spider-Man 2

Fairly Oddparents: Breakin Da' Rules

Lego Star Wars The Video Game

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Medal of Honor: European Assualt

Pac-Man, and Pac-Man 2

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#389 mitemouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

^^^ not a good deal.. the most valuable games are pikmin, super mario sunshine and harvest moon.. the rest are cheap common games.

#390 ShoeGamer19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

^^^ not a good deal.. the most valuable games are pikmin, super mario sunshine and harvest moon.. the rest are cheap common games.

That's what I was thinking, and since I already have a copy of SMS I figured I could at least get $15 back from that game as I'd have a double. Any suggestions on the price I should offer? I told him $60 but then he replied saying he'd take Pikmin out.

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/