- - - - -

Free Borderlands 2 Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC (XBox / PS3)

#61 matsam   Cooldude pts hunter CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thanks OP, I was planning on getting the game soon, free DLC is pretty awesome.
Posted Image

#62 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

The issue I have about people bitching about people reselling things that are free or are for profit on ebay is that someone somewhere is willing to pay for it. Therefore what is wrong with that in a free market?

Its the same thing with collectors editions or swag people schwag gotten at events. If people are willing to pay for it I dont have an issue with it.

UNLESS ITS SOMETHING I WANTED AND MISSED OUT ON. YOU F*CKING ASSHOLES.

Once these codes are gone, I'm sure someone who missed it and wants the DLC enough would be happy to pay $5 for it on ebay.

Its pretty douchey since these are limited to so few, but so are a lot of things.

Look at the IGN PS+ codes thing, people jumped all over that. I missed out on that as I was at work, but I gladly paid $1.50 a month for a years worth of codes from people.

If the reseller is selling multiple codes that's multiple codes that multiple people will be missing out on. If people are already happy to pay a bit for the DLC why not just pay a bit extra and support Gearbox themselves? "The issue I have about people bitching about people reselling things that are free or are for profit on ebay is that someone somewhere is willing to pay for it." if only everyone followed this type of logic then I could just go on eBay and buy myself a stripper friend :(

#63 247   . CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

LOL looks like one of them is a CAG that posted in this thread earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/...d=121042023679

#64 primalcarnage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

primalcarnage

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thanks op, just got one for PS3, said there was 197 left...

#65 OhioBobcat3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

OhioBobcat3

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

the OP needs to delete that sd link as the OP there credited it to the CAG that posted in the freebies forums

I have updated to credit the original poster from the other forum on this site, so hopefully things are good now. If not, let me know if there is something else that needs to be done. I will do it.

Again, I saw a deal that I knew others would want to know about and that I didn't want them to miss out on. This thread was not intended whatsoever to be oneupsmanship and to steal credit from Tiger for spotting said deal in the first place. It's nice to know that there are members out there who actually reported me for posting about something that originally appeared in a thread on a forum of the site that I do not frequent and knew nothing about. Very Christmas-like, and it will make me think twice about posting deals here again. Crimany...

#66 TommyLove   CAGiversary! Banned   912 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Sweet got one for the 360. Sharing with my FB friends now.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#67 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11070 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

I credited the original poster from the other forum so hopefully things are good now. If not, let me know if there is something else that needs to be done. Again, I saw a deal that I knew others would want to know about and that I didn't want them to miss out on. This thread was not intended whatsoever to be oneupsmanship and to steal credit from Tiger for spotting said deal in the first place. It's nice to know that there are members out there who actually reported me for posting about something that originally appeared in a forum on the site that I do not frequent and knew nothing about. Very Christmas-like, and it will make me think twice about ever posting deals here again. Crimany...

Ignore them, you just saved me and numerous others 10$. I know I would not have checked the Free section of the forum before this ended, and I know in the past I have missed out due to similar reasons.

So i give you a heartfelt thank you.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#68 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30430 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Don't have a big problem with resellers. It's just funny that how some will leech off well intentioned promos whenever they can to make a few dollars profit. One's karma should worth more than that.

Hence, lol @ those appearing on eBay already.

I think that is the key phrase for me. Someone at Comcast (which in itself is kinda shocking) put together a pretty cool and well intentioned promo that certainly wasn't free on their side. So to take take advantage of that promo is a pretty scummy move in my opinion. But oh well, nothing I can do about it.

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#69 Cabhills   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

530 xbox and 115 ps3 codes left for those that still need to grab one

Also thanks OP for pointing this out.
76561198031533789.png

#70 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

I have updated to credit the original poster from the other forum on this site, so hopefully things are good now. If not, let me know if there is something else that needs to be done. I will do it.

Again, I saw a deal that I knew others would want to know about and that I didn't want them to miss out on. This thread was not intended whatsoever to be oneupsmanship and to steal credit from Tiger for spotting said deal in the first place. It's nice to know that there are members out there who actually reported me for posting about something that originally appeared in a forum on the site that I do not frequent and knew nothing about. Very Christmas-like, and it will make me think twice about posting deals here again. Crimany...

What? I don't think anyone is out to get you for creating a thread in the deals section, someone else would've done it sooner or later. Plenty of people only check the DEALS thread anyway. No reason for people to report you.

#71 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hahaha

Ignore them, you just saved me and numerous others 10$. I know I would not have checked the Free section of the forum before this ended, and I know in the past I have missed out due to similar reasons.

So i give you a heartfelt thank you.

I would like to express the same gratitude. BL2 is me and the wife's favorite game of all time, and now it just got better.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#72 usrevenge   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   376 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

usrevenge

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

xbox 360 has 504 left, I got 2 ( one is for a friend so don't hate)

#73 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8528 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

thnx alot
i only check the deals thread, this would have gone unnoticed in the freebie thread. thank you very much for this 'deal'!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#74 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

I wonder if in the SD thread, they're bitching about the "CAG effect." :D

Sonic's multiple friends

#75 Junpei   Think big. Start small. Move fast. CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Nice find, OP! Redeemed an Xbox code succesfully... now I guess it's time to buy a copy of Borderlands 2, or maybe finish the prequel first...! :bouncy:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#76 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Did anyone get CheapyD a code?

#77 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30430 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Again, I saw a deal that I knew others would want to know about and that I didn't want them to miss out on. This thread was not intended whatsoever to be oneupsmanship and to steal credit from Tiger for spotting said deal in the first place. It's nice to know that there are members out there who actually reported me for posting about something that originally appeared in a thread on a forum of the site that I do not frequent and knew nothing about. Very Christmas-like, and it will make me think twice about posting deals here again. Crimany...

Don't worry about it. People on the internet are stupid.

tylerh1701.png 

#78 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Did anyone get CheapyD a code?

Isn't the boss in Japan? He is still on the North America PSN/XBLA?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#79 MechaGojira   Custom User Title?! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

MechaGojira

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

446 xbox codes left when I got mine. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#80 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3850 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think that is the key phrase for me. Someone at Comcast (which in itself is kinda shocking) put together a pretty cool and well intentioned promo that certainly wasn't free on their side. So to take take advantage of that promo is a pretty scummy move in my opinion. But oh well, nothing I can do about it.

I still think its the people doing the promo's responsibility to limit how many codes can be had. Using FB and twitter is the wrong way to do these types of promos since they're easily exploitable. The ideal way would be to at least make it more difficult and limit to one per IP, but that would take more work to do.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#81 Mr Dude65   CAG Uber-Veteran CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Grabbed a 360 one. Thanks, OP!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#82 Naterrs   I'll see you in Hell! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

200 or so for Xbox when I grabbed mine. Thanks!

#83 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I didn't report you. I know there are members that go ape shit when someone posts a "non deal" ie not an actual sale or promo from a retailer or a repost. Then they post those stupid meme pics until a mod deltes the entire thread
Only issue I had was that you linked SD when that person, albeit giving credit, merely copy pasted Tiger's entire post.

The thread in the freebies forums:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=334959

I still think its the people doing the promo's responsibility to limit how many codes can be had. Using FB and twitter is the wrong way to do these types of promos since they're easily exploitable. The ideal way would be to at least make it more difficult and limit to one per IP, but that would take more work to do.

Xfinity (the company running this promo) should have first sent it to people who are customers. No idea how many codes they are giving away but has to be at least 6000 (assuming at least 2k per console). That's a bit big and possibly expensive for this company. Also even if there were ip limits, people would still exploit to death.
I recall someone bragging how they'd get a code (some xbl giveaway) every minute or so by tethering their phone so a new ip every time.

#84 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7199 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

about 150 left just now. thanks OP.

#85 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

When you go to a conference or seminar, the refreshments and gifts are just placed on a table unguarded. The organizers generally assume the attendees have the decency to take one per person.

Not saying our society should be utopian, but the degree of degeneration of basic human decency is sad.

Mathematically Correct.

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#86 ice_man_fb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ice_man_fb

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thanks op got a PS3 code

#87 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30430 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Not saying our society should be utopian, but the degree of degeneration of basic human decency is sad.

I like to think that only a select few and trying to take advantage of the deal, and the vast majority are still using this deal as intended.

That being said, the codes are starting to pop up on the trade thread here as well haha.

tylerh1701.png 

#88 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8528 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

1.5 gig. that's a big dlc, was the first dlc this big too?
ya think i should wait for skyrim ps3 dlc or wtf is happening there?!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#89 mrosnwo  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Got a 360 code...said there's 66 left. Thanks OP!

#90 hellmutt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

That sucks, I took a phone call and when I came back PS3 was out. oh well.