would you again

paintball745

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am thinking about picking up a psvita and I was in Gamestop the other day looking at the vita display and was kind of turned off by how small the set up was. So I was wondering would you purchase the vita again? also do you like the mp3 player portion of it?

I've purchased two; one at launch for myself and one recently for my girlfriend and I would absolutely purchase another one.

But I'm not one of those gamers who think it doesn't have games because it doesn't have the latest "Chinpokomon Dragon Fantasy Emblem Quest".

The games it does have are solid (with more coming) and the actual software is exponentially better then what is on other gaming handhelds.

I like the Sony Media Manager and I like how once I've synced my Vita with my PC I can wireless transfer media back and forth with little to no effort.

PS+ is great and I optimistically look forward to more apps in the future (crossing fingers for VUDU and Amazon Instant Video).

I bought my Vita to play old PSP games I missed out on and to play XBLA type of games on the go(to a lesser extent.)I wouldn't buy one at full price.

It's the ultimate gaming handheld IMO. There hasn't been a single time I've regretted buying the Vita since I first made the purchase in July.

I also use it as a multimedia device even though it's rather big. The music player is set up very well and is extremely easy to navigate. My only major gripe with using the Vita to play music is that there's no other way to change a song without having to manually do it.

Bought an ACIII Vita bundle on Black Friday and it has been very much worth the purchase. I love it and, to be honest, I haven't touched my PS3 much since getting it (with exceptions being to play NFS:MW and Borderlands 2).

I beat the Uncharted game on the Vita and thought it was a pretty good game. I liked it as much as Drake's Fortune. Now I'm playing Persona 4 and it is incredible. I've logged close to 60 hours on it in just a couple of weeks. Mortal Kombat is really good on it. I was shocked how responsive the directional pad is when playing it. Oh...and I've almost picked up the plat on PS All-Stars.

People keep talking about no games to play on it. That is BS. I have a Vita backlog:

Metal Gear Solid Collection (and MGS 1 from PS1)
Zero Escape
AC3 Liberation
Blob
Corpse Party
Class of Heroes
Gravity Rush
Tactics Ogre

and a few others.

Another thing to consider...contrary to what so many people said, the PSP had a lot of really good games. I bought a PSP a few years ago and loved it. So getting the Vita gives you access to that library as well. Not sure what kinds of games you play but if you are into RPGs and SRPGs you will be on cloud nine. The Final Fantasy Tactics remake is out of this world crazy good. Joan of Arc was amazing. The PSP was loaded with those games.

If you are heavy into FPSs, you might be disappointed at first because the Vita doesn't have much quality there YET. People have complained quite a bit about the CoD game out for it.

Don't let the naysayers dissuade you.

yeah i would and i love it and i do a lot of traveling and it comes in handy very much with music and video. I use music unlimited and Netflix a lot on the go and I love it!!!

I would definitely purchase a Vita again, but instead of purchasing it in mid-March (2012) I would have waited 3-4 weeks for those initial deals where they came with $50 GC's. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with my purchase, especially after playing some Persona 4 Golden :D

I also purchased one at launch. And a 3DS at launch too, which was traded for a day 1 3DSXL. *So yes, I have a vita, and 3dsXL*

Its really a toss up for me on which one is better. If you own a ps3, the cross play is an incredible feature, coupled with the PS+ support just launched, its a no brainer. I also purchased music unlimited (service from PSN) and OMG it is freaking awesome. It has almost every title I have looked for. I listen to it at work, at home, and on the vita too. Nintendo is MILES away from the same applidcation development, online support for a game library, and online play too. Edge - vita

As far as comparing it to the 3ds, thats a tough one. I will say my 3ds gets more play time, but it doesnt mean its better. Its that the 3ds is more "pick up and play" and I play every day at work. The clamshell design I think is more durable for me throwing it in my pocket and going to work, because I am SOOO anal and dont want to mess up the vita (Its kind of like having a ferrari in the garage, and driving a mustang). The vita is my "home" portable becayse its just too nice lol.
Pick up and play/portability durability - edge 3DS

The graphics absolutely blow away the 3DSXL - and my biggest gripe about the vita would be the memory cards - I JUST purchased a 32gb card off ebay for $74.99 shipped though, which is a great deal. My 8gb card was not cutting it anymore, and I have tons of games I have bought/downloaded that needed to be all on 1 memory card, which is why I bought the 32gb.

I would say the vita is a instant purchase, but I buy electronics all the time. If you want the best graphics, free games from PS+, most things available on the PSN for purchase, music unlimited (fantastic app, and at $12 for a year subscription which they are doing because its a $60 service to get us hooked) and cross play - do yourself a favor and buy the vita.

You wont regret it. One of my favorite games was hotshot golf. The only game I hated so far was disgea - because those games just dont do it for me, and I have never played the other ones on other consoles, so I didnt know what I was buying at the time.

Back in March I purchased a Vita from Best Buy. I was really excited but was left disappointed in the ugly menu and second rate apps that paled in comparison to the one's I had on my iPhone 4. I had dropped a lot of money on it, so then the guilt started to settle in. I was also unimpressed by the launch games, they didn't look like anything special and certainly not worth the price. I was underwhelmed by it all that I returned it the next day and got a refund.

Fast forward to November and I came across the $180 Amazon Black Friday Bundle which was just too damn good to pass up. I payed far less for my Vita and got loads of great games for free. My favorite games thus far have been Mutant Blobs and PS All Stars. The latter because I can just pick up, play, and have mindless fun.

Probably not... Bought it for my son for Christmas and he put about 10 minutes on it before moving to his other gifts which included Halo 4 and AC3. Luckily I only paid $180 for a glorified HiDef PSP

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Probably not... Bought it for my son for Christmas and he put about 10 minutes on it before moving to his other gifts which included Halo 4 and AC3. Luckily I only paid $180 for a glorified HiDef PSP[/QUOTE]

So if a $180 Vita is a glofified "HiDef PSP" what does that make the $169 3DS?

[quote name='GBAstar']So if a $180 Vita is a glofified "HiDef PSP" what does that make the $169 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Not a financial failure for the company that makes it.

I bought it over the summer where gamestop mistakenly advertised an 8 gb memory card included with a $50 gift card. I like the Vita, but would not buy one again. The vita turned into an itch that I had to scratch, but it sits in the drawer more often than not. I have a backlog of games but never seem to want to play it. It is a good system, but I believe the 3ds is better. Not the most popular opinion, I know, but its true. For me anyway.

At retail price, no. At any discounted price via Amazon or trade ins, a resounding yes.

I got mine at launch for well below retail thanks to Microcenter's generous trade in values, and I barely played it for the first few months. Fortunately, the quality games started to trickle in and now the Vita dominates my playtime outside of my PC.
However, once I'm finished with P4G and Assassin's Creed, I'm at a loss of what to play next which is the main sticking point of the Vita.

Yes, yes and yes. I love the damn thing. The screen is absolutely amazing, as is the entire hardware package. The retail games are fantastic, I love being able to collect trophies on the go, message friends playing other games and browse the store (all without tying up my main TV).

I waited to get one for $200 (white AC bundle), but I would have picked one up at launch if I had known how much I would have liked it. Throw in how good the PS+ package is for it as well, and it is a no brainer at this point.

I picked up one at AT&T during their promotion. 3G/Wifi for $199 with 2 free games. Games that they gave away weren't spectacular but free games are free. I have enjoyed the Playstation+ items so far and am looking forward to playing Silent Hill and Persona 4.

I like my vita as a system- it's got a nice heft to it, I actually rather like the big size. The screen clarity is great, I like that I can load a few videos and such onto it as a backup media device. I don't do much download gaming, so I don't like that game icons stay on the menu after the card is removed, and deleting said icon takes your save file with it... but the multiple menu screens make that an easy, if mildly annoying, thing to fix.

That said, I would've waited longer to buy it. I'm in the 'too few games' camp- see, when I think about putting together a new system library, I want exclusive content. I don't need something to download PSP games, I have a PSP for that. I don't need ports from other consoles, I probably already own the original. New installments in existing franchises are nice, but I really prefer new IP when I'm starting up a new collection... right now, my new IP collection consists of Gravity Rush. Kind of a downer. I still need to look into how much push is behind online co-op in Ragnarok Oddessey and Soul Sacrifice, hoping to get at least one of the two.

(It also doesn't help that every store I find seems to hate the vita... there's maybe 5 games available for it anytime I look. How are people supposed to get a feel for the system if no one's got the games?)

I'd say look into the games available online, and if you like what you see, go for it- it's a great lil' handheld and it could use some more attention.

I actually did buy the Vita again... I originally got one at launch, but after a quick burst of fun I was left with an empty feeling and did not see anything particularly interesting on the horizon. I sold my Vita before the PSone games and other releases became available. This past week I had the itch for another handheld and was going back and forth between the Vita and the 3DS XL. Ultimately, I choose the Vita again mostly because it has more of the style of games that I want to play and the upcoming games on the Vita interested me more.

bread's done
Back