GameStop Ad 12/26-12/29: 50% Extra Credit on Games; Double Credit on Systems

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
GameStop Ad 12/26-12/29: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/122612/pdf/olfsi_122612.pdf

6 pages of meh, but some highlights from the last 2 pages:

• B2G1 on any Pre-owned Wii or DS games p.7
  • Double In-Store Credit when you trade any system p.8
  • 50% Extra In-Store Credit for every game you trade p.8

I know this is usually litepink's thing (props), but I'm not about type out the whole ad when the .pdf is readily available. I wikified the thread if litepink or others would like to add other items of special interest.

Well, crap. Just traded my 3DS and PSP 3k in during their 50% offer. Figured double credit wouldn't happen since it said offer good until Jan 6. For those wondering, I got 50 base for 3DS and 25 for PSP.

[quote name='scorch62']Well, crap. Just traded my 3DS and PSP 3k in during their 50% offer. Figured double credit wouldn't happen since it said offer good until Jan 6. For those wondering, I got 50 base for 3DS and 25 for PSP.[/QUOTE]
There are people here who have said they had luck going to Gamestop and trying to get them to honor the double value on systems from a prior trade-in.

Probably going to be the best time to get rid of Dishonored since the TIV took a little bit of a dive at bestbuy because of the 100% (base $10+bonus $20 last week with 50% it was ~$23.50.) Thanks for the heads up OP.

Little confused by the writing. Double in store credit on systems...are you saying like 100% extra credit? Like if the system is worth 50 bucks you get 100 bucks? Probably stupid question, just the phrase is confusing me.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Little confused by the writing. Double in store credit on systems...are you saying like 100% extra credit? Like if the system is worth 50 bucks you get 100 bucks? Probably stupid question, just the phrase is confusing me.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Now the question is "How much will TIVs tank on Wednesday?"

I'm debating whether or not to trade in my 4GB 360 Slim since I picked up that R2D2 console last week. I would sell it on Craigslist, but I don't want to deal with idiots.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Little confused by the writing. Double in store credit on systems...are you saying like 100% extra credit? Like if the system is worth 50 bucks you get 100 bucks? Probably stupid question, just the phrase is confusing me.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's correct.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Bleh. Was hoping for an after Christmas B2G1 sale on more than just Nintendo stuff.[/QUOTE]

+4,000,000.

Wanted to buy Rage, to go with the new dlc that came out this week, and getting two other games wouldn't hurt.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Bleh. Was hoping for an after Christmas B2G1 sale on more than just Nintendo stuff.[/QUOTE]

Dangit, yea. I was gonna grab the mass effect series again, without having to buy the collection.

[quote name='scorch62']Well, crap. Just traded my 3DS and PSP 3k in during their 50% offer. Figured double credit wouldn't happen since it said offer good until Jan 6. For those wondering, I got 50 base for 3DS and 25 for PSP.[/QUOTE]

I sold my 3DS on Amazon for $130 when the GS base was $50. Even double credit doesn't come close. It was back when Best Buy had $160 3DSXL's, $30 trade-up :)

[quote name='dustdust']If I were to trade my Fat 360 for Steam Wallet Cards, would I get $65 + $65 (100%) + $19.50 (30%) = $149.50?[/QUOTE]
The bonuses don't stack.

[quote name='Lemstar']The bonuses don't stack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I gave a few stores a call..two had no clue what I was talking about and one said they don't stack.

Random question. I'm going to Canada for a few days and was wondering if they will have the same ads advertise? Does best buy in Canada share the same trade in value?

[quote name='TommyLove']Random question. I'm going to Canada for a few days and was wondering if they will have the same ads advertise? Does best buy in Canada share the same trade in value?[/QUOTE]

No Canada has different values and costs for items.

[quote name='Velo214']so i have 320 gig with a broken laser. do they check that? if its 100 base for 320, im gonna get 200? thats insane.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they do, my brother said they make sure the system can read and start a game.

[quote name='TommyLove']Random question. I'm going to Canada for a few days and was wondering if they will have the same ads advertise? Does best buy in Canada share the same trade in value?[/QUOTE]

Check the Canada Threads, because sometimes GS canada has better deals.

The pdf is not loading for me.

Is it b2g1 on just normal DS games? I was hoping to nab a few 3DS games and didn't know if it applied to those as well.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Does the paid Power Up card give the 10% on system values?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just games and I think accessories too.

Anyone know how much you get for a 250 GB PS3 super slim? Got it on black friday because I didn't have a ps3 and I was looking to get it for the ps3 exclusives. The fact that it came with 4 exclusive titles I was interested in and the blu ray player got me to buy it for 200 bucks, but now I kinda wish I had just bought a cheap 40-60 dollar blu ray player.

This came at a good time. I have some PS2 games that didn't sell during a lowball that I was looking to get rid of. Thanks, OP.

What the? This is the first time in almost 10 years that GS hasn't run a straight B2G1 after Christmas, as far as I can remember.

So much for all the credit I've been saving...

[quote name='KishPrime']What the? This is the first time in almost 10 years that GS hasn't run a straight B2G1 after Christmas, as far as I can remember.

So much for all the credit I've been saving...[/QUOTE]

You're right. Every year they open at like 7 or 8 am the day after Christmas and have a B2G1 sale on everything. I guess it's payback for having a few deals this season. I'm on the fence about unloading my original 3ds with physical Mario Kart for the XL with digital Mario Kart.

[quote name='BrolyB593']The pdf is not loading for me.

Is it b2g1 on just normal DS games? I was hoping to nab a few 3DS games and didn't know if it applied to those as well.[/QUOTE]
Regular DS games only. Fine print states "Offer not valid toward Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, or GameCube games."

Meh. Now I have to question my entire philosophy on asking for Gamestop gift cards for Christmas. The B2G1 post-Christmas was a perfect way to fill in my holes from the year.

[quote name='slowdive21']There will be a post x-mas b2g1 according to a manager I spoke with. He said it is pushed back, but it will happen.[/QUOTE]

I heard the same thing from my buddy (manager)

[quote name='Midnight Express']Does anyone know if I would get the 4GB trade-in value for a Gears of War Xbox 360 without the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Does the GOW 360 have internal memory? If not, I wonder if they would even take it without a hard drive.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah the Slim 360's sold w/prepackaged hard drive have no memory chip on them and have to be sold with the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about that. I was thinking about keeping the hard drive sine there only seems to be a few dollars difference in trade-in value between the 4GB and the 320GB, which seems odd as the hard drive sells for so much.

What do you need to trade in with the OG Fat 360? If it doesn't have internal memory? They will still take it without a hard drive?

[quote name='Midnight Express']Does anyone know if I would get the 4GB trade-in value for a Gears of War Xbox 360 without the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

I would just sell it. It's worth more than the trade-in value.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']What do you need to trade in with the OG Fat 360? If it doesn't have internal memory? They will still take it without a hard drive?[/QUOTE]

I traded one a few months ago with no hard drive. The rub is the required controller trade in; the whole thing was worth about the price of one new wireless controller.

bread's done
Back