Amazon Price-Match on Best Buy [$39.99 Deals]

Some of these prices are decent for new games but honestly does anyone not have a stack of stuff they got for 10 bucks? I have no reason to pay more than 10 dollars for anything until my backlog dies down.

[quote name='Blaster man']Some of these prices are decent for new games but honestly does anyone not have a stack of stuff they got for 10 bucks? I have no reason to pay more than 10 dollars for anything until my backlog dies down.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Madden 12 is 39.99? Yikes. ;)[/QUOTE]

I know... you would think they would MSRP those babies down to like $29.99 after Christmas (at least a week or so up to the Superbowl) to make them move!

[quote name='JMClarkent']I know... you would think they would MSRP those babies down to like $29.99 after Christmas (at least a week or so up to the Superbowl) to make them move![/QUOTE]

Sir, I do believe the joke went over your head ;)

[quote name='Blaster man']Some of these prices are decent for new games but honestly does anyone not have a stack of stuff they got for 10 bucks? I have no reason to pay more than 10 dollars for anything until my backlog dies down.[/QUOTE]

that's allot of peoples magic number now, 10. problem i have is i buy almost anything for $10 though.

I guess you're not into multiplayer.

[quote name='killthee']No Mass Effect trilogy price match? :([/QUOTE]

They just matched it. It says 59.99 on the list when you search but when you click on the game it goes to 39.99. May have to refresh a few times. The price was going back and forth for me but I got one.

[quote name='JiggleZ']They just matched it. It says 59.99 on the list when you search but when you click on the game it goes to 39.99. May have to refresh a few times. The price was going back and forth for me but I got one.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks man :D

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Unfortunately its a game so bad that even Activision couldn't pay game informer enough to give it a good review. It got a 3 out of 10, with a 45 minute or less single player "campaign".[/QUOTE]

45 minutes??!!??

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Unfortunately its a game so bad that even Activision couldn't pay game informer enough to give it a good review. It got a 3 out of 10, with a 45 minute or less single player "campaign".[/QUOTE]
I feel the reviews were trying to prove a point or something. It's a lot better than their last game, Resistance.

[quote name='shadowkast']45 minutes??!!??[/QUOTE]

The campaign is time and score attack based. So you can breeze through on easy in an hour or try on harder difficulties for leaderboard score and trophies.

The patch from last week has seemingly fixed all the multiplayer connectivity issues. I, having a lot of fun with that portion.

[quote name='dallow']It's a lot better than their last game, Resistance. [/QUOTE]

Ummm...I must have missed the part where Sony no longer publishes that and now Activision does.

[quote name='Kinggiddra']I was wondering... sorry for the dumb question... Does target price match amazon.com? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Target will have most of those games for the same price starting tomorrow.

FYI, on Far Cry 3, they are giving $10 off for any Amazon Prime Student accounts. Just use the code FC3AMZNS. Makes it $29.99.

Watch out folks, we have someone who believes in the conspiracy theory...

[quote name='oasisboy']Watch out folks, we have someone who believes in the conspiracy theory...[/QUOTE]

Nice troll, but my tongue in cheek comment was just pointing out the fact that even game informer thinks it's ass.

Not a sweet enough deal for me to jump. I think I'll just wait for Aliens: Colonial Marines in February before I buy another game. My backlog is large enough, and the person who said something about us having games from the $10 Black Friday deals is pretty much right. Not worth it for $39.99 to spend money for the sake of $10 to $20 in savings.

[quote name='Treyvalyn']FYI, on Far Cry 3, they are giving $10 off for any Amazon Prime Student accounts. Just use the code FC3AMZNS. Makes it $29.99.[/QUOTE]

This is still going on?

[quote name='aircobra']Ummm...I must have missed the part where Sony no longer publishes that and now Activision does.[/QUOTE]Same developer

[quote name='dallow']I feel the reviews were trying to prove a point or something. It's a lot better than their last game, Resistance.

The campaign is time and score attack based. So you can breeze through on easy in an hour or try on harder difficulties for leaderboard score and trophies.

The patch from last week has seemingly fixed all the multiplayer connectivity issues. I, having a lot of fun with that portion.[/QUOTE]

interesting, thought they were being sarcastic, guess not

[quote name='mftijeri']Yep it ends on the 31st so I jumped on it[/QUOTE]
Lol Nice, thanks for that you made my decision for me. Merry Christmas!

[quote name='aircobra']Ummm...I must have missed the part where Sony no longer publishes that and now Activision does.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='d8onausa']Same developer[/QUOTE]

Yup.

damn you Amazon. jacking up the price of Far Cry 3 when I was about to buy it. Why you matching BB price but not target for $39.99. Target runs the whole week not 12 hours.

Im glad i was able to get far cry 3 with the student discount. Is it necessary to have played far cry 2 before this one?

[quote name='lakers2008']damn you Amazon. jacking up the price of Far Cry 3 when I was about to buy it. Why you matching BB price but not target for $39.99. Target runs the whole week not 12 hours.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm pissed!!! Haha. I hope they drop it again tomorrow for a Target price match so I can nab it for $29.99.

[quote name='BR1CK']Im glad i was able to get far cry 3 with the student discount. Is it necessary to have played far cry 2 before this one?[/QUOTE]

No, they're completely different stories.

[quote name='Evolved']I guess you're not into multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Many kids whose first system was an xbox are used to multiplayer because thats all they know.

Ive been gaming for 26 years and (online) multiplayer has only played a part for the last 2 years for me. Many of us longtimers consider our best video game experiences to be single-player games.

Multiplayer is all about running around and shooting people over and over and over again. That kind of gameplay might be perfect for the ADD/ ADHD generation because it doesnt require an attention span longer than a goldfish's, but for people who have normal attention spans it just gets old.

You also have to deal with 10 year old dip$h!t$ saying they slept with your mother last night, along with hackers and campers.

Give me a single-player game with an interesting story and characters that elicit emotions, along with gameplay that keeps me engaged and I will buy it.....for $10.

[quote name='BR1CK']Im glad i was able to get far cry 3 with the student discount. Is it necessary to have played far cry 2 before this one?[/QUOTE]

What was the student discount? I looked at amazon to try to answer my own question first, but it doesnt really list actual benefits, it just says that there ARE benefits.

Was it a %off deal, or a $x off deal, or something else?

Im a student but I havent registered for a student email yet, and special discounts might motivate me to finally do it.

Edit: saw the $10 off on page 2 of this thread. Thats what I get for reading only the first and third page.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']Watch out folks, we have someone who believes in the conspiracy theory...[/QUOTE]

I took it as a joke at Game Informer's expense.

[quote name='briwas101']many kids whose first system was an xbox are used to multiplayer because thats all they know.

Ive been gaming for 26 years and (online) multiplayer has only played a part for the last 2 years for me. Many of us longtimers consider our best video game experiences to be single-player games.

Multiplayer is all about running around and shooting people over and over and over again. That kind of gameplay might be perfect for the add/ adhd generation because it doesnt require an attention span longer than a goldfish's, but for people who have normal attention spans it just gets old.

You also have to deal with 10 year old dip$h!t$ saying they slept with your mother last night, along with hackers and campers.

Give me a single-player game with an interesting story and characters that elicit emotions, along with gameplay that keeps me engaged and i will buy it....[/quote]
amen brother

bread's done
Back