Looking for a PC speaker set for my Macbook and PS3

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've been looking to get a new speaker set for my PS3/Macbook Pro setup. It's kind of a small setup.

Currently I am using a Altec Lansing ADA995 THX 5.1 speaker set. I know what you're thinking... why get rid of such an awesome system?!

Well I'm looking to get a speaker set that won't take as much space... or speaker set with a small subwoofer, and have the same or better quality than what I already have. I'm looking to get either a 5.1 or 2.1 system.

What do you guys suggest? I was thinking maybe a Logitech since it would fit with my Dinovo Edge keyboard.

Also incase if anyone was wondering how I get 5.1 with my PS3 with the ADA995, I have a Creative Extigy Sound Blaster.

Thanks and happy holidays!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I have these ones from Creative http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S14DYO/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00 and I really like them. Really great sound, and surprisingly good bass for speakers without a dedicated sub.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer something with pretty good bass. Perhaps as good as my ADA995 set.

As for the Logitech 2.1, I noticed it's a bit cheap. It's probably not as good as my X-530 or X-540 sets, which of have sitting in my closet, waiting to be sold on Craigslist.

Logitech Speaker System Z623
200 watts of room-filling power
Quick-access RCA and 3.5mm inputs for up to three audio devices
On-speaker volume and bass dials give you instant command over your listening experience

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
3.5mm stereo audio connection
Power Rating (Subwoofer): 20 watts RMS per channel
Touch controls for volume and mute
Controls on subwoofer: Bass Level, Power, Controls on satellites (specify channel): Volume
Inspiring Industrial Design

[quote name='lydon']I had a logitech 2.1 that was great, but I think they no longer make it. BUt yeah! Go with Logitech.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

How do you think Logitech Speaker System Z623
200 watts of room-filling power
Quick-access RCA and 3.5mm inputs for up to three audio devices
On-speaker volume and bass dials give you instant command over your listening experience

[quote name='katty1166']For 2.1 system, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III also meet your requirements[/QUOTE]

I second the recommendation.

bread's done
Back