Amazon.ca - XCOM Enemy Unknown - $39.99

Best played on PC where it can be gotten cheaper from GreenManGaming but I'm sure the console version is no slouch either. One of the best games of the year no matter which system you play it on. An absolute joy to play, very atmospheric and tense with permanent consequences.

[quote name='CoachHines']Best played on PC where it can be gotten cheaper from GreenManGaming but I'm sure the console version is no slouch either. One of the best games of the year no matter which system you play it on. An absolute joy to play, very atmospheric and tense with permanent consequences.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't necessarily agree about the "best played on PC" (although cheaper is better!). I thought the same thing since I grew up playing the original. It seemed sacrilegious to play it on anything but, but I gameaccessed the console version when it released just to see if this remake was worthwhile. I thought the console controls were done perfectly, but I still bought it on steam (for full price. :/). Now I'm so used to the console controls, the mouse controls feel weird.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I wouldn't necessarily agree about the "best played on PC" (although cheaper is better!). I thought the same thing since I grew up playing the original. It seemed sacrilegious to play it on anything but, but I gameaccessed the console version when it released just to see if this remake was worthwhile. I thought the console controls were done perfectly, but I still bought it on steam (for full price. :/). Now I'm so used to the console controls, the mouse controls feel weird.[/QUOTE]

If you plug in a controller it'll switch the whole interface over to the X360 one. The PC interface has a lot of bugs in multiplayer most people find.

[quote name='V1cT']If you plug in a controller it'll switch the whole interface over to the X360 one. The PC interface has a lot of bugs in multiplayer most people find.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've been waiting to see if I could get the Microsoft windows xbox controller on sale but I finally gave up and bought one today. Gonna get my laptop set up on the tv and finally dig into some steam games.

bread's done
Back