Akai Katana 9.99$ at inetvideo.ca

[quote name='Derfel']They have Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

That is true. However it's been 10$ since this summer, and I wouldn't recommend this RPG to my worst enemy. Very disappointing.

Nice! They have other things that make going for $39 worthwhile too. Like Otomedius for $10 and the SE for $14, if you need em.

[quote name='ragnar14']Nice! They have other things that make going for $39 worthwhile too. Like Otomedius for $10 and the SE for $14, if you need em.[/QUOTE]

grr paid so much for otomedius

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']grr paid so much for otomedius[/QUOTE]

Haha, so did I. I preordered off Amazon cause there was an odd chance their cheaper preorder was the SE, which it wasn't. I shrugged it off and bought the SE from EB, and kept both full retail price copies. I haven't opened either yet... Now I bit on another SE at this price, just cause :bouncy:

Thanks very much for posting this! I waffled yesterday on Akai Katana at VGP, but snatched up a copy from inetvideo immediately. No resisting at that price :)

Just got an email back from their customer service, they'll have the SE back in stock this week-end. I asked if they can place 2 copies aside for me and they did!
It has a trade-in value of $15 at EB. Mwaha ha

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']I asked if they can place 2 copies aside for me and they did![/QUOTE]
[quote name='cheapassgameseaker'] It has a trade-in value of $15 at EB. Mwaha ha[/QUOTE]

You'd really take that to make $1, that's just pathetic.

Edit: If you're going to just hawk it, dump it onto Goozex. You'll get almost enough points for a new retail game.
http://www.goozex.com/trading/games/274622-Otomedius_Excellent_Special_Edition-Xbox_360

[quote name='ragnar14']You'd really take that to make $1, that's just pathetic.

Edit: If you're going to just hawk it, dump it onto Goozex. You'll get almost enough points for a new retail game.
http://www.goozex.com/trading/games/274622-Otomedius_Excellent_Special_Edition-Xbox_360[/QUOTE]

It wasn't to make a buck.

I'll be using it at EB.
They have a trade-in 2 items worth $15 and get any pre-order worth $60.
So it'll be bumped to $30. :lol:

And I'm still not into GE, great service but it doesn't suit my needs.

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']
So it'll be bumped to $30. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's still pathetic. I didn't bring up Goozex because you'd make more money. I brought it up because sharing with the community would at least make you better than a filthy horder.

Really, you're buying multiples of a low stock good deal that people want to play, for profit. That makes you an asshole, you know?

[quote name='ragnar14']That's still pathetic. I didn't bring up Goozex because you'd make more money. I brought it up because sharing with the community would at least make you better than a filthy horder.

Really, you're buying multiples of a low stock good deal that people want to play, for profit. That makes you an asshole, you know?[/QUOTE]

Ragnar really? Most people who are remotely interested in Otomedius would have already bought it.

Also, i just added 38 units in my cart of the regular edition just to see how many they have.
They wouldn't have given me 2 copies if they're not having a shit load coming back in stock of the SE.

And if being pathetic and an asshole for looking for the best possible deals, then that's half the people at cheapASS gamer!

Enjoy!

[quote name='ragnar14']Haha, so did I. I preordered off Amazon cause there was an odd chance their cheaper preorder was the SE, which it wasn't. I shrugged it off and bought the SE from EB, and kept both full retail price copies. I haven't opened either yet... Now I bit on another SE at this price, just cause :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You yourself have bought 3 copies.... lol

[quote name='jeffx']I'm just glad people are moving these Akai Katana / Otomedius units, couldn't care less what you do with them ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

I even got 2 Akai Katana and i was able to add 99 in my cart which means iNetVideo has tons of them.

I'm thinking of getting Assassin's Creed 3 - Limited Edition for $100, that's the cheapest I've seen it go for in Canda at least.
http://find.inetvideo.ca/search?w=assassins creed

Has anyone seen it for less...

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']Just got an email back from their customer service, they'll have the SE back in stock this week-end. I asked if they can place 2 copies aside for me and they did!
It has a trade-in value of $15 at EB. Mwaha ha[/QUOTE]

Thats not really a good deal at all. You can do much better. Huh.

Thanks TC. I picked up a copy of Akai Katana and El Shaddai which I've wanted to play for some time now, 15$ was just low enough for me to take the plunge.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Thats not really a good deal at all. You can do much better. Huh.[/QUOTE]

I later said "I'll be using it at EB.
So it'll be bumped to $30. "

I just hope i get it in time while this promo lasts.
With the holiday season, i'm wondering when will my package ship...

I bought from iNetVideo before and it usually takes a good 4-7 business days even if they're from Canada.

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']I later said "I'll be using it at EB.

I bought from iNetVideo before and it usually takes a good 4-7 business days even if they're from Canada.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, this is not a good deal for trade. You're doing something wrong.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']That's what I said, this is not a good deal for trade. You're doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think YOU are doing something wrong. Getting $60 trade credit for two $13 games? That's a win in my book. Learn some math.

[quote name='Nukkus']I think YOU are doing something wrong. Getting $60 trade credit for two $13 games? That's a win in my book. Learn some math.[/QUOTE]

Excatly what I'm talking about. it's pretty simple math.

14+14 = $28 with Trade-in = $60...

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']I later said "I'll be using it at EB.

I bought from iNetVideo before and it usually takes a good 4-7 business days even if they're from Canada.[/QUOTE]

My order of 2 x Akai Katana and 2 x Otomedius SE was shipped today.
I wonder how much time it's going to take...

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']My order of 2 x Akai Katana and 2 x Otomedius SE was shipped today.
I wonder how much time it's going to take...[/QUOTE]

I'd guess about a week.

Every time I see Akai Katana (granted, it isn't often) I read, "Daikatana." After mis-reading this title, I did a massive double take wondering who in their right mind would pay 9.99 for daikatana.

Never mind me. Carry on as you were.

[quote name='guinaevere']Every time I see Akai Katana (granted, it isn't often) I read, "Daikatana." After mis-reading this title, I did a massive double take wondering who in their right mind would pay 9.99 for daikatana.

Never mind me. Carry on as you were.[/QUOTE]

isn't this the really ugly, extremely bugged, awful graphics and broken (did i describe it well) N64 game?

And yeah no one would pay 9.99 for that game.

But Akai Katana's a whole other story.

I was able to pick up Otomedius Excellent SE. Thanks for the heads up!
I just wish that I had waited until today so I could have placed a larger order with free shipping :(

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I was able to pick up Otomedius Excellent SE. Thanks for the heads up!
I just wish that I had waited until today so I could have placed a larger order with free shipping :([/QUOTE]

It's all good, they rarely if ever have Free Shipping.
But by accident I was at work and decided to check my email and then i found the newsletter with the coupon code.

I wonder if it still works today.

[quote name='cheapassgameseaker']Did anyone get their order yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ragnar14']Yup, my stuff showed up today. They gave me boxed shipping too, nice :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nukkus']Mine arrived today, such a good game

I just saw the code FALLDEAL will apparently give 5% off a $35+ purchase. I'm going to order a few (otomedius SE, NeverDead, etc.) and let you know what gives me the best savings!!

EDIT: The code is expired, but FREESHIPJAN worked for me. I just had to add a DVD to the order (grabbed Inu Yasha box set vol.1 for my gf :3) to make it reach the $43 min total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what's so good about Otomedius Excellent (seems to have really bad reviews), but I saw a dozen of them for $10 at the Walmart bargain bin at Scarborough Town Centre.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']Not sure what's so good about Otomedius Excellent (seems to have really bad reviews), but I saw a dozen of them for $10 at the Walmart bargain bin at Scarborough Town Centre.[/QUOTE]

People don't expect to pay more than $10-20 for shumps without added content (story, vs. , challenge, time trial, etc) to the base game. Reviews are usually made for the majority and not meant to inform the niche audience that it's meant for.

If a game gets rly low review score on metacritic, make sure to take a look at the user reviews to get a better idea of what a game has to offer.

bread's done
Back