Amazon Android 15 apps free today (games included) [DEAD]

Whoah. I couldn't live without Splashtop. If anyone doesn't have it, get it. Saved my butt plenty of times when I needed to access my PC but wasn't at home.

[quote name='Motoki']Whoah. I couldn't live without Splashtop. If anyone doesn't have it, get it. Saved my butt plenty of times when I needed to access my PC but wasn't at home.[/QUOTE]Have to second this. Great app, very useful to have, especially with the host PC application being free.

Picked up the office and moon one. I bought tune in radio pro...works excellent...only bad thing is sometimes stations don't update often (esp dead local ones).

Android newb here, my wife has an android phone, how would I get these on her phone? Would I just attach the phone via usb to the computer then buy them? Or do I download a .apk I can then transfer over via the micro-sd card?

[quote name='jthieme']Android newb here, my wife has an android phone, how would I get these on her phone? Would I just attach the phone via usb to the computer then buy them? Or do I download a .apk I can then transfer over via the micro-sd card?[/QUOTE]

This will tell you how to do it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391

In a nutshell, Amazon has their own App store like Google's but separate. One you get that all going you can also grab apps from amazon.com on the web.

[quote name='Motoki']This will tell you how to do it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391

In a nutshell, Amazon has their own App store like Google's but separate. One you get that all going you can also grab apps from amazon.com on the web.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, can you later remove the amazon app and still keep the free apps you installed through it? Or is it like a steam thing where you always to have to have the app and be signed in to your account to use the other apps? The reason being is that I woudln't want to have my amazon account (with my billing info) active on my wifes phone or on any portable device that could be stolen for that matter.

Is anyone having luck with the TuneIn Radio app with the local stations? I don't really care about the online stations, I just wanted local radio on my phone but none of the stations work and it keeps auto changing it to some London station.

Also, for those who are excited about Splashtop, I'd give TeamViewer a try. I've been using that app to access my computer and I tried Splashtop just to compare and I don't like it as much. TeamViewer is also free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jthieme']Thanks, can you later remove the amazon app and still keep the free apps you installed through it? Or is it like a steam thing where you always to have to have the app and be signed in to your account to use the other apps? The reason being is that I woudln't want to have my amazon account (with my billing info) active on my wifes phone or on any portable device that could be stolen for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Some of the apps I have tried do seem to be dependent on the Amazon store. I don't know if they all are but several I tested wouldn't work with the Amazon app store installed.

Since these apps in this promotion are free you could always setup a new Amazon account and tie it to that. I don't *think* you'll be forced to enter in credit card info just for making a free purchase but not 100% sure on that.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is anyone having luck with the TuneIn Radio app with the local stations? I don't really care about the online stations, I just wanted local radio on my phone but none of the stations work and it keeps auto changing it to some London station.

Also, for those who are excited about Splashtop, I'd give TeamViewer a try. I've been using that app to access my computer and I tried Splashtop just to compare and I don't like it as much. TeamViewer is also free.[/QUOTE]

If you want local stations I suggest I Heart Radio.
My favorite radio app cause I can listen to radio stations back in New York City like elvis duran.
I love tune in for kpop and UK stations.
Thx OP, great apps for my kindle

[quote name='fifamaniac']Not typing the all out officesuite i think is the best one though![/QUOTE]

you cant go wrong with call atlantis

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is anyone having luck with the TuneIn Radio app with the local stations? I don't really care about the online stations, I just wanted local radio on my phone but none of the stations work and it keeps auto changing it to some London station.[/QUOTE]

I've used Tune in for years, no problem with local stations. Grabbed the pro version for free, works great.

Love having Amazon apps on my Nexus 7. :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Have to second this. Great app, very useful to have, especially with the host PC application being free.[/QUOTE]

For the PC remote applications like splashapp and teamviewer, does the PC need to be on all the time (active) or can it be on "sleep" and reactivated from my kindle through wifi.

I got most of them from the app of the day giveaways in the past but I'm looking at this promo today and everything seems to cost money.. nothing is free. :whistle2:# Do I have to download them and then it'll tell me it was free?

I think it's dead. As I said when I clicked I could have swore they were all free, I had to do something and then login (forgot my password) and they all had a price.

Yeah these are no longer free despite the original add saying they are available through the 31st of December. I accidentally bought one and had to call Amazon for a refund. They were "experiencing higher than usual call volume" and they had an automated message apologizing for certain apps charging people when they shouldn't.

Maybe this is an error that will get fixed and these will be free again soon, but steer clear for now if you want them for free.

[quote name='IamTylerDurden']I like that I can download amazon app store then uninstall once I have the apps. Already got too much amazon bloatware on this phone.[/QUOTE]

Every once and a while, it'll tell me to log onto the amazon app to register phone. Happens when I try to launch an app I got from Amazon and then it won't load it up at all. Not sure how it gets removed but that has happened a few times.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Every once and a while, it'll tell me to log onto the amazon app to register phone. Happens when I try to launch an app I got from Amazon and then it won't load it up at all. Not sure how it gets removed but that has happened a few times.[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me on a Samsung tablet.

[quote name='affa']darn. waited a couple days to do this, and it's dead. BOO.

ps -- still dead.[/QUOTE]

Super dead, was dead on same day it went live :cry:

bread's done
Back