TMNT Complete Classic DVD Set $49.99 at Barnes & Noble

Got it for $45 over thanksgiving weekend. I gave it to my kids for Christmas and it is still sitting unopened under the tree.

I also got this set over Thanksgiving weekend for $46.xx using a coupon code. It is an excellent looking, very cool set, but yes- it doesn't have any cases for the individual disks. I don't think it's a problem when it's sitting on your shelf at home, but it may be an issue when the set is shipped to you. Just be sure to open it up when it arrives and make sure the discs look ok.

This is one of those sets that seems cool to have but there is no way I'm really going to sit and watch all of this show again.

[quote name='ZForce915']This is one of those sets that seems cool to have but there is no way I'm really going to sit and watch all of this show again.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, I was one to grab this over BF weekend with the coupon. Wasn't going to watch them myself, but thought I'd force my kid to watch all 23 discs to justify the purchase, he made it thru the first one, no urge to continue..IDK, he seemed to think it was cool at first..

My 2 year old likes watching the Nick version with me, so I'm wanting to buy this to watch for myself, and maybe to introduce him to some classic TMNT... Although your story doesn't bode well for my excuse for buying it. :lol:

Just wanted to say thanks OP. I have been looking at this set since it came out. I didnt want to spend the $80-$100 amazon and Best Buy wanted for it. But at $50 for 23 disks I had to get it. Thanks again. I love this site.

[quote name='HydroX']My 2 year old likes watching the Nick version with me, so I'm wanting to buy this to watch for myself, and maybe to introduce him to some classic TMNT... Although your story doesn't bode well for my excuse for buying it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

ahh, no worries man, 2 year olds are into almost anything you put in front of them. I think for my kid he just got into the Christmas spirit a little hardcore and was watching a lot of films along that line..and Power Rangers, ALOT of Power Rangers..

And trust me, having this set is totally worth it, very nice to display and a good conversation piece whenever your buddies come over. Totally nostalgia worthy.

I absolutely loved this show back in the old days. Had a crap ton of toys, had the blimp, had everything. Then I saw the first movie and loved it so much I couldn't really watch my old VHS tapes again. I started collecting this series when it first came out but I could not make it past Season 2 at all.

Hopefully Paramount will release the 4Kids show in season sets soon. All I need are Seasons 3 and 4.

Yep, tried watching the show again a few years ago and the cadence they speak in (exaggerating their speaking as if talking down to a child instead of just talking like normal) gives me a head ache so I could only watch 2 or so episodes at a time.

[quote name='doodmandood']I hate the box. Hate, hate, hate it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I grabbed this off Amazon preorder for 70 last month. The van case is a real piece of shit. The discs sit individually exposed on a molded piece of foam. The top half of the van sits loosely on top & doesn't lock in place. If you buy this, you best throw a rubberband or 2 around it. :headache:

The box is what is stopping me from getting this. That and I don't want this to be like other shows I saw as a kid and me hate it now that I'm an adult.

The box is awesome! It's not protective of the disks, but it's very similar in appearance to the actual action figure Turtle Van I had as a kid!

Come on Amazon price match. Not for me, but know someone who wants this badly who has a birthday coming up.

I'll probably bite on this too when they eventually put it in a regular box.

[quote name='Psychonik']They did a crazy pizza box for the movies what did you expect?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was four season 4, the longest season.

Well after getting an estimated shipping date of Jan,17th initially. I got an email saying mine shipped today. I got a giftcard for bn at christmas so this was perfect for me.

I ended up having to cancel mine, had a surprise expense pop up. Those are always fun.

Now it looks like its unavailable, so I guess I missed out again. Must not be meant to be. :\

Makes me glad that I have the entire separate seasons/volumes as they were released. Takes up an entire row on my DVD shelf, but it's ok. I wonder if I could find just that case thing for collector purposes somewhere(besides eBay).

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Didn't realize this was becoming rare... picked it up last year for just under 20$ new... :/[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. It's out of production and they just released a triple feature Blu-ray a month or two ago of the first three TMNT movies (not the four movies as the 2007 TMNT movie as it had its own Blu-ray release a long while back) and they're also releasing the first three movies as individual Blu-rays.

The discs are the same exact discs with the same exact content that was in the 25th Anniversary Film Collection, so they're very much bare bones. Unless you're a TMNT collector or fan, go for the triple feature and find the 2007 movie for cheap somewhere.

(I recommend the 2007 movie if you are a TMNT fan at all. It's nothing groundbreaking nor is it a great film by any means, but it's definitely a film that a TMNT fan can appreciate.)

bread's done
Back