Contest for Borderlands 2 Torgue DLC that was free via FB

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
original contest
So like some people I got in on the free Torgue DLC via facebook. I ended up telling a few friends and then there was a whole debate in the thread about people hoarding keys and reselling on ebay. I understand why people do this, I've done it in the past with preorder keys and CE keys. But I also understand why people get upset about people hoarding as that's one less person who can get one.

My friend ended up hoarding quite a few. I couldn't convince him to give them all away, which I guess is fine since they are technically his. He gave me half of them.

I can't guarantee that these are unused because I did not get them originally, so please do not harm the messenger. But I do not think he would give me used keys.

There will be two PSN codes (One of these is from me) and 5 Xbox 360 codes.

The contest will be as follows. This will be for people that own the game on either 360 of PS3 as I want to give them to people that can use them and I feel by having people do some work only those who want the DLC for themselves will enter.

1. Be a member of CAG for at least two months or have at least one positive feedback.

2. Post a picture of your "best" or most unique Borderlands 2 item. I'll do a reverse image search of the winners to see if its unique and not one you got from somewhere else.

3. Post a link or screenshot that shows you have at least one trophy or achievement in Borderlands 2. If you have one related to the Torgue DLC then that eliminates you.

4. Once there are 20 entries I'll select 7 at random (via http://www.aschool.us/moodle-scripts/random-name.php). One entry per user.

The winners will get the platform that they posted achievement or trophies for. I will make sure only 2 winners are PS3 and 5 are Xbox 360. Once two PS3 or five 360 users are selected I'll remove the rest from the pool. I dont want people to have a key that they can't redeem immediately as I am not 100% these are valid. I'll send the keys out in the order they are won.

If 20 is too many I'll modify the contest so that it actually ends in the relatively near future. 7/20 is pretty good odds though.

Winners!
1. 81ols
2. my2k2zx2
3. GraveRobberX ps3
4. _akuma ps3
5. iknowlondon ps3
6. PrinnyJ
7. JarrettLeMieux+

Three PS3 codes were drawn so iknowlondon, you'll get a 360 code. Sorry, hopefully you can trade it perhaps for a PS3 one.

Thanks for entering, I hope some cags will get some use out of these codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing this from my phone, so hopefully it works.

Just got this weapon, and even without a scope it just dominates with it's incredible critical hit damage.

46B53A98-DBCF-42CE-A6CD-18D13A790385-6275-000006FCA4355459.jpg

I don't know exactly how to link my achievements but you can look me up, gamertag is JayJayEl.

5DE9CF01-1A90-4C80-9817-9F93E231CD9A-6275-000006FCAD6DA394.jpg

Obviously I'm on 360. Thanks for the contest, and good luck to all!

anyone who hoards and sells codes are asshats.. naturally. SOOO many people missed out of that because those selfish idiots.. me and my brother being 2 of them. we Purchased borderlands 2 on PC for a decent price during one of the steam sales. i was excited to get some free DLC.. and what do you know.. by the time i got to the code page they were all out... Pissed me off like crazy. then i saw people on here mentioning they were for sale on ebay and then was just disappointed in humanity. this is what greed has come to. even with something so little as a few bucks for a FREE code.. which made me come to the realization that people are assholes..... again.. but at this point, i cannot post such things. seeing as every time i have a reason to look up, my BRAND NEW un-used computer is still at the repair shop. due to a stupid "cpu initialization error" that came with both of our motherboards straight out of the box.. Thank you ASROCK... appreciate that.. so yes... in the end i don't think some free DLC was too much to ask for..... oh wait... it's still not the end. after months i still don't have my computer... yaaaaay.. so yes... pleas make sure to tell your friend he is a tool for being one of the people who ruined it for many others. -.- rant over. do have a nice night. :) sorry for being annoying.. haha -.-

[quote name='Wolfen2k7']anyone who hoards and sells codes are asshats.. naturally. SOOO many people missed out of that because those selfish idiots.. me and my brother being 2 of them. we Purchased borderlands 2 on PC for a decent price during one of the steam sales. i was excited to get some free DLC.. and what do you know.. by the time i got to the code page they were all out... Pissed me off like crazy. then i saw people on here mentioning they were for sale on ebay and then was just disappointed in humanity. this is what greed has come to. even with something so little as a few bucks for a FREE code.. which made me come to the realization that people are assholes..... again.. but at this point, i cannot post such things. seeing as every time i have a reason to look up, my BRAND NEW un-used computer is still at the repair shop. due to a stupid "cpu initialization error" that came with both of our motherboards straight out of the box.. Thank you ASROCK... appreciate that.. so yes... in the end i don't think some free DLC was too much to ask for..... oh wait... it's still not the end. after months i still don't have my computer... yaaaaay.. so yes... pleas make sure to tell your friend he is a tool for being one of the people who ruined it for many others. -.- rant over. do have a nice night. :) sorry for being annoying.. haha -.-[/QUOTE]

Somebody call the whambulance; we have a cleanup in aisle 7.

[quote name='Wolfen2k7']anyone who hoards and sells codes are asshats.. naturally. SOOO many people missed out of that because those selfish idiots.. me and my brother being 2 of them. we Purchased borderlands 2 on PC for a decent price during one of the steam sales. i was excited to get some free DLC.. and what do you know.. by the time i got to the code page they were all out... Pissed me off like crazy. then i saw people on here mentioning they were for sale on ebay and then was just disappointed in humanity. this is what greed has come to. even with something so little as a few bucks for a FREE code.. which made me come to the realization that people are assholes..... again.. but at this point, i cannot post such things. seeing as every time i have a reason to look up, my BRAND NEW un-used computer is still at the repair shop. due to a stupid "cpu initialization error" that came with both of our motherboards straight out of the box.. Thank you ASROCK... appreciate that.. so yes... in the end i don't think some free DLC was too much to ask for..... oh wait... it's still not the end. after months i still don't have my computer... yaaaaay.. so yes... pleas make sure to tell your friend he is a tool for being one of the people who ruined it for many others. -.- rant over. do have a nice night. :) sorry for being annoying.. haha -.-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree it is a lot to ask for, but I believe Borderlands 2 has an in-game code system, they're probably those type of codes, so you can't redeem it without going through the game.

I also agree his friend is a bit of a dick, and anyone else who hoarded them like that, I'm ok with it if you took a few to give to friends, but to hoard for trading or selling, dick move.

I dont have the game so I'm not going to enter, I plan on getting it when GOTY Edition is out so I wont need the code anyway.

Achievements (360, obviously)
bqCqz.jpg
A couple of my better weapons. I'm still fairly low-level, so nothing too great.
QwFHB.jpg
sBfDN.jpg
Hopefully, I'll get lucky and win one of the codes. Thanks for the contest.

[quote name='JaredFrost']Yeah, I agree it is a lot to ask for, but I believe Borderlands 2 has an in-game code system, they're probably those type of codes, so you can't redeem it without going through the game.[/QUOTE]

I got 1 of the codes and I DON'T currently have the game.

Going thru the normal 'Redeem Code' screen from the Xbox dashboard, it does allow you to download the TORGUE DLC. Game disc not required. Of course, you need to game to actually play it.

SHiFT codes use the in-game code system.

[quote name='_akuma']Somebody call the whambulance; we have a cleanup in aisle 7.[/QUOTE]

indeed. fact is... peoples shouldn't hoard stuff. It ruins it for other people. perhaps if they thought about others a bit more, the world could be a slightly better place.. :roll: like that will ever happen. just gets worse and worse from here on in. :cool:

Hey man I got the game as a gift but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. Is it possible that I open it up, play for a couple of minutes maybe get an easy achievement and post a pic of a not particularly rare weapon, and you count me in?
I'm asking this because I have important exams in a few days and I really shouldn't be playing anything for at least 2 weeks, and I really want this DLC. Thanks.

[quote name='Wolfen2k7']indeed. fact is... peoples shouldn't hoard stuff. It ruins it for other people. perhaps if they thought about others a bit more, the world could be a slightly better place.. :roll: like that will ever happen. just gets worse and worse from here on in. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You weren't around when they were giving out free stuff. Big f*cking deal. You missed out on $10 worth of free stuff (or if you bought season pass now, then $5). Your life is not going to end. If you had gotten this DLC as free, you would either have to spend $30 more dollars on the other three DLCs individually or spend $30 to get the season pass since you like this game so much.

Do you really think you are going to change millions of people who try to get more than one code? CAG isn't the only place where this deal is posted. Stop whining about free sh!t that you missed.

[quote name='_akuma']You weren't around when they were giving out free stuff. Big f*cking deal. You missed out on $10 worth of free stuff (or if you bought season pass now, then $5). Your life is not going to end. If you had gotten this DLC as free, you would either have to spend $30 more dollars on the other three DLCs individually or spend $30 to get the season pass since you like this game so much.

Do you really think you are going to change millions of people who try to get more than one code? CAG isn't the only place where this deal is posted. Stop whining about free sh!t that you missed.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking to you now was I? I'd appreciate it if you do not needlessly insert yourself into a conversation and let the people addressed reply. Or you can keep on ranting and look like a moron with an anger management problem, I couldn't care less really.

PSN Code Please!

MgYkfl.jpg

My baby!. Saved my ass from level 51 Raging or Ultimate Bad Ass Goliath(s) many a times

To show I don't have DLC:

AnqT9l.jpg

I'm 2 Trophies away from Platinum, so this DLC would extend my Play with BL2
(Need to Phaselock 50 more enemies and get Jenkins to pop for final Challenge to get Gold trophy to get me my Plat >_

[quote name='_akuma']You weren't around when they were giving out free stuff. Big f*cking deal. You missed out on $10 worth of free stuff (or if you bought season pass now, then $5). Your life is not going to end. If you had gotten this DLC as free, you would either have to spend $30 more dollars on the other three DLCs individually or spend $30 to get the season pass since you like this game so much.

Do you really think you are going to change millions of people who try to get more than one code? CAG isn't the only place where this deal is posted. Stop whining about free sh!t that you missed.[/QUOTE]

I was ranting. that's all. lol I'm not trying to make a big deal out of anything. I was there when there were codes left. I went to the pc thing while it said however many codes were left. I click on it and do what needs done. and they are all gone. I'm sure it was the same for dozens of people. if those people didn't hoard them the people who barely missed would have gotten their codes. that is all i am getting at. -.- my goodness.

I didn't even know about the Facebook promo until it was over, so this is a good chance for me! Thanks OP.

Pic of achievements (so far):
bl2achieves_zps8f7ae7dc.jpg

The closest thing to a unique, good gun I have right now (and obvious show that I haven't had much time to play :D):
bl2weapon_zpsf5485af1.jpg

[quote name='BrokenSword']Hey man I got the game as a gift but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. Is it possible that I open it up, play for a couple of minutes maybe get an easy achievement and post a pic of a not particularly rare weapon, and you count me in?
I'm asking this because I have important exams in a few days and I really shouldn't be playing anything for at least 2 weeks, and I really want this DLC. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter to me as long as it follows the rules that others did. Just want to be fair. Your best might be something lvl 2 and the first achievement. I just want to know you have the game.

[quote name='PetersHere']That's really asking a lot for a free code...[/QUOTE]

It is, but I want to give these to some cags that can actually use them. If they sell or trade them still after proving they have the game, whatever, I did what I can. The DLC costs $10 (maybe $5-6 on ebay :lol:) so I feel giving $70 worth of codes warrants a little work.

[quote name='JaredFrost']Yeah, I agree it is a lot to ask for, but I believe Borderlands 2 has an in-game code system, they're probably those type of codes, so you can't redeem it without going through the game. [/QUOTE]

The codes are just normal platform specific codes which is why I want to make sure people that have the game use them.

I'm going to leave this up for another 24 hours or so, seems like there are 7 submissions so far. I'll post when I collect the names so until then you can submit, that will end it. Ending this sooner seems like the best so people can actually use the DLC. 20 might have been too much to ask. If more than 20 submit by the time I end it though, I'll choose from the first 20 that posted to keep it fair to the odds I advertised.

Sorry if anyone was deterred by the work involved in the contest. With all the talk of hoarders on here and everywhere I wanted to make it as fair as I could so that only those who will use the prizes will get them. I hope people that entered and win codes will be thankful for that.

For the winners I'll throw out the whole only 2 PS3 and 5 360 winners part. You'll get first choice based on what order you won in. Don't want to exclude someone who only wants PS3 if the first two winners are for PS3. That way maybe they can trade it for their platform.

On Xbox
IMAG0436_zps4cd94397.jpg

Neat little gun I found on Saturn yesterday, with all either Maliwan or Hyperion parts. All right, got photobucket to load
IMAG0437_zps6fbb3d19.jpg

Crossing fingers

@BrokenSword, lol

OK, I'll end it now. A bit later than what I said, but the odds are still pretty good for those who entered.

I'll post/pm the winners in order.

First winner was 81ols

I'm pming people in order since I'm 100% sure all the codes are unused. That way If there are only, for example 5 usable codes, the people there won't be someone who is left out. So technically there might be less than 7 winner total. Once people pm me that it redeemed ok I'll pm the next winner.

Have all the winners been picked or are you drawing them separately? I know you want to notify them one at a time in case a code doesn't work, but that could be days depending on how long it takes people to respond to PMs. It would be nice to know who all the winners are in advance, so that those people know to check their PMs.

[quote name='bugeater']Have all the winners been picked or are you drawing them separately? I know you want to notify them one at a time in case a code doesn't work, but that could be days depending on how long it takes people to respond to PMs. It would be nice to know who all the winners are in advance, so that those people know to check their PMs.[/QUOTE]

Yea this is a good idea. You could make a new post with the winners and edit the first post as well.

I'll add the winners to the OP, but I was hesitant to do this since the there was a chance the last person(s) might not get a code if any didn't work. Didn't want to get anyone's hopes up.

I'm #7 woot! Hopefully everybody else's codes work, and nobody lies so they can get another one lol. Thanks for the contest!

[quote name='JarrettLeMieux']I'm #7 woot! Hopefully everybody else's codes work, and nobody lies so they can get another one lol. Thanks for the contest![/QUOTE]

Everyone so far has said they worked, 4 people.

Darn. Just my luck to come up short even though the winning odds were great. Oh well, if anyone has an extra code or if the PS3 winner with the 360 code is feeling generous, I'd be grateful. Thanks for the opportunity.

bread's done
Back