Funimation Amazon Blu-Ray sell till Jan 31st

[quote name='DNukem170']$72 for C Control. Yeesh.[/QUOTE]

Third-party seller, though

Anyway, I'm glad it's lasting till the end of next month. It'll give me plenty of time to save up to get the two Hellsing sets (assuming they stay in stock). I'd get 'em now, but I gotta save my money up for the textbooks I'll have to get for next semester :(

[quote name='Jommy']Eva 2.22 will never drop below the $17 dollar range![/QUOTE]

According to blu-ray.com it dropped to $14.99 around October of last year.

Grabbed Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 when the sale first went up, should be here tomorrow. Glad to see it's lasting a while. Give me some time to grab a few other things if they come back in stock.

[quote name='whippleman']Thank you! I'm assuming that C Control will be back in stock by then :)![/QUOTE]

Usually when things just go out of stock, when they come back in stock they aren't on sale anymore, as seen in the previous anime sale. Only if they are oos and available for backorder is when you can still get the sale price. Otherwise you probably won't see C Control for the initial sale price again even if it does come back in stock.

[quote name='Squarehard']Usually when things just go out of stock, when they come back in stock they aren't on sale anymore, as seen in the previous anime sale. Only if they are oos and available for backorder is when you can still get the sale price. Otherwise you probably won't see C Control for the initial sale price again even if it does come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Aww, but on the last sale Shana Season 1 went out of stock (only available from 3rd parties) atleast 2 or more times and kept getting restocked at the same price so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
:oldman:

Was kinda hoping that with this sale that Black Lagoon would drop to around $35. But it's not even part of the sale. Still decent prices for some of the titles.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Was kinda hoping that with this sale that Black Lagoon would drop to around $35. But it's not even part of the sale. Still decent prices for some of the titles.[/QUOTE]

It was just released. Give it time.

[quote name='whippleman']Aww, but on the last sale Shana Season 1 went out of stock (only available from 3rd parties) atleast 2 or more times and kept getting restocked at the same price so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
:oldman:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I never said it couldn't happen, ;D. But Trigun, Summer Wars, and Oblivion Island all went oos and never came back on sale after that even though they restocked, and those went oos early during the sale. Who knows though. Keep those fingers tied together with a string until the end of Jan. ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']Usually when things just go out of stock, when they come back in stock they aren't on sale anymore, as seen in the previous anime sale. Only if they are oos and available for backorder is when you can still get the sale price. Otherwise you probably won't see C Control for the initial sale price again even if it does come back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Shakugan no Shana season 1 was out of stock several times during the previous sale, it was even pulled down from the website for "review" for a few days :)

So Hellsing Ultimate is the same as the original anime except it follows the manga more closely correct?

They're similar,especially starting out, but the first Hellsing animated tv series started to deviate from the manga and the whole thing at the end never happened in the manga.From what I understand this follows the manga fully and if I remember right the episodes for the ultimate ova are about 44 to an hour.Its better then the old animated series and even features the same dub cast or most of them I think(or at least Alucard anyway).You could probably skip the first two episodes even since it was pretty much the same as the first four of the old series.

Actually I got Evangelion 2.22 for 12.49 last year during a Black Friday/Cyber Monday lightning deal. I got Evangelion 1.11 for $8.50 during that same time. I know they did lightning deals for Trigun the complete series, FLCL and a few other animes. This year blew for animes on sale because Amazon was mostly just price matching everyone else's ads instead of doing their own stuff.

[quote name='Psychonik']This year blew for animes on sale because Amazon was mostly just price matching everyone else's ads instead of doing their own stuff.[/QUOTE]

Actually the anime sales this year were just not as good as last year period all across the board.

Amazon's anime sale items were actually out before Rightstuf got their 12+ days sales out with their own items, and even the sales at DD were so-so, and most of the stuff from the DD sale were about the same at Rightstuf.

Maybe I'm interpreting the use of the words "price matching" incorrectly, but usually to price match you need to be adjusting it after another retailer release their prices first, and not after.

And even after the items went on sale for cheaper at Rightstuf and DD, Amazon didn't actually do any "price matching" any of those items since they only stuck with their own items that were on sale at the same price, and didn't include price adjustment on things that weren't in their own sale.

But my main point is really that Amazon wasn't the only one who had a less than spectacular anime sale, and it wasn't because they were "price matching" everybody, but it was just meh all across the board from all the sales.

So I really want to try watching the Shakugan no Shana series, but I'm extremely turned off by the fact that season 2 is 2 parts at $40+ a pop.....and from my understanding there is still going to be a season 3 release? :|

Anything you guys highly recommend from this sale? I'm looking to pick up some awesome animes on bluray. Not really interested in Hellsing though, just throwing that out there.

Season 1 is cheap enough for a good blind buy (Assuming Amazon still has it for $25). If you don't mind waiting, Season 2 will definitely get a box set release and the individual parts will likely go on sale in a few months (after all, it was only just released).

Yeah I just bought the part two bundle and at first I was appalled at seeing the price but that pricing is pretty normal for new releases. It just seems like more because they released both parts at the same time, which IMO isn't the smartest move.

Oh wow...I didn't even realize that Season 2 just came out this month? That makes me feel better! My bad!

So can anyone recommend this series? Also, I heard that the picture quality isn't that good, but is it that bad?

[quote name='Refluxx']Oh wow...I didn't even realize that Season 2 just came out this month? That makes me feel better! My bad!

So can anyone recommend this series? Also, I heard that the picture quality isn't that good, but is it that bad?[/QUOTE]

The Blu-Ray is perfectly watchable if you aren't a huge stickler for video quality. However, no matter how lenient you are on video quality, it doesn't look good. You can read this review if you want a more detailed opinion:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shakugan-no-Shana-Season-1-Blu-ray/45383/#Review

Personally, I like the series. I'm disappointed that the video quality isn't better, but that isn't Funimation's fault. I'd say it's well worth $25 unless you hate the genre and tropes it represents.

I have absolutely no expertise on video quality but I thought Shana season one looked good on bluray... I've also seen some comments on how the stills look bad but while its playing its not that noticeable.

Awesome! I'll probably give Shana a shot! Thinking about grabbing all of Yu Yu Hakusho on blu-ray as well, but that would end up being ~$117. I watched it a long time ago when it came on Toonami and really enjoyed it so I watched a few episodes of it on youtube again and I cant make myself stop watching! >.>

Pretty sure I'm not going to find them cheaper then $23 a season on blu-ray.

[quote name='Refluxx']Awesome! I'll probably give Shana a shot! Thinking about grabbing all of Yu Yu Hakusho on blu-ray as well, but that would end up being ~$117. I watched it a long time ago when it came on Toonami and really enjoyed it so I watched a few episodes of it on youtube again and I cant make myself stop watching! >.>

Pretty sure I'm not going to find them cheaper then $23 a season on blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Yu Yu Hakusho is so worth it on blu-ray. The remaster is stunning I bought each season the day they came out and haven't regretted it since.

[quote name='GenericName']The Blu-ray/DVD combo of C: Control can be ordered at $23.99 again, though it's not in stock until January 4.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's been taken down again, lol.

That was short lived. XD

[quote name='whippleman']OMFG JESUS!!! Just got home and missed it again!?![/QUOTE]

There wasn't that many to begin with, so even if you got on when I made my post it would've been too late, lol. ;P

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Yu Yu Hakusho is so worth it on blu-ray. The remaster is stunning I bought each season the day they came out and haven't regretted it since.[/QUOTE]

I know that I'm most likely going to be yelled at for asking this, but since its 4:3 ratio it has the black bars on the side. I would be watching it on my PS3 is there a way to make it take up the whole screen? I know it will hurt the quality a bit, but I'm just curious because to me the black bars on the side can be annoying....

And dangit.....I really wanted to get C Control. :cry:

Would it? Like when I was watching a dvd that was in 4:3 I noticed that I could upscale it to fit full screen. When I did it didn't cut anything off, but would it not do the same on a bluray? I've never had a bluray with the 4:3 aspect ratio to try it.

[quote name='Refluxx']I know that I'm most likely going to be yelled at for asking this, but since its 4:3 ratio it has the black bars on the side. I would be watching it on my PS3 is there a way to make it take up the whole screen? I know it will hurt the quality a bit, but I'm just curious because to me the black bars on the side can be annoying....

And dangit.....I really wanted to get C Control. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You can zoom in on ps3 I believe. I use a media pc setup with a blu ray drive and vlc player it stretches properly and doesn't lose picture when the image is stretched to fit. But I do not think there is a way to do that on ps3. I have a plasma though so 4:3 is painful to it as far as an afterwords blurry line on the sides easily fixed as I have many white screen washing tools that work great for that. But yeah there is a zoom function on the ps3 that would do it for ya but it will be cropped pretty bad. But the 4:3 is easy to get used too lol you have 112 episodes to get used to it haha.

[quote name='Vash1306']What the full screen features does is zoom into the image. So some stuff will be cropped out.[/QUOTE]

23946195.jpg

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']Is there a reason to not buy Soul Eater?[/QUOTE]

Not at that price there isn't. I for one was disappointed by ending but I still liked the show for the most part. Definitely worth watching.

I swear to god if I missed it again!!! It says $23.99 but its says no longer available from selected seller when I try to add it to my cart!

EDIT ~ Oh Lawd I did miss it again FFS...

Why are you people even interested in C? I refuse to believe that anyone who's watched it would actually want to buy it.

[quote name='DNukem170']Because it is a new release that is, like, 60% off.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I mean a new release Blu-ray/Dvd combo *limited edition* for $23.99, pretty good deal! :D

I think it looks interesting, and if not I'm only in it for $24.

bread's done
Back