RedBox Instant Beta Signup

Id be interested in doing this over Netflix if it were Blurays or games and not DVDs. Anyone can get free dvd rental codes left and right from them . Id like to see it work for them though

I'd be interested in seeing what they bring to the table, but they are entering a rather saturated market. With Netflix and Hulu beating them to the punch (and both of them having some exclusivity contracts) I think will be a hindrance.

free online + 4 dvds per month for 8 bucks.. hopefully this makes netflix drop their fees

hell 4 dvds would set you back what 6...so online is just 2 a month

[quote name='slidecage']free online + 4 dvds per month for 8 bucks.. hopefully this makes netflix drop their fees

hell 4 dvds would set you back what 6...so online is just 2 a month[/QUOTE]

Don't see that happening. With Netflix you can easily get over 10 DVDs a month for $8. Online streaming will probably have a poor selection (at least when they start). They would have to lower prices to compete with Netflix.

Forgot to mention that they give out free DVD codes like candy. They'll also have to stop doing that.

[quote name='bob101910']Don't see that happening. With Netflix you can easily get over 10 DVDs a month for $8. Online streaming will probably have a poor selection (at least when they start). They would have to lower prices to compete with Netflix.

Forgot to mention that they give out free DVD codes like candy. They'll also have to stop doing that.[/QUOTE]

migh get 10 dvds but does not included streaming ... also you might get 10 dvds one month then be trottled like hell

as long as the streaming service has different selection than netflix ill be happy cause whats the point of amazon prime if it has the same stuff as netflix i dont get it lol

$8/month after beta ends. I only watch 1 or 2 movies a month and pay $1.25 at the physical Redbox. Probably not for me.

[quote name='cmp2005']as long as the streaming service has different selection than netflix ill be happy cause whats the point of amazon prime if it has the same stuff as netflix i dont get it lol[/QUOTE]

Amazon Prime gives you 2 day shipping and access to the Kindle Owner's Lending Library as well. I prefer Amazon Instant Video over Netflix.

Amazon would be better if their movies had subtitles.

As far as Redbox goes I can't see it really taking off. Especially since at first there won't be a way to view it on TV without plugging your computer into it.

[quote name='MagicMurderBag7']I got an email today saying they don't have a beta code for me yet but they did have a free DVD 1 day rental code.[/QUOTE]

Same here, rented looper. Had low expectations but was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie.

[quote name='BronsonsArmor']Same here, rented looper. Had low expectations but was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie.[/QUOTE]

looper sure was a major booper :)

I haven't gotten the invite yet, either. I did get the free rental, though. Looking forward to trying this out as an alternative to Netflix.

Got mine today around noon. Haven't entered it yet but pretty excited to see how it compares to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Ect Ect..........:bouncy:

[quote name='AZR43L']They supposedly launched this in late december . Has any CAG gotten an invite yet?[/QUOTE]

I got my on 1/9/13. Have not activate it yet as school is in the way. I'll wait till Spring Break then will get my month in.

[quote name='Methoes']I got my on 1/9/13. Have not activate it yet as school is in the way. I'll wait till Spring Break then will get my month in.[/QUOTE]

i would sell your beta on ebay then fools paying 25 to 50 for them and by april it will be live

For those that have received their beta code, can you provide some feedback on selection of the instant stream? How does this compare to Netflix / Hulu Plus / Amazon Prime?

[quote name='cjwoods89']For those that have received their beta code, can you provide some feedback on selection of the instant stream? How does this compare to Netflix / Hulu Plus / Amazon Prime?[/QUOTE]

Ahh I don't care for it. The rental bonuses are nice but the streaming selection isn't that great. It's like Netflix's when they started minus a lot of kids stuff. My kids watch stuff of netflix just about everyday and there are none of the show they like on Redbox. Plus the TV/xbox/etc doesn't support it just yet so it's all watch on the computer or hook that up to the TV. I'll stick with Netflix... Prime is getting better but still behind a little compared.

bread's done
Back