GAMESTOP: B1G1 Free on all PS2 Games. Online Only.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']So...what are the odds of getting a complete copy of anything? Didn't they toss all the original cases?[/QUOTE]

i say odds are around 30% ive ordered from GS alot in the past and haven't received case or booklet to many times

[quote name='cero5']i say odds are around 30% ive ordered from GS alot in the past and haven't received case or booklet to many times[/QUOTE]
Screw this sale then. Y MUST U BE THIS WAY GS?

*Sigh*

Edit: Actually , I may try afterall. There are a lot of games I'd like for a good price. Currently I have 50$ worth of games in my cart and after rewards card and the B2G1F it's only 28$

hm.

Last edited by a moderator:
30+ games for 69$

I'm near the last step of Checkout, and i'm not seeing any shipping charges other than the handling charge

I wish this was instore there are so many PS2 game at the Gamestop in my town that I'm just waiting for to be on sale.

Just a note most gamestops will keep the cases if the game is over 9.99 usually granted the customers have to trade it in with case and all but eh. Still good deal I might order .dot hack and megaman. Last note you can pay store and have it shipped out to your house

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Why couldn't they at least do B2G2 in-store as well :([/QUOTE]
Yeah that would be nice. I was just there yesterday. If they had this offer, I could've gotten Onimusha 4 & Dragon Quest VIII + Contra Shattered Soldier all with the boxes with this offer.

I decided to order a bunch of PS2 games the last time they had a B1G1 glitch. Ordered about 20 that are normally $5-$10. Being that this is Gamestop I didn't expect cases or manuals, and they did indeed all come disk only. My problem is that in addition to that, the disk art for half of them had scratches, chips, or what looks like skid marks. Some people might not care, but just know that if you're going to order online to expect the absolute shittiest quality possible.

Had terrible experiences ordering PS2/XB/GC stuff online in the past. First order I ever did ('08 or so) was for about $200 of those games and every last one had a "defective" sticker covered up and the discs were in various states of crappy.

The site seems like a dumping ground for the garbage that gets traded in with refurb fees docked and mailed to HQ for "refurbishing." Many of the discs I got obviously never touched their buffing machine.

Expect coasters.

[quote name='who77']Shipping kills this deal...gamestop ftl[/QUOTE]
Not with the SAVER coupon code as well as the obligatory CAG16.

I asked yesterday and was also told about the BOGO on PS2 games. They're just not bothering to put up a sign or anything to clearance them out.

It's a good thing for me since my local GS still has good PS2 titles.

[quote name='Seshka']Not with the SAVER coupon code as well as the obligatory CAG16.

I asked yesterday and was also told about the BOGO on PS2 games. They're just not bothering to put up a sign or anything to clearance them out.

It's a good thing for me since my local GS still has good PS2 titles.[/QUOTE]

So this is in store also? If so I may need to take a trip out to my local store.

[quote name='Seshka']Not with the SAVER coupon code as well as the obligatory CAG16.

It's a good thing for me since my local GS still has good PS2 titles.[/QUOTE]
I used those codes but they both show up as Red circles with X's in them. And the price doesn't change with CAG16 even though it says 16% off.

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply."

Is it because I have a rewards card -10%?

It SHOULD stack with your PUR discount.

On a side note, gamestop won't let me check out anymore online. Even though all my info hasn't changed, it keeps saying that given my info my order can't be processed. Anybody else ever have this issue? I honestly haven't done anything that would warrant a banning...

If you're worried about not getting the case, remember that you can go into a lot of stores and they will let you swap out the generic case you received with the real thing if you have your receipt and if they actuallly have it.

[quote name='MrBonk']Ah I googled it, gotta have 50$ at least worth of order[/QUOTE]

Ah really? That sucks, I was like $4.xx away from $50 (18 games).

On an ironic side note I'm receiving a 10% off PUR discount despite the fact that my subscription expired almost 5 months ago. I never renewed and I don't get the 10% off in the stores but online I do. Hey, works for me!

In my experience with buying used games from Gamestop online the cases usually came plain and or destroyed and the discs terrible.

[quote name='slainviper']I decided to order a bunch of PS2 games the last time they had a B1G1 glitch. Ordered about 20 that are normally $5-$10. Being that this is Gamestop I didn't expect cases or manuals, and they did indeed all come disk only. My problem is that in addition to that, the disk art for half of them had scratches, chips, or what looks like skid marks. Some people might not care, but just know that if you're going to order online to expect the absolute shittiest quality possible.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience. I ordered like 12 games, and only 2 came complete... but all of the discs were resurfaced using their machines and they actually looked worse than any disc I've ever seen from GS.

I had an order over 50 with a non PS2 game in it. With that taken out, CAG16 still doesn't work. Must be because of the b1g1

The last time I ordered a PS2 disc from Gamestop.com it had a huge crack in the center that they tried covering it up by putting a round silver sticker on the disc spindle. Needless to say I don't order PS2 games from them online anymore.

[quote name='Vinny']I had a similar experience. I ordered like 12 games, and only 2 came complete... but all of the discs were resurfaced using their machines and they actually looked worse than any disc I've ever seen from GS.[/QUOTE]
That might be what the skid marks on my discs were from. They were circular so I think a bad resurfacing machine would be the only way to do that.

[quote name='who77']Shipping kills this deal...gamestop ftl[/QUOTE]

Though "saver" promo code for free shipping still work eh? Yep, still work. Just add some fillers. Return them if you must.

[quote name='ManchildofPV']Just a note most gamestops will keep the cases if the game is over 9.99 usually granted the customers have to trade it in with case and all but eh. Still good deal I might order .dot hack and megaman. Last note you can pay store and have it shipped out to your house[/QUOTE]

Our area is $5 or less, orginal cases are gone.

I would bite but since im a collector i dont want to buy it if it just comes with a disc and not the original case.. Hmm maybe if i can find all the cover arts and print em

This would be a good sale if it wasn't for the fact that GameStop price gouges even in ebay standards. "Oh, this game was released 10 years ago but is somewhat rare? $18 LOL"

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']I would bite but since im a collector i dont want to buy it if it just comes with a disc and not the original case.. Hmm maybe if i can find all the cover arts and print em[/QUOTE]

Don't bother if you're a collector. Even the disks they send you are likely to be messed up.

[quote name='Blade']This would be a good sale if it wasn't for the fact that GameStop price gouges even in ebay standards. "Oh, this game was released 10 years ago but is somewhat rare? $18 LOL"[/QUOTE]

I don't really like defending Gamestop, but I feel the need to say you're wrong. Some extreme examples of them selling expensive games for cheap include Steambot Chronicles, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, and MS Saga: A New Dawn. Those games are pretty much never in stock, but that's probably because people would rather not trade them in for barely anything rather than, you know, price gouging them on Ebay.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']So...what are the odds of getting a complete copy of anything? Didn't they toss all the original cases?[/QUOTE]

about 1 in 6 from the last order I placed. They're so bad, they send those generic cases without the titles on them now.

Just bought 14 cheapie PS2 games and 1 PS3 game for under $35 after all the discounts and junk :D Can't wait to see how many of them arrive disc only.

Mark of Kri
Red Faction
Rygar
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Hitman 2
Onimusha

Maximo vs Army of Zin
Onimusha 2
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Bond 007: Nightfire
Viewtiful Joe 2

Ace Combat 5
X-Men Legends
Grand Theft Auto III
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Okay so my first ordered cancelled because some of the games I wanted got out of stock (like maybe 3 out of 15 games). So I put in a second order and THAT got cancelled too. This time 14 out of 15 games went out of stock.

Gamestop, you never cease to amaze me.

Just got a bunch of great RPGs. I think they have more in stock now. I got:
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga 1
Nocturne
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Re:Chain of Memories
Thanks for the post OP

I hate how their online system works.

Add 2 19.99 games to cart

"CONGRATS YOU GET 19.99 game free!"

Add another game of lesser value (14.99 for example)

"CONGRATS NOW YOU PAY FOR 2 19.99 games and get a 14.99 game free!!

They'll automatically give you all the cheaper games free instead of doing what you want it to do. something of EQUAL value.

CAG16 doesn't work either, so you have to do a bunch of separate orders to take advantage of it in the best way + shipping costs. For each one

bread's done
Back