Best Buy: Darksiders II $29.99

Still to expensive for myself but then again I didn't like it. Way to many puzzles.
I've heard the first one was more action based and didn't have as many puzzles, is this true?

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']MSRP drop?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it listed as a $20 sale.

This worked out great for me, because I had a Welcome Package coupon from GC Unlocked for B2G1 for games $39.99 or less. I wanted Paper Mario and Walking Dead, but wasn't sure of a third until I walked into the store.

[quote name='Komentra']Still to expensive for myself but then again I didn't like it. Way to many puzzles.
I've heard the first one was more action based and didn't have as many puzzles, is this true?[/QUOTE]
from the walkthrough videos i have seen on youtube for the game, your descriptions are pretty close ,lol

That was their Black Friday week pricing as well. Surprised how bloody long this game has held its high price. We're almost looking at another Metro2033 situation if it doesn't come down soon.

If you're buying it in-store, be sure to look for one of the few remaining copies of the Exclusive edition with Lenticular slipcover, extra DLC, and comic:

$%28KGrHqV,%21gsF%21pG5BTJOBQRtWRiH%21Q%7E%7E60_57.JPG

They still had a few here and there when I bought mine during BFWeek. (used my @gamer B2G1F:new coupon to pick up DS2 and Avengers:BFE along with a 3rd random game to resell for profit/offset, netted both kept games for ~$11 each)

I picked this sucker up at TRU when they had the 2 for 60 deal. The game is great and I recommend it for anybody who hasn't picked it up yet.

Still have not played the 1st so I can wait. I already have all the DLC that came with it new + the LE slipcover. Just waiting for a good used copy to drop to below $20.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still have not played the 1st so I can wait. I already have all the DLC that came with it new + the LE slipcover. Just waiting for a good used copy to drop to below $20.[/QUOTE]
with THQs financial situation, there is a good chance there will be a firesale ,lol

[quote name='TooPoor']If you waited this long, you can wait for sub $20 or even $9.99 from gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I expect 19.99 sometime in 2013 and it could possibly hit 9.99 by the end of the year.

BTW trust me on there not being a firesale. I'm well versed in THQ's situation

I had a $10 gift card. Got the limited edition for $19.99 with in store pickup. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Nintendonly']What about the Wii U version?[/QUOTE]

probably not for a while :( since the xbox 360 and PS3 version came out months before.

i want the wii u version too for off tv play but not paying full price

[quote name='theking20']probably not for a while :( since the xbox 360 and PS3 version came out months before.

i want the wii u version too for off tv play but not paying full price[/QUOTE]
I heard the Wii U version is full of bugs.

[quote name='showtimefolks']there is been good amount good amount of dlc so i may as well wait for a GOTY[/QUOTE]

Assuming your comment isn't a joke, let me tell you, there will be NO GOTY edition. The game sold like shit. They aren't going to re-release it. It was the top selling game in August but that was a miserably low number.

From their quarterly earnings report:
• Darksiders® II received highly-favorable critical reviews at launch, achieving an average Metacritic
score of 83. The company shipped 1.4 million units of the title in the second quarter.

#1 game of the month in August:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/07/npd-darksiders-2-sold-247k-copies-in-august/
NPD: Darksiders 2 sold 247K copies in August

So yeah, they're not going to sink more money into a game that's already failed. Keep in mind that's 1.4 million SHIPPED to store not sold through to gamers. I bet they've still got nearly 1 million unsold from that shipment.

That sucks. I think THQ actually has some good IP but management must just be poor. Their handling of DLC overall is pretty bad. The Season passes they offered were some of the worst and season passes in general have been pretty bad. I hope Saints Row and Metro will be ok in the end.

[quote name='cancerman1120']That sucks. I think THQ actually has some good IP but management must just be poor. Their handling of DLC overall is pretty bad. The Season passes they offered were some of the worst and season passes in general have been pretty bad. I hope Saints Row and Metro will be ok in the end.[/QUOTE]

Those IP's will be fine. Another Darksiders probably won't be made though.

[quote name='Blaster man']Assuming your comment isn't a joke, let me tell you, there will be NO GOTY edition. The game sold like shit. They aren't going to re-release it. It was the top selling game in August but that was a miserably low number.

From their quarterly earnings report:
• Darksiders® II received highly-favorable critical reviews at launch, achieving an average Metacritic
score of 83. The company shipped 1.4 million units of the title in the second quarter.

#1 game of the month in August:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/07/npd-darksiders-2-sold-247k-copies-in-august/
NPD: Darksiders 2 sold 247K copies in August

So yeah, they're not going to sink more money into a game that's already failed. Keep in mind that's 1.4 million SHIPPED to store not sold through to gamers. I bet they've still got nearly 1 million unsold from that shipment.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. I guess I will pick it up down the road. I bought the limited edition with mask at launch.(sold it on eBay)

It's truly sad when a good game like this can't sell yet senseless dance games or generic FPS can do 2-3 million easily

And than gamers complain that publishers don't take risks and we have too many sequels, if we are gonna keep buying the same games than expect a AC9 and COD29 because it's all about the money

I was hoping for a darksiders 3 but I guess not(unless whoever buys THQ sees alue in darksiders franchise). There wasn't a lot of advertisement for this game either

Also sleeping dogs sold poorly too in that same month, my point again of people complain about not getting new ideas or new games yet when something does come out they still rather save their money for next AC or COD or halo

If anyone buys the LE for the 360 w/ the lenticular slipcover, I'll pay $8 via Paypal for the three DLC codes with the game (Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Angel of Death Pack). PM me if interested!

bread's done
Back