GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08 50% Off Strategy Guides, Skylanders Deals, Price Drops, more

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/010213/pdf/olfsi_010213.pdf

I know this is usually litepink's thing (props), but I'm not about type out the whole ad when the .pdf is readily available. I wikified the thread if litepink or others would like to add other items of special interest.

Don't mind if I do :) -lp

:360: :ps3: :wii:
Wii_U_platform_icon.png
:3ds: Skylanders Giants Starter Pack $64.99
icongs_r1.gif
Skylander Giants Exclusive 3-Pack $24.99 (releases 01/11/13)

-Bobblehead Stylus $4.99
-Adventure Case $19.99
-Zip Case $9.99
-Battle Arena $29.99

:360::ps3: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY $19.99

:wii::3ds: Wreck-it Ralph $19.99

:360::ps3: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 $69.99 :wii: $49.99

:360::ps3: Legends of War Patton $39.99

:pc: World of Warcraft Battlechest $4.99

:360::ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy $29.99

:360::ps3: 007 Legends $49.99

:360::ps3: Family Guy Back to the Multiverse $49.99

:360::ps3: NASCAR Inside Line $49.99

:360::ps3: WWE 13 $29.99

icongs_r1.gif
50% off all strategy guides

Man, no 3DS deals here either... Bought a 3DS XL the week before Christmas, and other than picking up Mario Kart 7 at K-Mart for $30 that week, haven't been able to find any deals on games for it... :cry:

Also, how the hell is the Oblivion GOTY a "new bundle"?

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone know if the price of guides on gamestop.com is the same as in store?

Mainly looking at the XIII-2 CE guide.[/QUOTE]

It should be as it says in the ad "while supplies last".

50% off strategy guides are pretty nice. There's still a Gamestop around that has a $5 SoulCalibur guide. I'll get that for $2.50.

if i never sold mario sticker star i would of got the guide for 10...

mario sticker star was one of the first game i played in a long time that you needed a freaking guide to find crap

[quote name='slidecage']if i never sold mario sticker star i would of got the guide for 10...

mario sticker star was one of the first game i played in a long time that you needed a freaking guide to find crap[/QUOTE]

Hmm I might have to get the guide for my daugter. She is constantly watching walkthroughs on YouTube

Ooh, I dig that 50% off all guides. I'll use that to get the CE guides for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 as well as the guides for Darksiders II, (possibly) Pokemon B&W 2 (CE), (also possibly) Pokemon B&W 2 Official Pokedex, and (finally) the Kingdoms of Amalur hardcover guide.

It's weird that the RE6 standard guide is now $9.99 regularly when I bought it at that price "on sale" a month or so ago; if I can find the receipt, I'll do a return-and-rebuy to get back ~$5.

Also, this promotion is making it really difficult to use Best Buy's 40% off any strategy guide offer. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks was about to go pick up the boredlands 2 limited edition strategy guide tomorrow. I'll definately be waiting. 50% off 34.99 is 17.50 and I'm gonna use my strategy guide coupon from PowerUp Rewards($20 off) and get it for free. These should stack. Or am I wrong?

gonna use that 50% off strategy guides promo to burn up some GS credit i never thought i would spend.

i am looking at dead or alive 5 guide and it "price dropped" to $9.99. is it likely this price will be in effect when the 50% off goes live? is "price drop" permanent or is it their version of "on sale" ?

here is what's on my list and confirmed available in store:
Dead or Alive 5 $9.99
Modern Warfare 3 $4.99
Kingdoms of Amalur $26.99
Skyrim Expanded $26.99

total should be $34.48 after promo discount and i have $40 credit to use :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Thanks was about to go pick up the boredlands 2 limited edition strategy guide tomorrow. I'll definately be waiting. 50% off 34.99 is 17.50 and I'm gonna use my strategy guide coupon from PowerUp Rewards($20 off) and get it for free. These should stack. Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

no, they typically don't stack.

[quote name='bob330i']no, they typically don't stack.[/QUOTE]
Even with it being a PowerUp reward coupon(it's the one for a free strategy guide(up to $20 value))

Good luck my fellow Punk fan at getting a deal for it at Gamestop, all the new copies were converted to used last year so it will be a painful wait to see it fall from it's $30 price point. Better keep watch on BB daily deals.

Any CE guide that anyone thinks would be good to snipe with this sale that will go up in value? In Jan. 2011 with this same sale I bought the Borderlands 1 GotY CE guide and the value of it went through the roof. FYI I have most of the recent CE RPG guides (Skyrim, Amalur, FF 13-2.)

[quote name='HeightsBound']Should I get Oblivion GOTY for 19.99? Never played it, love Fallout and love Skyrim, are these similar?[/QUOTE]

Oblivion is REALLY clunky compared to F3 & Skyrim. Still fun though.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Gotta get that hot dog skylander.[/QUOTE]

It figures that he's going to be in a three-pack. :cry:

[quote name='HeightsBound']Should I get Oblivion GOTY for 19.99? Never played it, love Fallout and love Skyrim, are these similar?[/QUOTE]
If you loved the other two games and can handle the "older" graphics, then pick it up. I think you can do better than $20 though. May want to look for a pc version but that's just mho. Oblivion has a fantastic MOD community like Skyrim and Fallout that can add a TON of options to the game! Who doesnt lol at the plague of cheese?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aD_I32q2bE

Anybody know the return policy on guides at GS? If it's like Best Buy I'd want to use it and return for my money back within 30 days.

[quote name='traderd']Anybody know the return policy on guides at GS? If it's like Best Buy I'd want to use it and return for my money back within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

If it's sealed, at a minimum you can return them.

Is the trade-in deal towards Steam cash still on this week? The old ad said it was good through 1/6, but it's not listed on the web site anymore.

lol wtf

[quote name='traderd']Anybody know the return policy on guides at GS? If it's like Best Buy I'd want to use it and return for my money back within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

I think they prefer that you just steal it and then give it back to them later. That way they don't use up receipt paper, etc.

I own several guides, but I have them more as like a collection or homage to my favorite games. I actually do use them, too. I only buy them on sale when about $5 or less (pennied guides preferably) since I can find a good amount of info online.

To want to return a guide after buying it seems silly (besides the point of it being unethical) to me because you might as well just look up the stuff online and save the hassle of going to the store, etc.

[quote name='strait edge follower']my gs still has copys of guides for game of thrones and fallout new vegas. which were pennied awhile back. im gonna snag one during the guide promo just for laughs lol[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the employees at my local Gamestop would get befuddled trying to make change for the half penny and just deny the sale. :)

Don't forget, guys: PUR Pro members also get 10% off guides, so the promotion really becomes 55% off for those people (e.g., $20 guide -> $9.99 -> $8.99 after PUR).

[quote name='detectiveconan16']If the Soul Calibur V guide is still available Wednesday at $5 and they haven't pulled it, that means with discount it's $2.50. Yes.[/QUOTE]

Goes nice with the $19.99 game CE currently at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back