[DEAD] Brutal Legend PS3/360 - $2.99 @ Best Buy

This game is hugely underrated. Even if you don't like metal, it's a pretty fun game...lots of variety to the gameplay. The story is nonsensical, but the gameplay is very fun. Steal at this price.

Anyone know if this deal is all week or just for today? Not sure if I'll be able to make it out to my Best Buy today.

Thanks!

Here's the PS3 version link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Br%26%23252%3Btal+Legend+-+PlayStation+3/9262157.p?id=1218071323769&skuId=9262157&st=brutal%20legend&lp=2&cp=1
Also, with free shipping. What's their profit from this? $1??

LOL, at the pre-owned versions at over $7

UPDATE: Looks like it's in store only, even though they explicitly say free shipping. Can't select shipping option, only in store pickup. I'd spend 4X in gas than the game cost to go the 35 miles to my nearest BB and back. Deal breaker. So close Best Buy, so close. And I was glad I passed on the game when it was $5.

[quote name='ARsignal11']Anyone know if this deal is all week or just for today? Not sure if I'll be able to make it out to my Best Buy today.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not sure; its not showing up on the daily deal pages. Your best bet is to go ahead and order it online. I put in for a store pick up earlier this morning; I think they hold it for about a week.

[quote name='Owlmanus']Wouldn't waste a cent on this crap[/QUOTE]

Ah...so you haven't played it. Or seen it played. Or know anything about it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Here's the PS3 version link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Br%26%23252%3Btal+Legend+-+PlayStation+3/9262157.p?id=1218071323769&skuId=9262157&st=brutal%20legend&lp=2&cp=1
Also, with free shipping. What's their profit from this? $1??

LOL, at the pre-owned versions at over $7

UPDATE: Looks like it's in store only, even though they explicitly say free shipping. Can't select shipping option, only in store pickup.[/QUOTE]

It was available for shipping earlier today (at least the 360 version was). I ended up changing it to store pick up since I already have another order waiting to be picked up.

Very disappointing game-- like most people I thought it was hilarious and awesome for the first few hours, until the RTS gameplay left me totally cold. But it's definitely worth $3 just for the great music and Jack Black's performance.

I have to say it was disappointing as well, and this coming from someone looking forward to it. It probably is worth picking up for a couple of bucks, but the game never came together for me.

I've actually been wanting to play this again, and would've already ordered it if I could have had it shipped. Maybe they will still have it when I go to best buy in a few days.

This game had so much potential, it's a shame that you can tell they rushed it to the market and cut around a third of what should have been in the storyline. Basically you get a dramatic build up, fighting several battles with the hair metal faction and then suddenly you're at the death metal faction, have one battle and the game is over. If the third faction had a more fleshed out campaign, this game would have been amazing.

[quote name='chunlirocks']tax kills it for me[/QUOTE]

The RTS part of the game ruined it for me. I loved everything about the game until it came time to play the main part of the game... the RTS ugh. So tempted to pick it up for this price though wow.

[quote name='the carrot cake kid']game was pretty good until the clunky and unnecessary rts portion started.[/quote]

+1

Had a great deal of fun with this game. I found it to be pretty funny, and I didn't think the RTS was bad either. It's a pretty big open world to explore.

Yeah this game is glitched, at least on ps3, that your save corrupts if you get over 77% completion. Unless you finish the story and then save all collectibles for a brutal collectible gaming session, plat is unattainable.

doublefine has tried to patch it but blames ea for not letting them release it...

oh yeah and don't judge this game by the demo. most deceptive demo ever!

[quote name='Velo214']Yeah this game is glitched, at least on ps3, that your save corrupts if you get over 77% completion. Unless you finish the story and then save all collectibles for a brutal collectible gaming session, plat is unattainable.

doublefine has tried to patch it but blames ea for not letting them release it...

oh yeah and don't judge this game by the demo. most deceptive demo ever![/QUOTE]

As much as I'm thinking about switching my PS3 order to a 360 order because of this statement...I have to ask myself, am I REALLY going to try to collect everything in this game??

[quote name='mbrown3']Ah...so you haven't played it. Or seen it played. Or know anything about it.[/QUOTE]

To me, it seems like absolute misleading garbage. Like a Motorhead CD that turns into a Celion Dion album after about four songs.

Perhaps Tim Shafer's next project could be a sequel to Day of the Tentacle. For the first hour or so it will seem like a fantastically enjoyable classic point and click adventure game, and soon after that you'll learn that it's actually a first person shooter.

[quote name='TheHelix']I remember seeing this game last year for the same price. I did an instore pickup and they couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

I got it last year at that price and it's still sitting here in the plastic...

Was in store picking up Rhythm Heaven and ended up grabbing the last copy of this for PS3. Now I might end up returning it if the thing is glitched THAT badly

PS3 version:
1.00 version has a nasty audio bug
1.01 fixed the nasty audio bug
1.02 re-introduced the nasty audio bug
1.03 patch is done and re-fixes the nasty audio bug but EA won't pay the hosting costs due to the fallout with Double Fine so it was never pushed to the servers

Now if you really want the PS3 version then simply let 1.01 apply and then back-out of 1.02. (and continue to reject it each time you boot the game)

And yeah, awesome soundtrack and fuck EA!

[quote name='iwannadie']The RTS part of the game ruined it for me. I loved everything about the game until it came time to play the main part of the game... the RTS ugh. So tempted to pick it up for this price though wow.[/QUOTE]

I'm in exactly the same boat. The concept is awesome, and the gameplay was just fine the way it was in the beginning. But then the RTS portions showed up out of nowhere and killed it for me. It's still a great game, and it's definitely worth $3. But I just couldn't push myself to get through the RTS parts.

The PS3 version has an infinite loop at the store but if you add it from the search results you can do a store pickup.

Unavailable in my area, oh well, such is life.

yeah but i have the dlc that helps you find the collectibles, so it's a catch 22. i can't use the dlc if i don't get the patch updates. lol.
and really don't worry about the glitch unless you are going for plat. im a completionist and i didnt even hit the high 70% completion bug until i went back and tried to get all the collectibles. it can be done, but it has to be done in one sitting once you load a pre 77% completion or else it messes up your save file. i got to 76% and it was working fine. saved it and now it is corrupted or something, doh. oh wellz. ill start over and save all the collectibles til the end... some day... i dont know anything about audio bug, i just know the saved game messing up past 77% or so. and they fixed it but ea won't release it.

also i loved tim curry in it! and the 3 groups were interesting, the metalheads, goths and demons ;) and even the glam alt versions of metal heads were hilarious.

Wow lots of hate here. The game is easily worth $3, but it's not great. To me, the RTS sections worked perfectly fine, they just felt completely out of place. The developers strived to do something a little different and they did, but the results weren't all that great.

I bought the game awhile back when it was $10 and loved it. I traded it in awhile ago, but at this price I had to pick it up again. I am a metal head though, so I'm a little biased.

Great price! Thanks OP. I picked up a copy, and I was able to redeem the Rock Band DLC voucher! $3.25 with tax. I finished the game years ago for the PS3 so having a X360 copy is awesome.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Sweet! All the stores around me have it here in northeast Ohio. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Nice! That's basically where I live. Where in NE Ohio are ya?

Game was very meh when it came out. But for $3 its worth a try for anyone curious. The core idea was pretty good, but wrapping it in the psuedo-RTS gameplay really was a bizarre choice. Frankly I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was just a fairly bland 3rd person action game. Its the stuff around the gameplay that made the game enjoyable.

I have an in store order, but I'll see if I pick it up or not. I neve finished the game, maybe 5 hours or so and the gameplay just got boring to me and I guess I just quit and never went back to it. Traded it in a long time ago.

This was part of the trifecta of games that I bought my 360 for (the others being Ghostbusters and Bionic Commando) but I never quite got around to picking it up.

That's changed, and I just put in a in-store pickup order.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Sweet! All the stores around me have it here in northeast Ohio. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Nice! That's basically where I live. Where in NE Ohio are ya?[/QUOTE]

I picked up my copy at the Brookpark Rd store. :bouncy:

[quote name='jetthead']I picked up my copy at the Brookpark Rd store. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nice! I know where that is. I just recently moved to the Boardman area.

I ordered mine online for store pickup last night, and walked in this morning to pick it up. Great deal.

Played the first level. So far, quite entertaining story wise and great Jack Black voiceovers. So far, it doesn't disappoint!

bread's done
Back