Anyone else just get screwed over by PS+ Auto renewal?

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Just saw a $17.99 pending charge on my bank account! It's been a while since I used my vita or ps3. I purchased the assassins creed 3 liberation bundle from amazon and only activate one of my 30 day trials. I didn't know it was automatically set for auto renew! Ugh now I'm stuck with this $17.99 charge for a service ill probably never use...

Any chance of refund?

Yeah my account once auto-renewed. Just call up billing and tell them you plan on renewing in the future but you really cant afford them to take the 17.99 cause you need the money for bills.

Believe it or not they actually care about their customers. But beware its only a one-time deal.

OP,

It takes about 30 seconds to remove credit card information and to turn auto-renewal off. In almost every PS+ thread this information has been mentioned.

That being said I have found their customer service to be overall good. Just make sure to try and cancel ASAP

When you activate the 30 day trial, it tells you that you have to cancel auto-renew or else it'll charge your account. You have to click either OK or Accept to get past that page, acknowledging that if you don't turn off auto-renew, you're agreeing to the charge.

When you enter your promotion code it tells you it will auto renew if you don't cancel it. You accepted the terms so I'd be surprised if they let you have your money back.
Always read the fine print...

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']
Always read the fine print...[/QUOTE]
It's actually pretty big print right below the code.

Good luck on getting your cash back. Most of he time you can't get refunded on digital stuff unless it's required by law in your state.

You could always try the go through your card method and let them fight the fight for you.

[quote name='burritoman']It's actually pretty big print right below the code.

Good luck on getting your cash back. Most of he time you can't get refunded on digital stuff unless it's required by law in your state.

You could always try the go through your card method and let them fight the fight for you.[/QUOTE]
Don't do a chargeback unless you want your PSN account terminated.

SNEI reserves the right to deduct from the wallet any fee, penalty or other charge resulting from a Master Account holder's request to the Master Account holder's credit card company or other payment processor to reverse charges relating to a transaction. SNEI reserves the right to deduct from the wallet all bank fees related to transactions made by the Master Account and its associated Sub Accounts, including domestic and international transaction fees. SNEI reserves the right to terminate the Master Account and all Sub Accounts associated with the Master Account for failure to complete transaction payments. In lieu of termination of the Master Account, SNEI may elect to provide a mechanism by which a Master Account may fund the wallet to prevent the Master Account and its associated Sub Accounts from being terminated.

bread's done
Back