Newegg - PS3 Pulse Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Headset $99.99 Free Shipping

You might want to add that this is the elite version to the title. There is also a non-elite version that retails for $100.

[quote name='DuffHomer']I don't believe in paying $100 for surround headphones, wake us up when this is $50 or less...[/QUOTE]

Never ever ever. You will never get these headsets.

[quote name='oasisboy']Never ever ever. You will never get these headsets.[/QUOTE]

Not quite never ever. GS mistakenly put the standard set on sale for $50 for about 6 hours during the 2011 Play Days. But no one's put either official set on sale for more than 25% off on purpose, that I can recall ...

[quote name='DuffHomer']I don't believe in paying $100 for surround headphones, wake us up when this is $50 or less...[/QUOTE]

Maybe used or refurb, but it seems very unlikely you would ever find these that low for new.

These are actually excellent headsets and should be worth the money if you actually care about this kind of product. Also, I want to make sure you understand these are wireless. $50 for wired surround sounds like a reasonable price, but wireless is going to be more expensive.

There are also some near PS3 integration features that make these stand out. Also, these can be used as wired headphones too, which makes them that much better. Similar headphones from Turtle Beach, etc. that don't include some of the extra features tend to be a lot more money. I have a pair of X41's for my Xbox and I prefer the Sony headphones to the X41's for multiple reasons.

[quote name='@FIF']Not quite never ever. GS mistakenly put the standard set on sale for $50 for about 6 hours during the 2011 Play Days. But no one's put either official set on sale for more than 25% off on purpose, that I can recall ...[/QUOTE]

Well goodluck finding that happening again. But yeah it wont hit 50 unless its in AWD and the condition sucks ass.

[quote name='prayformojo']I second this, does Best Buy price match NewEgg?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they will. I am actually going today to try the 30 day price guarantee since I got these a couple of weeks ago.

For anyone interested, try this promo code. It expires today for 10% off. MEMKBOUDEC12

I am not sure if its universal, but I am not going to use it. Hope it works for someone.

Also, with the Shoprunner promo going on, this deal is great!

I'll try pricematching this at BB later, not sure if that was just the holiday special pricematching though. I have BB credit to burn anyway

[quote name='prayformojo']Are these Bluetooth or do they require a USB dongle?[/QUOTE]

Not Bluetooth, needs the dongle for PS3 and PC.

I got these last month (pricematched at Best Buy with Office Max price) and couldn't be happier.

They are excellent for iPhone use also.

[quote name='linuskinrak']For anyone interested, try this promo code. It expires today for 10% off. MEMKBOUDEC12

I am not sure if its universal, but I am not going to use it. Hope it works for someone.

Also, with the Shoprunner promo going on, this deal is great![/QUOTE]

It's tied to e-mails... So only those of you got the e-mail can used it. Thanks for posting anyway, happy new year!

These headsets are woth every penny. Just as good as the beats by Dre sets if you choose to use them with other devices other than the ps3.

[quote name='xRidley']I'll try pricematching this at BB later, not sure if that was just the holiday special pricematching though. I have BB credit to burn anyway[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm wondering as well if best buy will still price match after holidays

Should work according to bb website

Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - January 31, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

[quote name='thundarr']Anybody able to get these to work with an Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

Playstation branded item working on the Xbox :roll:

[quote name='Draknight']Playstation branded item working on the Xbox :roll:[/QUOTE]

Some have said they work with just about anything (iPhone, iPad, PC etc).

[quote name='Zimmy']Not Bluetooth, needs the dongle for PS3 and PC.

I got these last month (pricematched at Best Buy with Office Max price) and couldn't be happier.

They are excellent for iPhone use also.[/QUOTE]

How do you use it with your ipod if the headset can't use bluetooth? :/ and seems like a great deal :) thanks op!

Edit: Nevermind, they include a cable :p

[quote name='thundarr']Some have said they work with just about anything (iPhone, iPad, PC etc).[/QUOTE]

You just plug the usb to a power source and the cable to your speakers, tv or whatever you want to hear and you can listen to the audio without problems. Playing Forza Horizon and the Witcher 2 with this makes it pretty intense

I got these for my brother for Christmas at Best Buy for $129.99, and they are definitely worth the $99 price tag. It uses a USB dongle for the Wireless and then you get a wired audio jack cable to use it with any other device that uses the audio jack. However, with the audio jack, I'm not sure if you can use the Mic or not, I'm betting that you can't.

Either way, these thing sound incredible. The bass is pretty powerful too, but I wouldn't recommend it for listening to regular music, sometimes it's way off.

can confirm they work with 360. also, these fit rather tight, and i have a shaved head so they hurt lol. i ended up returning mine and getting the older ones instead.

[quote name='technicalstylez']can confirm they work with 360. also, these fit rather tight, and i have a shaved head so they hurt lol. i ended up returning mine and getting the older ones instead.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm so I'm not the only one that had this problem :whistle2:k, I still have mine, but dang sometimes they hurt especially if you use glasses

[quote name='mars009']Mmmm so I'm not the only one that had this problem :whistle2:k, I still have mine, but dang sometimes they hurt especially if you use glasses[/QUOTE]
Oh good, that was enough to get me to stop agonizing over the choice.

You can also get $20 off if you sign up for vme visa payment option. Only good for new customers. Makes them $79.99. Edit, Nevermind it's only valid on purchases of $199 or more.

i would have bought this immediately if it was like a week ago. Why put this deal out after christmas!? I really want these. I'll wait for another deal on this later on. Thanks OP.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh good, that was enough to get me to stop agonizing over the choice.[/QUOTE]

Well they are not that bad after they get a little loose, but if you normally do long gaming sessions they might be a pain if you wear glasses. Probably the pressure added to the temples

I was denied a price match at Best Buy with the manager saying they only price match Amazon.com and no other websites (only retail stores) and only sometimes for Amazon. This seems pretty bogus since I am pretty sure I have PM Newegg at Best Buy before. Also, I didn't go to the location I normally go to. I thought the price match policy was pretty universal now, though. Didn't Best Buy make some big announcement about it a month or two ago?

lol yeah i wear glasses too, so i guess that adds to the problem. however the old ones still feel very comfortable even with glasses on- no 360 love though.

[quote name='mars009']Mmmm so I'm not the only one that had this problem :whistle2:k, I still have mine, but dang sometimes they hurt especially if you use glasses[/QUOTE]

because people get money for christmas and they like to spend it afterwards.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']i would have bought this immediately if it was like a week ago. Why put this deal out after christmas!? I really want these. I'll wait for another deal on this later on. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I was denied a price match at Best Buy with the manager saying they only price match Amazon.com and no other websites (only retail stores) and only sometimes for Amazon. This seems pretty bogus since I am pretty sure I have PM Newegg at Best Buy before. Also, I didn't go to the location I normally go to. I thought the price match policy was pretty universal now, though. Didn't Best Buy make some big announcement about it a month or two ago?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just return them? They have the promotion were you can return anything bought after some date until Jan 24th

[quote name='mars009']Couldn't you just return them? They have the promotion were you can return anything bought after some date until Jan 24th[/QUOTE]

They are already opened and used (I may not even have the box anymore). I called the Best Buy I normally go to and was told they do PM Newegg (however, I did not ask about this specific deal), so I will probably just go there and try again. I was just surprised Newegg is not a universally accepted price match for all of the stores (maybe it is and the manager was uninformed or difficult).

no go for me. I had to wait for Best Buy to open on the west coast, and by the time it did they were sold out. I tried telling them that if this had been an online order I could've called on the phone even though the store wasn't open in CA and PM'd. They said you can only PM in-store lol. Then they told me I would've had to return the $20 GC I got during the promo cuz it was double dipping eventhough I had PM'd officemax or whatever at the time and still got the GC. Moral of the story always order online with in-store pickup.

[quote name='technicalstylez']can confirm they work with 360. also, these fit rather tight, and i have a shaved head so they hurt lol. i ended up returning mine and getting the older ones instead.[/QUOTE]

how did you get them to work for 360? I'm assuming chat doesnt work though right?
I missed out on this deal and $100 was the price I was considering getting this too

They don't work wirelessly with Vita (since there is no bluetooth). They will work wirelessly with the PS3 and PC/Mac, but you have to plug in the USB dongle.

bread's done
Back