Did nintendo take away the ability to transfer mii's using a wiimote?

mrmagoo1974

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (100%)
This is a feature i used years ago within a year of getting my wii (at launch) to take my wii's to a friends house, but have not used the feature since, mainly because all my friends have internet and we can just send the mii's online. Just recently a friend of mine bought a wii and i wanted to take some of my mii's over there and snag some of his (he does not have a wireless router) so my only option is to put them on the wiimote and take them over. I now have a WII U with all my wii's transfered over to it, when i go to the "Regular Wii" menu and go into the wii plaza i notice that wiimote icon that let you transfer mii's to your wiimote is no longer there. Did i miss something? Did nintendo take this ability away? If so, is there any other "non online" way i can get my mii's to his machine? Can i use my 3ds? (transfer mii's from wii u to 3ds then from 3ds to his machine? and if that is possible does that work offline, like with bluetooth or online only? Thank you VERY much.

BTW, i tried so hard to check out a couple of those sticky threads above but there was so much info and alot of it seemed outdated, so i just asked my question in a new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a Wii U, but my 4.3 U Wii can still transfer Miis to the Wiimote. So maybe they changed something on the Mii Plaza for the Wii U.

Transferring Miis from a regular Wii to a 3DS works, but not vice versa.

The only way I see is to open up Mii Maker on 3DS and Wii U and hit Send/Receive Mii.

You can also make a QR code, don't know if that helps.

bread's done
Back