(DEAD)$12 The Killing Season 1 DVD set @ BestBuy/AMZ matched w/FSSS

Fair warning to those blind buying, if you want the complete case you are going to have get season 2 as well as the main mystery is not resolved in season 1.

I got the season 1 blu from best buy for 9.99 back in june.

the wife and I both enjoyed the first couple of episodes we saw, then some things came up and we forgot to keep watching. I know its on netflix, but it was hard to pass on it for the price.

I know a lot of people tend to hate on how long it took for them to reveal the killer, but I like the constant bait and switch of suspects. Even more than the story which can be ridiculous in moments...the acting is top notch. So man great performances.

Season 2 was more suspenseful, and I felt satisifed with the conclusion. Really excited about the discussion to bring it back for a 3rd season.

If you have never seen the show I suggest you don't buy blind. The show is a disaster. It had so much promise withe the pilot, but just dragged on. It wasn't the bait and switch that was the issue, it was just poorly done. The writers clearly had no plan for the storyline, and it got canceled for a reason. Half the audience doesn't ditch the show in a few episodes for no reason.

agree with bigdaddy. the pilot is really good but they resort to the same, maek this guy look guilty, oh it's not him way too many times. Add that to the fact they screwed you in the s1 finale and this show is thumbs down.

The second season isn't that much better either.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If you have never seen the show I suggest you don't buy blind. The show is a disaster. It had so much promise withe the pilot, but just dragged on. It wasn't the bait and switch that was the issue, it was just poorly done. The writers clearly had no plan for the storyline, and it got canceled for a reason. Half the audience doesn't ditch the show in a few episodes for no reason.[/QUOTE]

It was canceled, but it has been revived for a third season that will air in May next year this year.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It was canceled, but it has been revived for a third season that will air in May next year this year.[/QUOTE]

No where has that mean officially announced yet.

[quote name='bigdaddy']No where has that mean officially announced yet.[/QUOTE]

Apparently AMC gets to air the new episodes first, and Netflix is fronting the costs on S3 so they get rights to air them shortly after the initial airing (if I read that correctly).

I guess we won't "officially" know until AMC promotes it in a couple of months, but it seems pretty cut and dry as it is.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If you have never seen the show I suggest you don't buy blind. The show is a disaster. It had so much promise withe the pilot, but just dragged on. It wasn't the bait and switch that was the issue, it was just poorly done. The writers clearly had no plan for the storyline, and it got canceled for a reason. Half the audience doesn't ditch the show in a few episodes for no reason.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that opinion.

I am a patient viewer, I like the build up and the fact that anyone could be the killer really appealed to me. It seems like people want things to wrap up quickly, or progress at a faster pace. Often time the story being told needs more episodes to flesh things out. In comparison to the original version...yeah it took a lot longer to get to the end.

I really thought season 2 took off, and the last 4 episodes were powerful.

Just my take guys.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently AMC gets to air the new episodes first, and Netflix is fronting the costs on S3 so they get rights to air them shortly after the initial airing (if I read that correctly).

I guess we won't "officially" know until AMC promotes it in a couple of months, but it seems pretty cut and dry as it is.[/QUOTE]

No, it's all rumours at this point. AMC had a press release that the show was canceled.. Either Netflix or AMC needs to release a new one saying it's been uncanceled.

Once they start filming a third season is when I will believe it too.

Tvbythenumbers had a funny article on the fact that maybe they wanted a third season to fill in for Hell on Wheels, but now that that is coming back maybe The Killing will be canceled again. because we got all this talk of a third season, then it got really silent on the matter and they need to hurry it up if they want / need to make the May deadline.

And I'm glad the show has fans, all I'm saying is if you are thinking about blind buying it maybe look into it a little bit first.

that is a very good question.

mostly rumor sites, but there are two schools of thought. they take on another case which lasts the entire season (which is my preference) or they catch one/solve one every week or every other week.

my hope is that it involves some of the mob characters and a heavy dose of stan.

I think the show would benefit from smaller cases that lasted an episode or two (preferably 2), that maybe intertwined with a bigger case that would set up the finale. I realize there's only what, 12-13 episodes in a season for shows like this, but if they could make this dragged out BS work, they can certainly try and switch it up.

[quote name='HydroX']I think the show would benefit from smaller cases that lasted an episode or two (preferably 2), that maybe intertwined with a bigger case that would set up the finale. I realize there's only what, 12-13 episodes in a season for shows like this, but if they could make this dragged out BS work, they can certainly try and switch it up.[/QUOTE]

If the show does in fact get a third season this is what they should do. Have a new case, but while trying to solve that new case they also have a few smaller cases that last 2-3 episodes each. Would be a lot better than the filler we got in season 1.

[quote name='Capocci 007']With main case solved, what can they do?

I enjoyed the characters. I thought Halden was a great actor.[/QUOTE]

this.

the show isnt bad. it has some great moments and some bad moments. the show does jerk around who the killer is with entirely too many false leads a lot but it is certainly miles ahead of most other cop based shows that try and solve a murder mystery. the acting is also top notch and the scenery and setting is solid too and the factors are fleshed out fairly well.

honestly this show can stay gone 2 seasons is good. it doesnt really need more not when the main plot is solved.

bread's done
Back