* * * * * 2 votes

2013 Thrift Store Thread

#451 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yeah stuff just seems to trickle out randomly during the week, but sundays when they bring out more of the dersirable stuff we're after. I know my goodwill doesn't bring everything out at once as when I buy some games, the next day they immediately replenish the shelves with more games. I'm pretty sure it's all from one guy's donated collection as the discs and game cases are in above average condition. The same 20 copies of DJ Hero taht have been sitting on the shelves since January are still marked at 4.99 at my goodwill though. I'd consider getting a few for spare cases if they were to drop it to like .49.

#452 Shabow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

What's weird is that my Goodwill is very, very picky about putting all of their games in the glass case. It seems like none of their inventory turns over in the case. As for the consoles, if I don't see them next time I'm in there I'll ask someone to go back in the back and look for them. (if they're even there) My store has a pretty helpful worker that will go back and look for stuff for you. :)

#453 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4487 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

My Goodwills are pretty much random.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#454 MasaTFC   Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!! CAGiversary!   4823 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Genesis games were $3 each, vhs was $1, all of the game boy stuff was $6.50

Posted Image

All of the games below were $3 each
Posted Image

uh, check my list for the last battle and shadow blasters?:D

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trade List Magnificence! All Kinds of Stuff!

#455 evuong   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

uh, check my list for the last battle and shadow blasters?:D

Sorry. Those are going in my collection, I haven't seen genesis games in that good of a condition in a while.. The manuals look like they haven't even been opened.

#456 TrumpetDan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

TrumpetDan

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Lots of great finds! Makes me want to check my local shops more often. My last good find was the N64 Goldeneye for $3.50 ($1.75 after discount) a couple weeks ago.

#457 spmahn  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Goodwill here only puts stuff out maybe 2 or 3 times a week when the handicapped guys are working

#458 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Today I got:

Final Fantasy X-2-2.99
KOTOR 2: 2.99
Kirby's Dreamland 2: 2.99
Dissidia 012: 4.99
Pikachu edition GBA SP: 24.99
Gladius (xbox) 5.99
Oddworld Strangers Wrath: 4.99

The GBA will make a nice profit as will KOTOR. The rest is for me.
www.vg-force.com

#459 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks to sp00ge for the heads up (somewhere back in this thread...), but I found a PS3 Guitar Hero World Tour Controller with the USB guitar dongle for $4. The guitar dongles themselves are worth at least $25 (the ones with the two extra USB ports), I never would of thought to check otherwise if it wasn't for his comment.

#460 Neuropod   Fine work, skeleton! CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Heh, I also picked up a nice Guitar Hero controller today, for 360. I think it's from GH5 or 6 (edit: nope, it's from 4) - it's in great shape and works good, hopefully It'll make a good little flip.

But I also found something much cooler.

Posted Image

Play Arts Cloud from FFVII: Advent Children for $8! It was mixed in with a bunch of old N'Sync dolls and WWE figures :lol: and I almost missed it. It's not new but it is complete in box in very good shape (yes they wrote the price on with marker but it came right off thanks to Magic Erasers.) Of course I'd rather have the original Cloud or better yet the Dissidia version, but for 8 bucks this is amazing.

Edited by N3UROP0D, 08 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#461 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4487 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Nice fine on Cloud. My friend gave me the same exact figure for my Birthday. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#462 TheHeef   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Wrote off another Goodwill today. Batavia, IL...had a fat PS2, no cables, no cords for $25. To beat that, they had New Super Mario Bros. Wii, opened, for 50! What a joke!

Dead to me.

#463 RenoTurk11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

RenoTurk11

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

I never find anything at my local Goodwills. I sometimes feel funny walking in there though and people look at me like I don't belong there or something. I usually go after work so I guess it may be the work attire (dress pants, shirt, shoes, etc).
I do love seeing the people with the escalades and BMW's lined up outside the Goodwill though. Doesn't make much sense to me but whatever lol.
A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool. - Reno, FFVII

#464 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4570 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Was in my local Good Will and looked in the glass case and saw a Wii that had a sticker on it that said $9.99. I got excited then noticed another sticker on the side that said $49.99. I guess the price sticker gun was running out of ink.

Also saw a row of about 20 PS2 sports games. Part of me wonders if it was a full collection that was cherry picked before I showed up, but since there wasn't anything other than sports titles I can only hope that someone just dumped the crap games they didn't play anymore.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#465 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

The guitar dongles themselves are worth at least $25 (the ones with the two extra USB ports), I never would of thought to check otherwise if it wasn't for his comment.

Really? Like the white ones that have the Rock Band logo on them? I have a Large Flat Rate box full of those..

I never got in to Guitar Hero/Rock Band so I don't know much about them. I knew the wireless guitars have value but all the other pieces I just pile in boxes waiting to do who knows what with them.

#466 GoAztecs   Aztec Fire CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

I visited a charity run thrift store yesterday and picked up Shadowman for the Dreamcast for $4. I left Tomb Raider game and the Dreamcast console ($30). It's been awhile since I've seen any game related stuff at any thrift store

#467 Jnova80   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

Picked up LittleBigPlanet GOTY and Final Fantasy VIII (PC) for $3.25 a piece. I honestly had no idea they made a PC version of FFVIII. Pretty cool.

#468 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   428 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of My World My Way at the Goodwill in North Adams, MA. NEVER expected to see that game in a 'retail' setting again. $15 and worth every penny.

#469 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

I just got a copy of The Neverhood last night for 3 bucks from a local savers. now Im not a PC gamer kinda guy at all (unless you count when best buy was giving out cod4 and star wars force unleashed for free) but I saw it and remembered that a lot of people in this thread have picked it up.

I looked at the value on ebay etc...and its worth as much as $50?! Whats the story on it? Is it really that rare? I googled but couldnt really find a reason why.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#470 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Has anyone seen Goodwill or other thrift shops price games at ebay prices?

Thought I found some good stuff today- Rogue Galaxy, Valkyrie Profile 2 and Dragon Warrior VII (PSX) and asked to seem them from behind the case. DW7 was $40! At Goodwill...Goodwill. Still hard to fathom.

#471 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

This is what I've picked up since last sunday. I just had to get these even though I already had bender.
Posted Image
Other stuff I got throughout the week. Both headsets work and were probably just opened in the store. Might sell the MadCatz head set but I think I'll give that to my little brother as his part of his Birthday present. The Mass Effect Steelbook is in pretty good condition. Small pencil point sized dent in the front but hardly noticable. Everything else in excellent condition.
Posted Image
And my best find of the week.
Posted Image
Paid $5 for the guitar and the drums! The guitar works great so far but is missing the battery cover, no biggie. Haven't tested the drum kit yet though. Now I never had a stratocastor but is the strum bar supposed to be kinda squishy? I'm used to hearing the click clacks of GH guitars. Really happy with this week's finds.

#472 Peep   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Picked up a Panasonic DVX200 P2 today for $200. Killer score. Also got a vintage Herman Miller Eames Aluminum Executive chair for $200. Another steal. Great day

#473 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Forza Motorsport 5
XONE

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Now I never had a stratocastor but is the strum bar supposed to be kinda squishy? I'm used to hearing the click clacks of GH guitars. Really happy with this week's finds.

Yup. It takes some getting used to but it's much less noisy, which keeps roommates/family from getting too annoyed.

#474 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks, thought I was gonna have to open that sucker up and clean it or something.

#475 TheHeef   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Has anyone seen Goodwill or other thrift shops price games at ebay prices?

Thought I found some good stuff today- Rogue Galaxy, Valkyrie Profile 2 and Dragon Warrior VII (PSX) and asked to seem them from behind the case. DW7 was $40! At Goodwill...Goodwill. Still hard to fathom.

It gets worse. shopgoodwill.com

#476 TrumpetDan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

TrumpetDan

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

I finally managed to get to some thrift shops on a good day! Picked up this haul at a Goodwill and Savers today. About $35 for it all.

NES: Double Dragon II, The Karate Kid, Kung Fu, Robocop, Kid Niki, Wizards & Warriors, and Willow (all carts only)
Genesis: Sonic 2 (cart only), Super Hang-On (box and cart), Columns (box, manual, and cart)
Dreamcast: Virtua Tennis and Space Channel 5 (cases, manuals, and discs)

My brother and I also passed on some N64 carts at Goodwill, all wrestling titles.

#477 Cowman715   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Cowman715

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Picked up a few things yesterday.

From Garage Sale
Time Crisis 3 in box with 2 guns (Case and manual included) but missing the Female-female Male-female piece. Still only 5 bucks so I grabbed it.

From Flea Market
Batman Returns Snes for 2.00

From Goodwill
Extreme G III Gamecube 1.99
Splinter Cell Gamecube 1.99
Metroid Prime Gamecube 2.99
Gamecube Controller (Purple) Great condition 5.99

#478 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

Power base converter was 3.99 in box with the manual.

Games are:

Outrun
Gaiares
Bio Hazard Battle
Thunder Force 2
Flasback (cib)
Kolibri (32x)
Zaxxons Motherbase 2000 (32x)

All 2.99 each. Missed a couple other good ones, notably Strider, as they were in an abnormal spot for this Goodwill and another guy was going through them by the time I got there
www.vg-force.com

#479 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Picked up Breaking Bad Season 1 today for $2. One of the discs was missing, but I've been wanting to share this show with a friend so $2 was a deal to me.

#480 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

You know theres nothing decent when you walk out empty handed on 50% off Media day......:(

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites