* * * * * 2 votes

2013 Thrift Store Thread

#781 Doomstink   AUTOBOT CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

@mguiddy Haha I don't collect for the PC, but I am definitely looking to trade them

@lord darias Thanks, I had no idea that site had prices for PC games

The prices on VGPC are not for complete in box games. Just hop on eBay and type in "(insert title here) pc complete" then click sold listings at the top. It will show all the past listings and what they sold for.

The cheapest Holiday Lemmings on the internet right now is $51, so there's a good chance it is worth around that much.

Designer, Programmer, and Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios. We made Saturday Morning RPG, Breach & Clear, Fat Chicken, and Breach & Clear: Deadline!
Download Saturday Morning RPG for free on your iOS device.
Saturday Morning RPG is on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux!
Background021-300x125.png

#782 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I don't know what it is but I have found SO many Rock band drums and guitars this year! I've got 5 sets of drums and 6 guitars still in my basement and have flipped at least 7 guitars online and to a local games store.

Posted Image

This was a pretty nice find. Found a set of Wireless 360 Rock Band drums at a local thrift store. Asked the price and they told me $5. I picked this up, tested them out, and they work great!

#783 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

The prices on VGPC are not for complete in box games. Just hop on eBay and type in "(insert title here) pc complete" then click sold listings at the top. It will show all the past listings and what they sold for.

While I agree that active eBay searching gives you a better idea for the most up to date value for complete auctions, VGPC is becoming a bit more updated, now having Loose, CIB, and New sections on their website for each game, before the ambiguous New and Used categories.

Not sure how good the bot is that decides if an auction is CIB or not though...

#784 Megaman817   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Megaman817

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Found yesterday 5/7/13
- FF7 complete (black label) $4
Crazy, I was thinking I'd never find another one for cheap. I just happened to have 40 mins before my job started so I walked in about 9:30ish , walked around and didn't see anything. Until I walked past the books and saw a lady on the ground digging through records. I walked behind her, and scanned above her and saw FF7 sitting on a record :0 I snatched with the quickness lol walked away and opened it up and found everything there, which is rare as everything away from the locked case gets stolen and case gets left smh.

Next I found FFX stuck between DVDs, missing manual but is black label. Been wanting to play and actually beat the game, but with the military and school no time really. It was $4

Also found a Tom-Tom I believe that's what is was called? GPS for $8 still in the box. Haven't tested yet. Need a back up GPS other than my phone, until I get a new one.

#785 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Found some good stuff this week.

All three Bandai Legend of Heroes PSP games (not Trails in the Sky, the other 3). Already have them but for 4.99 each, I figure I can lot them up on eBay for 40.00 or so.

Pokemon the First Three Movies set (rough but in good working order) for 1.99. This goes for 80-100 so I was happy of course.

I actually think that is it but those two made me happy, ha ha.
www.vg-force.com

#786 wheels  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Recently I found a Sega Genesis 2 console with the power supply and rf for $4, it works.
Also picked up an original Xbox console for $5 in hopes that the power supply would be the same version as my Halo edition Xbox I found a few weeks back that doesn't power on , no luck but now i have a 4th original xbox

#787 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10076 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Recently I found a Sega Genesis 2 console with the power supply and rf for $4, it works.
Also picked up an original Xbox console for $5 in hopes that the power supply would be the same version as my Halo edition Xbox I found a few weeks back that doesn't power on , no luck but now i have a 4th original xbox

What power supply are you looking for? I have 6 old xboxes just collecting dust.

EDIT:

Not a huge find, but yesterday I picked up a complete PS2 Slim in good condition for $20 for the Monroeville GW.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#788 wheels  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

@sp00ge I think it's the v1.2-1.5, I'll double check later today. I just found 2 more xboxs today for $5 each ended up buying one to try my luck again. the other one had soda dried up and sticky all over it.

Edit: the box I got today had a copy of Halo 2 in it! The console works and plays the game but the disc drive sounds like a lawnmower.

Edited by wheels, 10 May 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#789 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Found some good stuff this week.

All three Bandai Legend of Heroes PSP games (not Trails in the Sky, the other 3). Already have them but for 4.99 each, I figure I can lot them up on eBay for 40.00 or so.

Before you sell, I'd really suggest you play them if you haven't already. I've played throught the first 3 and working on for. I even went as far that my son's name is Avin. I didn't tell my wife where it came from until after we got his birth certificate ;)

#790 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

Before you sell, I'd really suggest you play them if you haven't already. I've played throught the first 3 and working on for. I even went as far that my son's name is Avin. I didn't tell my wife where it came from until after we got his birth certificate ;)

How many nights did you sleep on the couch?

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#791 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

How many nights did you sleep on the couch?

None actually. I got her to where the name grew on her and when I finally 'broke the news', she suspected it and didn't really care. Way less drama than I would have thought.

I originally wanted to name him Draknor. I told my wife that if he was going to be a Vampire Killer he needed a Vampire Hunter name. She didn't buy it.

#792 yourlefthand   Daddy Gamer CAGiversary!   1715 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

yourlefthand

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

I found an xbox action replay yesterday for $4.

#793 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4651 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Saw a few copies of Two Worlds II marked for 29.99. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#794 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10076 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

Another "eh" trip to Goodwill today. Got a disc/case copy of Gauntlet Dark Legacy :xbox: for $2. I also got prematurely excited when I found a college hoops game for the :360:. It was 2k7, and only worth about $5-6, so I passed.

I also picked up a Sony CDP-CX210 200-disc CD changer for $10. I had my eyes peeled for a changer for awhile now and any I've found have only been 50-100 disc for $40+, so this one is a definite deal. I already have it installed and it works awesome.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#795 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

None actually. I got her to where the name grew on her and when I finally 'broke the news', she suspected it and didn't really care. Way less drama than I would have thought.

I originally wanted to name him Draknor. I told my wife that if he was going to be a Vampire Killer he needed a Vampire Hunter name. She didn't buy it.

Nice.

Alucard would be better

No finds recently >.> I've pretty much learned that any non sports / shovelware game priced at $3 should be an instant buy.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#796 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   954 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

I already had the legend of heroes games. Only played Trails in the Sky but own all four.
www.vg-force.com

#797 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   11986 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

I pretty much just use VideoGames Price charting to figure out how good of a deal I'm getting. I never would pay the "market price" listed there. Ebay is so inflated.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#798 Greg613   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just picked up these all CIB for $4 each.

Silent Hill [Greatest Hits] PS1
Silent Hill 2 PS2
Silent Hill 3 PS2

Not a bad afternoon.

#799 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Nice finds this week
Posted Image
Each console was $5 as none had cords and weren't tested. I thought goodwill was gonna price them at 60+ for sure. Mario Bros. 2 and 3 were a buck each. Not in the picture but I found a cart only NSMB without a tag. Cashier just went with .49 since she had to price it on the fly. All the 360's have the RROD and two of the disc trays aren't working. I'm gonna try to fix one of the white one's and if it pans out I'll fix the Halo one for my little brother's room.

#800 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   11986 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

nice. Even at $5 if you can't fix them, it's a worthwhile gamestop flip.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#801 Olengie   Yukari & Rise are Best Girls. CAGiversary!   4651 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I"m surprised they actually sold the 360s for $5 a pop. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#802 white3er   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

So all the games at Savers has been moved to the front of the store on an endcap bc of all the ppl stealing the games. I walk in and see nothing but sport titles so I walk around the store for 20 minutes checking out the other stuff. When I am ready to go I check the games again to find a fresh stock of A-title gamecube games. SSB $9.99, Mario Kart $4.99, Super Monkey ball - $1.99 and all the other games were $2.99

[IMG][IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1292/dscf5979b.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Posted Image

#803 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

So all the games at Savers has been moved to the front of the store on an endcap bc of all the ppl stealing the games. I walk in and see nothing but sport titles so I walk around the store for 20 minutes checking out the other stuff. When I am ready to go I check the games again to find a fresh stock of A-title gamecube games. SSB $9.99, Mario Kart $4.99, Super Monkey ball - $1.99 and all the other games were $2.99

[IMG][IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1292/dscf5979b.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/ba/ba391049_comment-friday-damn.jpeg#friday%20damn%20504x254[/IMG]

#804 nintendospy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

nintendospy

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Nice! I've never found anything half as good as that.

#805 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I went yesterday and seen a $9 Gamecube and a $6 Gamecube, passed. I hear this kid saying something like "I cant believe they have this here". I look over and hes showing his grandma a N64 with 2 controllers and then puts it in the cart and says "I wonder if they have any games somewhere?".........thats when my jealous ass walks over to the dvd section real fast! Nothing but the same DJ Heros and some sports games......glance over and see 3 SNES games. Left Wheel Of Fortune and Lion King but grabbed Mario AllStars.

I got 10 mins before I have to get back to work............line is long as hell. I put the game in a box on a shelf and left. Went back today and got it, the other SNES games were gone though so good thing I thought about hiding the good one. I cant help but feel like I also missed out on the SNES itself and some good games for all 3 systems.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

#806 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

The Savers in my area has never been near as kind, always overpriced and nothing ever noteworthy, though most of the items are in good shape / complete. Also this particular Savers doesn't allow returns on media, which is why I routinely shop at GW instead.

Stopped by my GW over the weekend and found someone donated a modest Wii collection. Only game I found worth the $4.99 sticker was :wii: Resident Evil 4, which I've always wanted to play and came in great, complete shape. Shame this person didn't have much taste otherwise (Far Cry Vengeance, anyone?), as every game was in as good of condition.

#807 MasaTFC   Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!! CAGiversary!   4823 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

stopped by the GW this morning because a stupid client canceled on me. Picked up a copy of NBA2K10 for 360 and a SW TFU guide for 3 bucks after my "student" discount.

ask to see a box behind the counter after I pay, and the is a Saturn with 2 guns, 2 controllers, and about 5 games (2 without the case). the price- $99.99 I told the lady thats way too much for me and she ask "how much then?" I said 40 is the best I could do, so she says I can ask the manager if thats ok. I said don't worry about it, but kind of am kicking myself for not getting at least a No from management.

but its not like I play the one I have anyway...

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trade List Magnificence! All Kinds of Stuff!

#808 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10076 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

stopped by the GW this morning because a stupid client canceled on me. Picked up a copy of NBA2K10 for 360 and a SW TFU guide for 3 bucks after my "student" discount.

ask to see a box behind the counter after I pay, and the is a Saturn with 2 guns, 2 controllers, and about 5 games (2 without the case). the price- $99.99 I told the lady thats way too much for me and she ask "how much then?" I said 40 is the best I could do, so she says I can ask the manager if thats ok. I said don't worry about it, but kind of am kicking myself for not getting at least a No from management.

but its not like I play the one I have anyway...

Which GW?

#809 MasaTFC   Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!! CAGiversary!   4823 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

the one in Hampton on route 8. I may go back tomorrow, but time probably won't permit.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trade List Magnificence! All Kinds of Stuff!

#810 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10076 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

It's all yours. Too far for me to bother.

Today I picked up a few Gamecube controllers, all official wired for $2/ea. Two platinum and one spice, which is the one color I've been trying to get.

Also, if anyone in Pittsburgh has small feet (~mens 7.5), my GW has a shitload of brand new steel toe boots and shoes for 3.99. All kinds of brands. They were priced 20+ a few days ago, but because of the small size, they are clearing them out.

I picked up the only pair of Doc Martens last week for $25, and the manager I'm friendly with said she'd give me a price adjustment if I bring my receipt in when she's working tomorrow. $4 for a pair of brand new Doc Martens, can't beat that.

BTW - the Docs were size 8, and I wear 8.5 normally (yeah, small feet, :hot:). They are a little snug, but should be okay once they are broken in.