- - - - -

Newegg 32gb PNY USB Stick for $13.99 for Xbox 360

#31 IronsideGrunt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronsideGrunt

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

PNY is very shady for me. I've dealt with their products for PCs for awhile now and they are very cheap in my experience. 1/2 the time they work, the other 1/2 the time they don't, and come messed up right out of the box.

I saw a deal for a 32gb PNY Attache like this awhile ago but passed because I just can't trust their products. This is my personal experience with them so it depends, YMMV. I've read people say the stuff they make is great but again, from my experience, its very shady.

#32 teddybass   Minor Threat CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

same here, i bought a 64gb pny at best buy 4 months ago and it just died on me this month, it's first usb drive that I experienced a failure with, and I have close to a dozen of them by now... trying to get an RMA on their site now since I found the original receipt for it...

#33 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

They used to be good for me soooo long ago but they are meh now. These good for throwing in the trash. reliable they are not in my exp..

#34 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I have this exact same drive and I can attest that compared to my 32gb Sandisk, this one is certainly slow during writes...

and never use these drives as backups, plenty of these have crapped out on me when I accidentally pull it without doing a proper removal

#35 SeanTM22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I picked up two at BB for $12.99 the other day. I think its this one but it shows $20 online for some reason

http://www.bestbuy.c...b pny&cp=1&lp=1

#36 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4704 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have this exact same drive and I can attest that compared to my 32gb Sandisk, this one is certainly slow during writes...

and never use these drives as backups, plenty of these have crapped out on me when I accidentally pull it without doing a proper removal

I think I'm just going to use mine to move over some XBLA games and DLC that I don't play much of. Maybe all my Rock Band DLC, too. Even with the slow write (and it is pretty slow), it's much faster to copy than to redownload, at least for me. Sounds like I definitely shouldn't store saves on it, or at least have a backup somewhere.

#37 donbaloo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not the PNY but I grabbed this Team 32G from Newegg just the other day. Was 17$ then but 19 now. Well priced, free shipping, very well reviewed, and fired right up on my Xbox.