Best 7 inch tablet

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
258 (100%)
I'm considering dumping my HP touchpad since the battery life seems subpar with ICS installed. What 7 inch tablet is the best right now? I'm leaning towards the nexus 7 since I have credit at gamestop. Thoughts?

I have the Nexus 7 and I really like it. Wifi works great and I've had no lockup or freezing issues in the 4 months i've had it :) The full Google play app store is available - it's kind of like an Android phone but larger. I picked up a $10 case and screen protector for it and no issues.

Lots of customizable options too, just like a phone.

I recently played with the iPad mini and it is pretty sweet (though expensive). Even though there is no retina display the small screen looks GREAT. Battery life is also good.

I also played with a MS Surface tablet for about 5 minutes and it seemed really cool too - same interface as Windows and you can log in using your XBL account. The keyboard cover is really nice and MS Office appears to work great.

So I have no idea. I am also in the market for one in the next year or so and there are a lot of options.

I had the chance to play with the iPad Mini over the new year from a friend. It's light and responsive, but I find it annoyingly difficult to switch between browser and app (for example, I have the browser showing a music sheet and the piano app to play it). The four fingers swipe is not a familiar command for me (I couldn't do it with ease). On the other hand, I was able to switch between apps on the Android with ease.

[quote name='Serpentor']Nexus 7... The GPS function, does it work without WiFi/data plan?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read you can use maps offline if you download them. So I guess if you have a destination prior to leaving a wi-fi area you can plan your route and download it.

Go with the Nexus 7. My sister and father both have one and they both love it. Are you going to sell the HP Touchpad? If so, how much were you looking for it and what is the condition?

I love my ipad mini. Fits perfectly in my hands for game play and travels awesome. Graphics and all still look good on it too

[quote name='jkam']From what I've read you can use maps offline if you download them. So I guess if you have a destination prior to leaving a wi-fi area you can plan your route and download it.[/QUOTE]
Ah, good to know, thanks!

Just got the Ipad Mini a few days ago and love it. Also had the first Kindle Fire and thought it was decent for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FidelityNy']Go with the Nexus 7. My sister and father both have one and they both love it. Are you going to sell the HP Touchpad? If so, how much were you looking for it and what is the condition?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm going to sell the touchpad. The condition is like new, had it in the case since day one and haven't had it out of the house too much. It has the HP case and I also have the Touchstone charger. I guess PM me an offer.

The Nexus 7 is slick. I would definitely recommend it. I haven't had hands on experience with it for very long, but so far it's perfect.

I will confirm that GPS still works offline, sort of. If you program your route while connected to Wifi, it will track you and still give you directions. However, if you take a wrong turn or something, it won't be able to reroute you - you'll have to go back to where you originally went off the path. Still works pretty well :)

[quote name='Katsumi']I will confirm that GPS still works offline, sort of. If you program your route while connected to Wifi, it will track you and still give you directions. However, if you take a wrong turn or something, it won't be able to reroute you - you'll have to go back to where you originally went off the path. Still works pretty well :)[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see, thanks so much for the info, appreciated!

Cheap Beats By Dre However when you may very well know,you certainly will acquire a bunch from beats pro wholly wrong things happened inside our on a daily basis lives.It¡¯s only mentioned that over-all within your addresses inside our circular image witness therefore harmful and threatening.Just what exactly on this planet we should always do when we¡¯re looking at so exhausting location? Enjoy the track while using the allow of monster beats professional headphone is nice to manage your problematic.Economical Monster Beats Studio headsets dre beats professional headphones encompass incredibly multi-colored and besides that glowing patterns which could permit you to have quite possibly just about essentially the most eye-catching in the event you be walking inside the dre beats pro.It consists of the finest layout with the physical appearance which usually make available the enthusiastic sensation because of this make you to obtain the eye-catching own to the checklist of current market.

Beats By Dre cheap heartbeats by lady gaga beats by dr dre in-ear headphone.There are various merchandise listed on its online websites on what a person magnificent lower price tag beats by dr dre heartbeats by woman gaga beats by dr dre in-ear headphone.raised out of your strictest not recognised approaches for way of life.You are likely to get to the very best.noises by dre services space heaphones beats headphone sale.

Beats By Dre You will discover various superstars and singers need to hold good thing about monster beats.May perhaps you happen to be even now questioning what to purchase for this Xmas,why don't you maintain Monster Beats into consideration?Monster Beats headphones is genuinely a truly well-known model inside the environment,it could presumably be well-known because of its trendy sequence and fantastic functions.It may well furnish among the the probably one of the many most definition tone top amount of most effective quality alongside choosing the dynamical rhyme at any time you happen to be hearing within the route inside tunes also it could grant you you probably amongst the most brilliant tunes excursion inside the evening or would probably you're enjoyable your get it done your do it on your own inside from the releasing afternoon tea time.

beats by dre sale You can successfully treasure the yummy foods and enjoy the enjoyable tunes for the particularly actual correct time.The shining sequence along utilizing the remarkable tone very best degree of finest excellent give the best competing with other brand of dre beats headphones.A guidebook For determining onBeats by dre Shaping clothes Body shapers are certainly nothing brand know new.Beats by dre were absolutely placing them on inside of only one form or an extra for decades.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster company has introduced its very first two post-Monster goods
Beats by dre green monday is famous the CPI arrive more up internationally
Monster enterprise has produced its initial two post-Monster
Monster Headphones stands out given that the most suitable option for everyone
Beats by dre have been fully placing them on inside of of just one form or an extra for decades

My Nexus 7 was the ONLY purchase I made last year where I had no buyers remorse. I get remorse about spending ANY money so this is saying a lot. It's fast, I haven't had any crashing issues, very customizable (although you don't have to), sideloading is a snap (for example the xbox smart glass app wasn't initially supported but I sideloaded it on), and you can install the Amazon app store for some healthy competition between app sellers.

The Tegra chipset by Nvidia is awesome as well and the graphics resolution was pretty impressive for a non-retina display (but the iPad mini isn't either so there ya go!).

I can't recommend enough.

I ended up getting a nexus 7 mainly due to the Gamestop credit I had but I'm digging it so far. I like the smaller 7 inch tablet form factor and it's so much lighter than the touchpad. The battery life is better than the touchpad or at least sleeps better...probably due to the custom android rom on the touchpad. Overall though it's a great device. Happy with the purchase.

bread's done
Back