Wii Remote AC adapter- $34.99 + $5 USPS shipping from teachwithtech.com

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
For those of us elite who don't give a shit about waggle games and want to play Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story without having to waste batteries, I found this solution-

http://teachwithtech.com/AC-DC-Adapter-and-Wii-Remote-Insert-p15.html

58.jpg

Google won't give me a result for anything else, so this is the best we can have, I guess.

For $35 you could be a nice set of eneloop batteries and a charger and still be able to waggle....I don't see the benefit to this.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']For $35 you could be a nice set of eneloop batteries and a charger and still be able to waggle....I don't see the benefit to this.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do. Love my eneloops, which are also used in my 360 controllers, Wii balance board and flashlights. For that amount of money, get some eneloops for use everywhere.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't see the benefit to this.[/QUOTE]

Some guys don't like having to charge batteries, or if the batteries somehow dissipate (as has happened with all of my rechargeables), then this is the next best thing.

Just got it in today and it works perfectly. There's also enough slack from the cable that you can do some waggle worry-free.

Interesting progression we have going here.

First portable time keeper, pocket watch. People got tired of taking it out of their pocket, wrist watch invented. People get phones/smart phones which they keep in their pocket and use those to keep track of time. Pocket->Wrist->Pocket.

Now the OP is saying a similar thing with some peoples desires for this product. Up until last gen we were tied down by wired controllers. There were some for the PS2/XBOX/GC, but they weren't the standard. With the 360/Wii/PS3 we went 100% wireless as a standard. This product brings it back to being wired...I still fail to see the usefulness of moving backwards for the sake of not liking batteries.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Interesting progression we have going here.

First portable time keeper, pocket watch. People got tired of taking it out of their pocket, wrist watch invented. People get phones/smart phones which they keep in their pocket and use those to keep track of time. Pocket->Wrist->Pocket.

Now the OP is saying a similar thing with some peoples desires for this product. Up until last gen we were tied down by wired controllers. There were some for the PS2/XBOX/GC, but they weren't the standard. With the 360/Wii/PS3 we went 100% wireless as a standard. This product brings it back to being wired...I still fail to see the usefulness of moving backwards for the sake of not liking batteries.[/QUOTE]

This is a battery-less solution. No different than having a laptop or tablet computer constantly connected to an AC adapter.

I bought enelope at first cuz it was bundled with the charger but then i invested in amazonbasics AAs and they are awesome in terms of performance.

If you look at the product description and what teachwithtech sells, you'll see this product was not meant for gaming.  Apparently, this wii remote is mounted to the ceiling and they use an infrared pen to create an inexpensive interactive whiteboard...pretty cool!

I don't really see the point of using this wired setup for gaming, but I could see that changing batteries on a wii remote mounted to a ceiling would be annoying.  This is where the value in this product would be : ) 

bread's done
Back