Free Elder Scrolls for PC

Irate Drake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I didnt see this posted on here, so im copying straight from my site Thumbstick Gamer.

This is for you PC gamers out there. Bethesda is giving away the Elder Scrolls 1 and 2 for free.

All you have to do is go to the following links:

Arena (Elder Scrolls 1): http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/

Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls 2): http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Download and install.

The games look dated from the pictures I'm looking at, but for anyone looking to play them or interested on how the story began, here you go.

Enjoy all.

ancient, but I guess it's good for those that don't know? it's a pain to get them to run on modern machines though, not worth it for me. it be cool if they remade the old games with their newest engine ( at least the basic plot and quest possiblities) but I heard daggerfall randomly generated everything...

Never played any of the pre-Xbox Elder Scrolls, it'll be cool to start from the beginning. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Esphyrian']Never played any of the pre-Xbox Elder Scrolls, it'll be cool to start from the beginning. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Both were of amazing scope of their time -
I loved how Arena had riddles for picking up the main quest items - as this was pre-internet days, I would share the riddles with my family and friends and we would sometimes spend days trying to figure them out, and I still remember some of the riddles today.
Enjoy if you play it!

[quote name='BNoyes']Will these run in Windows 7 or do you need an emulator?[/QUOTE]

You'll need to run them through a DOS emulator. Instructions on how to do so are included in the zip file provided by Bethesda.

Daggerfall was an incredible game, especially in scope for its day. It was insanely huge, the entire continent of Tamirel. That was my first step into Elder Scrolls. I never played enough of Arena, though.

If you can put up with some 'archaic' graphics and methodology, then they're must plays. If you find Morrowind or even Oblivion 'grossly outdated', obviously avoid :lol:

Thanks OP I would have not known of this without your post.

I think a few of you guys are being a little picky calling out a re-post considering the original post was in 2009.As if anyone would be scrolling through posts from 4 years ago.

Spiffy! I hope to see Redguard someday. It was a freebie with my voodoo card back in the day, but I never got to play it.

Thanks for the post, mate.

[quote name='osso1']Thanks OP did not know of this
Now I have 1 thru 5[/QUOTE]

Wow this was posted on DealNews.com
Seems they read CAG

The Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall for PC downloads for free
Elder Scrolls offers downloads of The Elder Scrolls Arena for Windows (pictured) and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall for Windows for free. That's the first such deal we've seen and the best price we could find for these fantasy adventure games.

Again Thanks for Posting

bread's done
Back