$10 each Heroes DVD sets seasons 1 thru 4 w/Free Shipping @ BestBuy

I only watched the pilot episode for this show and always look at the sets in Target when they go on sale. I think the last time they were at $10 there but they didn't have Season 4. Was very tempted. But since these are all on BD too, and roughly $20 for a season on that, maybe one day those will drop. This is tempting..I'm just not sure I want in on DVD..damn, choices!

Would be tempted if these were Blu-Ray. I remember loving the show during the first couple of seasons, but stopped watching because the show kind of dropped off in quality.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Would be tempted if these were Blu-Ray. I remember loving the show during the first couple of seasons, but stopped watching because the show kind of dropped off in quality.[/QUOTE]

I agree this was one of the shows that the Writers Strike killed all momentum it had going for it and when they returned it wasn't the same.

[quote name='joshnorm']I agree this was one of the shows that the Writers Strike killed all momentum it had going for it and when they returned it wasn't the same.[/QUOTE]

I don't feel that it's fair to blame the writers' strike - the second season was already complete garbage before it hit. I credit Bryan Fuller for the success of the first season, and with his departure, it just became one horrible storytelling trainwreck after another.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I remembered the BR sets being 20 bucks on BF weekend.[/QUOTE]
They were $8.99 for the BR sets on BF weekend at one point. That's how much I got season one for through Amazon, at least (the only one worth watching, IMO).

I watched all of theses last week and could not believe it didnt get a proper ending I hate watching shows for 4 seasons straight and no conclusion seriously

[quote name='simmias']They were $8.99 for the BR sets on BF weekend at one point. That's how much I got season one for through Amazon, at least (the only one worth watching, IMO).[/QUOTE]

I got all 4 for $8.99

I don't mind seasons 2-4 at all. The writers strike screwed over season 2 because it really could of been great. That ended up screwing up the story for season 3 and eventually season 4

I'm tired of hearing how the writers strike ruined the show. Season 2 was meh from the get go with the slow pace and introducing pointless new characters. No excuse with what they did with season 3 onwards and lack of direction for all the characters.

[quote name='Vash1306']I'm tired of hearing how the writers strike ruined the show. Season 2 was meh from the get go with the slow pace and introducing pointless new characters. No excuse with what they did with season 3 onwards and lack of direction for all the characters.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see what was wrong with season 2 or 3 for that matter. Season 2 was a bit too short but that's it. The writers strike screwed up the whole story arc. Season 2 had to be shortened and changed because of the strike. Tim Kring also said this screwed up what they wanted to do with season 3. I actually really enjoyed season 2. So yes, the writers strike is an excuse for the downfall of the show. I'm sick of hearing people say skip season 2-4. They really weren't that bad at all. You're saying season 2 sucked because of slow pace and pointless characters. They only got through 11 of their planned 24 episodes. And which characters were pointless? The show would of been boring if they kept using the same characters over and over. You can't Call of Duty a show.

Here's a synopsis of what changed
Season two coincided with the WGA writers' strike, meaning only 11 out of the planned 24 episodes were produced.[32] This forced the producers to redesign the season to encompass only the Generations volume out of the three planned.[33] The planned third volume, Exodus,[34] which was originally designed to be a story arc reflecting the effects of the release of strain 138 of the Shanti virus, was canceled. The planned fourth volume, Villains, was changed to the third volume and moved into season three.[5] Scenes from the volume two finale, "Powerless", were reshot to reflect the cancellation of the Exodus volume, and to tie up all the loose plot storylines of Generations.[35][36]

[quote name='ray2dee']I watched all of theses last week and could not believe it didnt get a proper ending I hate watching shows for 4 seasons straight and no conclusion seriously[/QUOTE]

You watched them all....in one week? fuck!

They have been in talks to do a miniseries to wrap it up, but with Quinto and Panettiete being so busy and successful elsewhere it'll be hard to pin them down for a shoot in the near future. I think they all want to wrap it up neatly for the fans though.

[quote name='Mako1215']Remember.

There is no ending.[/QUOTE]

I loved the show but this really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It just wasn't in the cards for Heroes. The ratings were in such a downfall by the time season 4 hit that it really had no chance for a proper wrap up. It's a shame too because it really could of been a good show overall. Obviously the show had flaws (leaving Peter's girlfriend in the future and forgetting about her in subsequent seasons), but it was still a good watch imo. The only storyline I really hated was Maya/Sylar/Alejandro from Season 2. That felt way too tacked on

bread's done
Back