PS Vita Memory card price cut for 2013 confirmed by Sony

[quote name='Enuf']http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/01/02/ps-vita-memory-card-price-cut-for-2013/

They should drop them by 50% but my guess would be more like 30%-40%

Hopefully this means new bundles with larger memory cards hopefully with a system price cut too. If there's some more news with larger game franchises @ E3 or rumored for E3 this could get Sony back into the fight.[/QUOTE]
Did you buy a PS Vita at launch or are you waiting for the inevitable price cut that will happen in 2013? Sony has already confirmed that a reduction in price will happen, but obviously nobody knows how much will be discounted off the original price and when such a move will happen. As we wait for the main hardware to become cheaper, we have some good news for those of you who are looking to pick up an official PS Vita memory card. Sony has decided to reduce the price of these on their official website, which is great since they were overpriced anyway at launch in our opinion.
I think you need to read the article you linked to again enuf. ;) They are referring to the price cut confirmation on the Vita hardware not memory card.

Both the Vita and Memory cards will have a price drop. My guess is the Vita will drop by $50 and the Memory cards will basically drop by 20 or 30%.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Both the Vita and Memory cards will have a price drop. My guess is the Vita will drop by $50 and the Memory cards will basically drop by 20 or 30%.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bank on a generous drop... it'll probably be a small percent on the cards, and nothing on the Vita.

I need a 16GB Vita Memory Card my Vita is on its way! I need a memory! Your going to love me!!!!!!

[quote name='htz']I think you need to read the article you linked to again enuf. ;) They are referring to the price cut confirmation on the Vita hardware not memory card.[/QUOTE]The article is titled "PS Vita memory card price cut for 2013". Both will see a cut per the link.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I'm gonna predict:

4GB - $14.99
8GB - $19.99
16GB - $39.99
32GB - $59.99

WiFi - $179.99
WiFi/3G - $229.99[/QUOTE]Seems bout right nut sony usually doesa crazy bundle 1st before the drop.

I want a 16GB Card but if I can find a 32GB at a good price Ill pick it up but I want to pay no more than 40$ this price drop was good timing for me as I have a ps vita on the way to my cottage. Now when do these price drops happen? What day?

I have no regrets getting my 32 GB. I love having enough space to do anything I want with the system. Hopefully a decent price drop will entice others to get a bigger card and enjoy their Vita system even more.

Yeah I just got a 32 and the price is ridiculous but worth it IMO. I'd like to see a larger card pop up at the old price point of the 32.

I hope the 32gb card drops. I can't see paying that much for one. I have the 8gb card right now but I really don't like it that I have Playstation + and it's already almost full from the games and PS1 classics I have.

This is Sony. My guess.

Vita Wi-Fi = $199 (Possible $229)

Memory will be 20% off.

Just my analysis, but They have a habit of having Sales for a few months before the price drops, and the sale prices are the new MSRP.

Unless they drop the 32gb card under $50 I'm not touching it. I'll just happily save to the cloud, delete, and re download my 8gb cards desire.

What cloud exactly are you saving to? As far as I know, Vita save files can't be saved separately from the games... so do you mean you're going to back the games up on your PS3/PC, or do you know something I don't?

[quote name='filmthedead']What cloud exactly are you saving to? As far as I know, Vita save files can't be saved separately from the games... so do you mean you're going to back the games up on your PS3/PC, or do you know something I don't?[/QUOTE]

all saves can be cloud saved separately from the game with ps+ (just like ps3) as of several months ago. it's super handy.

[quote name='handsomepete']all saves can be cloud saved separately from the game with ps+ (just like ps3) as of several months ago. it's super handy.[/QUOTE]

How do I do that?

I kind of want to get a 32G card after the price drop, but then I think about it and realize that it wouldn't be long before 32g wasn't big enough either, so I'll just settle for xferring to and from my PS3 as needed I guess... at least until a 32g card is less expensive than my aggravation :)

bread's done
Back