Fred Meyer: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $30 (Sunday, 1/6)

dts5000

CAGiversary!
Title: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Platform: PS3
Price: $29.99
Store: Fred Meyer
Deal Date: Sunday-Saturday (1/6-1/12)

Ad photo:
allstarsui.jpg

Reg. 39.99

Did Sony dropped the MSRP on this game? Hence why everyone is selling it at $39.99 right now?

[quote name='htz']Reg. 39.99

Did Sony dropped the MSRP on this game? Hence why everyone is selling it at $39.99 right now?[/QUOTE]

Probably not an official price drop. SONY's site is still listing the game as $59.99, same with Walmart.com and Target.com.

[quote name='RainFall']Remember this is for 2 games, PS3 & Vita. IF you don't have a Vita. i'm sure you could ebay the code card for $15ish min.[/QUOTE]

There is no code card; it's on the disc.

[quote name='htz']Reg. 39.99

Did Sony dropped the MSRP on this game? Hence why everyone is selling it at $39.99 right now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dts5000']Probably not an official price drop. SONY's site is still listing the game as $59.99, same with Walmart.com and Target.com.[/QUOTE]

It's officially a drop. MSRP is $40 everywhere now. Just saw it in target in store yesterday, standard price tag.

[quote name='RainFall']Remember this is for 2 games, PS3 & Vita. IF you don't have a Vita. i'm sure you could ebay the code card for $15ish min.[/QUOTE]
Its one game and there is no download voucher. You need the disc to get it on the Vita

[quote name='Kitoro']There is no code card; it's on the disc.[/QUOTE]

So you load the vita game off the disc? That doesn't make much sense. Couldn't i rent the game and then have it permanently on Vita?

[quote name='RainFall']So you load the vita game off the disc? That doesn't make much sense. Couldn't i rent the game and then have it permanently on Vita?[/QUOTE]
No, you dont load the Vita version off the disc. What you do is when you pop it in the system, it ties to your PSN account and only that account can download the game off the store from the disc. If you rent the game, if no one else has activated it, then you could get the Vita version, I suppose but there's no guarantee of that

[quote name='Havok83']No, you dont load the Vita version off the disc. What you do is when you pop it in the system, it ties to your PSN account and only that account can download the game off the store from the disc. If you rent the game, if no one else has activated it, then you could get the Vita version, I suppose but there's no guarantee of that[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'm inferring from this that each disc has it's own special code imprinted on it? That seems revolutionary.

[quote name='RainFall']Interesting. I'm inferring from this that each disc has it's own special code imprinted on it? That seems revolutionary.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in how this works without a code as well.

[quote name='RainFall']Interesting. I'm inferring from this that each disc has it's own special code imprinted on it? That seems revolutionary.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this is what that patent is all about...

I dont know what the technology is exactly but if you try to activate it with another PSN name, it will give you a message saying the disc has already been added to another account. Each disc is unique and the cross buy can only be used for one person's account. People who buy it and expect to sell the Vita version are in for a surprise. Sony wasnt that stupid when it came to this

[quote name='scaryice']I wonder if this is what that patent is all about...[/QUOTE]

Seems very possible. I knew how the PSASBR Vita version worked from a very similar conversation in the PSN thread, but now hearing about that patent the other day, I'm finally putting 2 and 2 together.

the first person to put the game disk into their ps3 has the vita version tied to their PSN account, i you have a differnt psn account for your vita and ps3 then you won't get the vita version free

once the disk gives the vita version away it won't do it again, the only way to get it free from renting is if you are the first to rent the game

It might funny if we hear stories in a couple of weeks or so where a 'new' copy of PASBR bought at GS (gutted of course) has its Vita thingy already redeemed.

AFAIK, the disc won't tie to your PSN account upon inserting the disc. You have to do it yourself- you select disc extras or something like that, and that's when it does it. You could theoretically still give the Vita copy to a friend. You'd just have to sign in to their account, and activate the disc with it. IMO, the funkiest thing about cross-buy, is how the game shows up in the PSN store if you've activated the disc for the Vita copy. Normally on games you've purchased, it shows the price, but has a little red bag next to it. With Vita games acquired through cross-buy, the price appears as free (also has a little red bag next to it).

[quote name='usrevenge']the first person to put the game disk into their ps3 has the vita version tied to their PSN account, i you have a differnt psn account for your vita and ps3 then you won't get the vita version free

once the disk gives the vita version away it won't do it again, the only way to get it free from renting is if you are the first to rent the game[/QUOTE]

Please don't spread misinformation... it leads to confusion, hate, arguments and mod interactions.

if you've played a lot of games on the PS3, then you've no doubt ran into one that lists several items with a bluray disc icon. Some common examples would be Dead Space 2 LE, Medal of Honor LE, and Killzone Trilogy. The game can be freely played, inserted, traded in, or destroyed without ever redeeming the Vita version, since you need to use a side app to activate it. I made a video showing this off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpT-B8vtHQs

I typically explain it as merely a code in an app, which gets redeemed upon use. The first time the app is loaded, you will see these screens and if you opt out, then they will reappear again. However if you redeem the content, then the app will tell you it has already been redeemed. This process is different than loading the game / playing it (so you can do so as you please) and independent of the online pass (as the video shows, you get the Vita online pass via this). Hence you can see how your explanation is wrong...

On the patient note, I suggested that the patient might be related to this a few times on N4G, but I think others just want to hate.

bread's done
Back