Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins: Awakening 2-pack $24.99

Fallout 3 GOTY (All DLC): $18.00
Dragon Age Origins: $6.00

For those who don't mind pre-owned and want the DLC and want to pay a slightly cheaper price.

EDIT: All from the same source: Gamestop.com

Fallout 3 without the DLC, and Awakening without any of the other DA:O content or even the main game... I wouldn't pay $10 for either individually, why would I pay $25 for both?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']That is a disgusting price for games that are worthless

Holy crap the more that store does the more I hate them[/QUOTE]

Worthless. Fallout 3. Does not compute.

EDIT: Maybe you're meaning they're worthless at that price? I'd still disagree. It's not a great deal but Fallout 3 even at the original retail price of $59.99 offers more than most games that come out.

fallout game of the year has been 9.99 for consoles recently and dragon age ULTIMATE edition has been 12.99 recently..so not that great of a deal i think..

[quote name='Komentra']Worthless. Fallout 3. Does not compute.

EDIT: Maybe you're meaning they're worthless at that price? I'd still disagree. It's not a great deal but Fallout 3 even at the original retail price of $59.99 offers more than most games that come out.[/QUOTE]
No DLC = worthless

I don't care about the amount of gameplay that's in the base game, I'm talking about the small pittance we've seen the game with all the DLC offered for consoles.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No DLC = worthless

I don't care about the amount of gameplay that's in the base game, I'm talking about the small pittance we've seen the game with all the DLC offered for consoles.[/QUOTE]

Really? Worthless. This might be the problem with video gaming now. People like you will buy incomplete games and then buy DLC because it comes out. Fallout 3 was literally the greatest game I have ever played (still struggling to find something I have enjoyed more) and the most complete game I have ever played at that time. The DLC is nothing compared to the actual game. Is it a good price? Not really, but Fallout 3 without the DLC is far far far from worthless.

This is not a great deal by any means though.

It cracks me up to see the hate for this combo but people are drooling for the Bioshock compilation. Bioshock 1 and 2 could be had for $5 each and now because a repackage with worthless multiplayer DLC (except Minerva's Den which was $5 as well) everyone is ready to spend $30.

CAGs never fail to amaze me.

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see the hate for this combo but people are drooling for the Bioshock compilation. Bioshock 1 and 2 could be had for $5 each and now because a repackage with worthless multiplayer DLC (except Minerva's Den which was $5 as well) everyone is ready to spend $30.

CAGs never fail to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

There was plenty of complaining there also. ;) CAG hate don't discriminate.

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see the hate for this combo but people are drooling for the Bioshock compilation. Bioshock 1 and 2 could be had for $5 each and now because a repackage with worthless multiplayer DLC (except Minerva's Den which was $5 as well) everyone is ready to spend $30.

It is because they aren't selling DOA and F3 in a single case. C'mon, everyone knows that collections are better.:lol:

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No DLC = worthless

I don't care about the amount of gameplay that's in the base game, I'm talking about the small pittance we've seen the game with all the DLC offered for consoles.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It makes sense if you can get a copy with DLC for slightly more than that's a no-brainer but to call a vanilla copy of one of the best reviewed games of the last decade worthless is simply stupid.

I got Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $15 at best buy last night. With all the DLC you get that way I think it's the better buy.

does dragon age origins ultimate have the DLC on disk or is it codes? also I wouldn't buy this combo it's about $15 to much.

[quote name='usrevenge']does dragon age origins ultimate have the DLC on disk or is it codes? also I wouldn't buy this combo it's about $15 to much.[/QUOTE]

Disc.

Thats how I got my DLC, brought Origin's for like 7$, grabbed a used copy of the Ultimate Edition to download all the DLC, then returned it.

Well if this bundle came with stickers like the bioshock compilation, I'm sure everyone would buy it :)

I am in the middle.I agree these are not good prices for these games right now.Like it has been said that you can get them with dlc for the same or less money.So it is a bad deal based on price.
But if you try to say these games are worthless is absurd.Fallout 3 is still the best game I have ever played.

I wonder if it has unique packaging or if it's just the two games taped together? Has anyone picked this up?

And, GRRR, HISSS, ROARRRR (trying to fit in)

[quote name='ianoid']I wonder if it has unique packaging or if it's just the two games taped together? Has anyone picked this up?

And, GRRR, HISSS, ROARRRR (trying to fit in)[/QUOTE]

It's online only, so someone actually has to buy it to see. Can't check tomorrow in store. I think it would be just those two games in their unique cases.

If this pack is only at Gamestop then chances are they are just taping the two games together to try and get rid of new copies.

Nobody's saying the games themselves are worthless. They're saying this combo package is worthless because you can get both of these games with more content for cheaper, so there's no reason to waste your money on this when you can get more value for your dollar and get Fallout 3 GotY or the complete DA:O package or whatever.

This, topic over...

Look it is a bad price since it's a base game and then an unrelated games expansion...and it's true "why pay for the base game at this price when you could have it PLUS all DLC at a similar or even lower price". But it's funny how a virtual museum that most people probably won't even use, a couple worthless stickers, and a dual case gives everybody a boner here...then something like this is trash. With my coupon I just got Spec Ops and Bioshock 1 and 2 for $5, all the DLC for BS2 is $13.50. So even with that I'm under $20 and have a whole extra game! But yet collectibles that you'll never use >>>>> actual game content.

[quote name='JKSonic']This, topic over...

Look it is a bad price since it's a base game and then an unrelated games expansion...and it's true "why pay for the base game at this price when you could have it PLUS all DLC at a similar or even lower price". But it's funny how a virtual museum that most people probably won't even use, a couple worthless stickers, and a dual case gives everybody a boner here...then something like this is trash. With my coupon I just got Spec Ops and Bioshock 1 and 2 for $5, all the DLC for BS2 is $13.50. So even with that I'm under $20 and have a whole extra game! But yet collectibles that you'll never use >>>>> actual game content.[/QUOTE]

Again I think it is more about the combination of this pack people are talking about. It would be like if the Bioshock deal was Bioshock 2 with no DLC and Borderlands 1 DLC bundled together. The combo in this deal doesn't make any sense and defiantly not worth the price considering how you can get both Ultimate/GOTY editions for a little more or less depending on if you wait for a sale.

It's funny how people have to have a crutch in a "debate" about whats a deal, by bringing up other threads and items. The fact is, this is not a good deal at all, you can find the base games with all DLC for cheaper than this at times. Why buy just the base game (fallout) and the expansion to another for that price? If your only crutch right now is "but but but bioshoooooooooock" then you are blinded.

This would be pretty darn good if it was Fallout 3 GOTY and Origins ultimate edition. As it is, seems pretty unremarkable.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This would be pretty darn good if it was Fallout 3 GOTY and Origins ultimate edition. As it is, seems pretty unremarkable.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I picked up Origins for $8 at Gamestop last summer and FO:3 is around $10. But it is true that if it's the GOTY edition, there would be a bit of money to be saved since DLC goes for between $5-10 each.

The DLC for Fallout is particularly important because it can raise your level cap up to 60.

No matter what, these are both amazing games and worth playing - even if this isn't the best price out there on them.

bread's done
Back