La-Mulana (PC download) $1.00 @ Playism "Today Only"

Pretty sure playism is in no way going to cheat you if that's what you might wonder.

edit: I gave in and decided to get it. I.. hope if it gets on steam I can get a key for it >_>

yeah, also, I think you can only pay with paypal (I didn't bother to check if you can't, but didn't see options in checkout) and after you pay it brings you back to a page where you can download the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mercenary09'] I.. hope if it gets on steam I can get a key for it >_>
[/QUOTE]

From the Steam Greenlight page for La Mulana

About PLAYISM:
PLAYISM is a project started by Active Gaming Media which localizes and brings quality content from the Japanese market and vice versa. We are assisting NIGORO with the publishing of the PC remake of La-Mulana.

Regarding Steam keys: I have seen a lot of comments on the page from current PLAYISM users saying they would be willing to purchase a second copy through Steam if it is made available for purchase. I just wanted to clarify that if the game is accepted by Steam there is a very good chance we will be giving users who purchase through PLAYISM Steam keys as well. Of course we can't make any concrete promises at this point because it's not entirely clear if Greenlight games will be subject to the same terms as normal submissions or not. As long as there are no issues however we do plan to provide keys for everyone who has already purchased the game.

TL;DR: Most likely you will get Steam keys when it is greenlit and that is their intention but they are covering their butts and not guaranteeing it just in case.

I know they said everyone who got it through Groupees would get a Steam key and some people paid as cheap as 75 cents so pretty sure everyone who gets it from Playsim will too.

Oh and Playsim are the ones who helped bring the game over to the US in the first place so they are perfectly legit.

Thanks for bringing this game to my attention. Worth a buck, been having a blast with it all night. I love "old school" games where you learn through trial and error, not hand-holding-tutorials. Has that metroidvania feel for sure.

Great game ... hard as hell ... but awesome. I get the feeling this game has lots of secrets in it ... almost reminds me a little of Simon's Quest ... the best of the Castlevania games because of the RPG aspects like towns, etc ... grab it for a dollar, you won't regret it!

Yeah, it supports controllers. I just use MotioninJoy and emulate the XBOX360 controller. USB controllers seem to work (I just tried the DS3 setting), but you need to bind your keys before you can use it if you use a USB controller. Otherwise, all you can is use the up, down, left and right buttons.

[quote name='Motoki']From the Steam Greenlight page for La Mulana

TL;DR: Most likely you will get Steam keys when it is greenlit and that is their intention but they are covering their butts and not guaranteeing it just in case.

I know they said everyone who got it through Groupees would get a Steam key and some people paid as cheap as 75 cents so pretty sure everyone who gets it from Playsim will too.

Oh and Playsim are the ones who helped bring the game over to the US in the first place so they are perfectly legit.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I did read this, but I just hope more they can instead of possibly not being able to >_>

Oh nice, then I'll buy this. I'll also have to look into MotioninJoy as I have an X360 controller that I use. I paid $5 for it cause this game seems like a 2D Demon's Souls.

I think it natively supports XBOX 360 controllers. It showed up when I was using the emulation option. MotioninJoy is to make the Sony DualShock3 controllers work on PC, roughly. It has an option to emulate 360 controllers. So you won't have to >_>

MotioninJoy is a driver, designed by a developer unconnected with Sony, intended to use all the features of the Sixaxis and Dualshock 3 controllers on a PC running Windows.

Or THIS (is what it is).

[quote name='Mercenary09']I think it natively supports XBOX 360 controllers. It showed up when I was using the emulation option. MotioninJoy is to make the Sony DualShock3 controllers work on PC, roughly. It has an option to emulate 360 controllers. So you won't have to >_>

Or THIS (is what it is).[/QUOTE]

Even better then, although I wish I knew about that before I bought the X360 controllers as I have a PS3, haha, ah well.

bread's done
Back