sears point match (use $20 they give you $40 ) & so forth

Nellatf22

CAGiversary!
was looking a round and seen they r point matching. So if u use 5 bucks worth of points, they match it so u get $10. Seen few games. The max they will match is $20 but still not bad. Not sure it works at kmart.

I think it's the rewards program that Sears and K-Mart uses. If you redeem your points, they will match and you get double. Not sure about the specifics though.

Are you saying if i spend 5 bucks at sears I'll get 10 bucks back? or is it like best buy where I need to join some membership and earn $5 in their reward program, spend that $5 and I'll $10 more reward money? I'm so confused.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Are you saying if i spend 5 bucks at sears I'll get 10 bucks back? or is it like best buy where I need to join some membership and earn $5 in their reward program, spend that $5 and I'll $10 more reward money? I'm so confused.[/QUOTE]

I THINK he's sayijng that if you use $5 of shop your way rewards points (the membership you're referring to) that they give you $10 of shop your way rewards points. Seems a bit strange. I'd like to read the terms of this because it seems a bit too good to be true.

I'm pretty sure the promotion is Sears is doubling the amount of reward points you use. So if you have $5 in rewards and you use it to buy something, they'll make it as if you have $10 in rewards. They're not giving you $10 back for spending $5 or $40 back for spending $20, that's ridiculous.

As someone who works in Sears, the points the OP is referring to is the "Shop Your Way Rewards" (SYWR) points (free program; it's similar to a grocery store card). Whenever you purchase anything at either Sears or Kmart, points are added to your account if you provide the ringing associate your membership information. Basically, 1% of the total of the purchase. For example, if you spent $100, you would get $1 worth of SYWR points, redeemable either in-stores of Sears and Kmart or online.

As for the promo the OP is referring to, it's good for today only. When you redeem your points today, it will double; up to a maximum of $20 redemption ($40 worth after doubling). So, say you redeem $5 worth of points, it would double up to $10. To check to see if you have any points, go to: http://www.shopyourway.com/

[quote name='Zaku77']If this fellow graduated highschool, that is the last straw; Our country is doomed. Lol[/QUOTE]

Do they teach you in high school that you capitalize the first letter after a semicolon?

Glass houses and all that.

[quote name='Zaku77']If this fellow graduated highschool, that is the last straw; Our country is doomed. Lol[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, I see that the brightest students from all over the world are still flocking in for education here.

Thanks to immanewb, too bad I don't have that many points.

[quote name='confoosious']Do they teach you in high school that you capitalize the first letter after a semicolon?

[/QUOTE]

It depends on which high school he attended. :lol:

Sears/KMART LOL.

Who shops there? I bought a Washer/Dryer set and still only accrued like $12.97 worth of points. What a joke. Not even worth talking about on here since KMART gamer is gone.

[quote name='Blaster man']I THINK he's sayijng that if you use $5 of shop your way rewards points (the membership you're referring to) that they give you $10 of shop your way rewards points. Seems a bit strange. I'd like to read the terms of this because it seems a bit too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

It's really not "too good to be true" since they only pay out 1% points. So now it's 2% points. Big whoop. It possibly could be great if someone is able to combine two offers, like "get $5 worth of bonus points for spending $50" and then double that - but I noticed those bonus deals seemed to have extreme limitations this year (i.e. "bonus points only good from 12/26-12/29"). In the past they were more flexible (you would have a full month to spend them, rather than 3 days), and there were ways to get bonus points through KMART Gamer. I can't imagine too many people actually "bank" points with Sears at this point, because nobody shops at Sears. No KMART Gamer = Sears/Kmart might as well not exist as far as this site is concerned.

I even tried buying a Washer/Dryer set from them, but even that for $1400 was only giving me $14 worth of points. Almost LOL worthy. They actually f$@%ed up my appliance order anyway, and with the $99+ delivery/removal charges I ended up just saying screw it and bought everything at Home Depot with free delivery.

I believe last year they even had a 5x multiplyer, and that actually WAS a really great deal bordering on too good to be true. But still only for those people that had meaninful amount of points... you have to spend $2000 just to get $20 worth of points to max this current deal. Unless you have a major appliance order or TV purchase, how else to get $2000 in spending at a freaking Sears/Kmart?

Nevermind found it my self on slickdeals. Here's the deal:
IN STORE, YMMV - SEARS SYWR Redeem up to $20 in points and we'll double it, Offer Valid 1/6/13 only,
SYWR members Check your email -
YMMV, IN STORE only

redeem upto $20 in points , making them worth up to $40. ( IN STORE Only)
IN STORE: Points will be automatically awarded at checkout with membership verification.

Offer Valid 1/6/13 only at Lands' End® in Sears stores, Sears, Sears Grand and Sears Auto Centers.
Excludes Hometown stores, Sears Appliance and Hardware, Sears Home Appliance Showrooms and Sears Outlet.

*Members earn Points on Qualifying Purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Subject to full program terms available at www.shopyourway.com. Must remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS��_ to earn Bonus Points. Bonus Points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any Base Points earned on Qualifying Purchases. When Bonus Points offers are combined, total Points earned will be less than the combined Point totals for each Individual offer. See www.shopyourway.com for details.

I'd be worried about the ones who don't have a computer, the ghetto ones who dropped out of highschool

It's funny that it's today only. I was at K-mart last night and today for different items, both times their entire system (credit cards & SYWR) was down, they told me it was region-wide and for both K & Sears.

I wanted to redeem my big $1.50 in points but they couldn't. I would have been a bit mad if I could barely care less about the whole thing...and the fact that they already screwed me over by never giving me my 10,000 Star Wars Rupees that I was supposed to get about 4 months ago.

I actually go to usf for graphic design, but took up the interest of business that actually may help me since l started a video game business thats actually successful. Im sorry for the confusion, but was in a rush and had two minutes to confirm shippment on a few items before it was considered late shipping. It's the kmart rewards program. If you spend four bucks they will match it when you spend your shop your way points. By the way l did this to help out and not to disrespect.

P.S. This country been doomed since Bush Sr.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Sears/KMART LOL.

Who shops there? I bought a Washer/Dryer set and still only accrued like $12.97 worth of points. What a joke. Not even worth talking about on here since KMART gamer is gone.[/QUOTE]

Back when the kmart gamer started, kmart had the best deals. I made alot of money of them example. Buy l.a nore and get a $20 gaming coupon and two games for free priced $19.99 or less. Fire emblem and what ever other was the free games.

[quote name='IamPro']I'd be worried about the ones who don't have a computer, the ghetto ones who dropped out of highschool[/QUOTE]

Sounds a little racist.

[quote name='Agent Orange']It's really not "too good to be true" since they only pay out 1% points. So now it's 2% points. Big whoop. It possibly could be great if someone is able to combine two offers, like "get $5 worth of bonus points for spending $50" and then double that - but I noticed those bonus deals seemed to have extreme limitations this year (i.e. "bonus points only good from 12/26-12/29"). In the past they were more flexible (you would have a full month to spend them, rather than 3 days), and there were ways to get bonus points through KMART Gamer. I can't imagine too many people actually "bank" points with Sears at this point, because nobody shops at Sears. No KMART Gamer = Sears/Kmart might as well not exist as far as this site is concerned.

I even tried buying a Washer/Dryer set from them, but even that for $1400 was only giving me $14 worth of points. Almost LOL worthy. They actually f$@%ed up my appliance order anyway, and with the $99+ delivery/removal charges I ended up just saying screw it and bought everything at Home Depot with free delivery.

I believe last year they even had a 5x multiplyer, and that actually WAS a really great deal bordering on too good to be true. But still only for those people that had meaninful amount of points... you have to spend $2000 just to get $20 worth of points to max this current deal. Unless you have a major appliance order or TV purchase, how else to get $2000 in spending at a freaking Sears/Kmart?[/QUOTE]

A couple years ago I bought a king bed there. They had a promo and gave me 40,000 points. That was good.

[quote name='confoosious']Do they teach you in high school that you capitalize the first letter after a semicolon?

Glass houses and all that.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, my phone did that on its own. Take it up with Motorola. Lol

bread's done
Back