Question about Bond 50 UK Blu-Ray

oh_no_mellon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This may not be the best place to ask this, but here goes...

So, me being an idiot, I passed on the Bond 50 Blu-Ray set when it came out because it came out during the annual "buy Christmas gifts and all the stuff the games industry decides to drop during this time of year" period. I was expecting it to be out till at least next September. Well, as we all know, in a combination of insanity and douchebaggery, the set has went OOP (might be the fastest I've seen a non-individually numbered set go OOP). Because of this, I've been thinking of importing one from the UK. The problem is my Blu-Ray player is my PS3 and I really don't want to have to go out and buy a whole new player.

I know Quantum of Solace is R2 but I was wondering about the other discs in the set. Will they play just fine on a US PS3 or will I need a region-free Blu-Ray player?

Last edited by a moderator:
ssjmichael said it's out of print and from the prices the US set seems to commanding, I'd have to agree with that sentiment.

Quantum is in fact the only R2 (B) disc in the set. Otherwise it will play the same and be identical to the U.S. set (with the exception of the ugly ratings labels on the discs). Some eBay sellers are selling the set "region free" by throwing in a us copy of Quantum to go with it. But that is the right idea, buy the UK set, toss Quantum and replace it with a $5 U.S. copy.

OOP is surprising to me, too. But I think the whole world bough them when Amazon had it for $100. And now 1/3 of those people are trying to double their investment by reselling at an inflated price.

It is currently out of print in the US but I'm hearing that it will go back in print (with Skyfall) after Skyfall is release. I have the US set, and there is a slot for Skyfall and a paper saying coming soon.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the rumor a new set with Skyfall is going to be release.

From a consumer's perspective that is nice, but I think typically they like to juice a new release for all its worth before sticking it in a set. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if the set reappeared, with or without skyfall included.

Might make sense to hold out, as it will probably retail regular for $150 or so, and less when on sale. Of course you risk the UK version going OOP, too!

bread's done
Back