Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward 34.99 Free Ship Newegg

I don't have a GS within 50 miles that still carries either the Vita or 3DS version. That being said Amazon and Newegg have both had this in stock since release. This is a good price if you didn't preorder it though however I can't imagine Aksys would let this go OOP so I'm sure more are coming.

[quote name='trunks982']should i get this version or the 3ds version? i would like it on the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

3DS Version appears to be OOS at Newegg

[quote name='trunks982']should i get this version or the 3ds version? i would like it on the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Get the vita version. The save bug on the Vita is almost non-existent and allows multiple saves.

Also, you can take screenshots on the Vita. And the graphic looks amazing on the OLED.

I would just get this now if you are at all interested.

Its all but completely MIA at stores- other than maybe a single copy at odd gamestops...Walmart/Target etc never had it to begin with. Its still orderable at Amazon and New Egg, for for how long?

Soon, it will purely be Ebay fodder, and theres no guarantee a 2nd batch will release like it did with 999 since I don't know if this one found quite as big of a cult audience to justify aksys ordering another batch.

The only plus, is on Vita at least the digital version should be up indefinitely, so if people want to play it, they can, but collectors should get on this NOW.

I think deathsaber just answered my question, but this is definitely available on PSN right? It's nice that it's there, just in case this game does become super hard to find and expensive.

[quote name='sterlingice']If only they would fix the 3DS save bug :(

I loved 999 but I can't commit until that's fixed

SI[/QUOTE]

Same here. I cannot fathom losing HOURS game time and then having to scroll though the same text screens all over again.

I decided to bite now on it... Was hoping to get it and missed out when Fry's clearanced them out for $20, since they were already all gone. I'm sure it'll reprint in the future, but since it's already selling out in several places, why not? Been wanting to play it anyways.

[quote name='deathsaber']I would just get this now if you are at all interested.

Its all but completely MIA at stores- other than maybe a single copy at odd gamestops...Walmart/Target etc never had it to begin with. Its still orderable at Amazon and New Egg, for for how long?

Soon, it will purely be Ebay fodder, and theres no guarantee a 2nd batch will release like it did with 999 since I don't know if this one found quite as big of a cult audience to justify aksys ordering another batch.

The only plus, is on Vita at least the digital version should be up indefinitely, so if people want to play it, they can, but collectors should get on this NOW.[/QUOTE]
Looks like amazon has 999+ copies as of my post...
15 left at newegg

[quote name='tuffguycore']To the people who have played it, is it worth the money? I never played 999 but it seems interesting enough.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely worth the money if you enjoy this kind of game. It is entirely a visual novel and puzzles. The story is great.

[quote name='sabanoo']It's definitely worth the money if you enjoy this kind of game. It is entirely a visual novel and puzzles. The story is great.[/QUOTE]

I love RPGs, I like Professor Layton, and adventure games, and I loved Asura's Wrath, and anything Quantum Dream has done. With that in mind, it sounds like I'd enjoy this one. I might jump if it's still there when I get home.

its been this price for a while i picked it up for this price like 2 months ago, its also the same price on psn if anyone wants it digital.

I bought one, I don't like to believe oop fearmongers but it's better than msrp and I've paid more for worse games like Infinite Undiscovery and I also don't feel it's going to get any cheaper for a long while...so that's my reasoning.

It's wiser to wait for the 3ds reprint though, since the cart has cockroaches

This game (along with most 3DS titles) are outrageously priced. This should be $20, max.

Fantastic price for my GOTY last year. Play 999 First though!

[quote name='tuffguycore']To the people who have played it, is it worth the money? I never played 999 but it seems interesting enough.[/QUOTE]

That above comment is for you! Do not skip 999 unless you never want to go back and play it. VLR is a direct sequel and will completely spoil the first game and it's great ambiance. I prefer 999 to VLR, but only because 2D > 3D.

Hmmmm...I've been waiting since launch for a B2G1 sale to pick up other Vita/3DS games. Didn't realize the game is scarce.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmm...I've been waiting since launch for a B2G1 sale to pick up other Vita/3DS games. Didn't realize the game is scarce.[/QUOTE]

Lol, it's not.
It's available at pretty much the same retailers that it launched at.

Yeah, it just came out in October 2012 and suddenly it's going out of production after only a few months and it's uncertain whether there will even be a reprint, for a game that has received stellar reviews? And the ps vita has been available for less than a year (the 3ds about 2 years), so there isn't a large installed user base yet, but Aksys is still going to discontinue production now and forgo all that potential future profit?

Sorry that seems hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a good game. The ending was like a kick in the nuts, though. Can't wait for the next game in the series.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why can't they just release a newer 3DS version with the bug fixes?[/QUOTE]

Since Aksys is just the publisher, the developer would have to fix the bugs, and given that the game has been out in Japan for almost a year, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. There's nothing Aksys can do to fix the bugs, but it's still really crappy of them to knowingly release a defective game and then refuse to comment when people complain about it.

[quote name='orcishlad']Such a good game. The ending was like a kick in the nuts, though. Can't wait for the next game in the series.[/QUOTE]

I thought the ending was satisfactory enough, just a bit open-ended to tease a sequel ... like any good popcorn cinema flick. I clocked in shy of 40 hrs to unlock all the endings and gold files. I was fortunate enough to get a vita version after Thanksgiving and avoided all the 3ds bugs. If any of my saved files were corrupted during gameplay, I would RAGE ...

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I thought the ending was satisfactory enough, just a bit open-ended to tease a sequel ... like any good popcorn cinema flick. I clocked in shy of 40 hrs to unlock all the endings and gold files. I was fortunate enough to get a vita version after Thanksgiving and avoided all the 3ds bugs. If any of my saved files were corrupted during gameplay, I would RAGE ...[/QUOTE]

True that, it's why I got the Vita version. (and the sexy crisp graphics)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Play 999 first![/QUOTE]

Kaio-ken x 10.

I just beat this game. I can't recommend this and 999 enough (although please play 999 first). As long as you don't save in the "escape" rooms, your save file doesn't glitch. It's really not a big deal if you're careful.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, it just came out in October 2012 and suddenly it's going out of production after only a few months and it's uncertain whether there will even be a reprint, for a game that has received stellar reviews? And the ps vita has been available for less than a year (the 3ds about 2 years), so there isn't a large installed user base yet, but Aksys is still going to discontinue production now and forgo all that potential future profit?

Sorry that seems hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

Thats just the business model for publishers like Aksys, Nisa, and sometimes Atlus.

They bring these niche Japanese games over that only will sell like 15-20k copes in the states, and as such they'll only print just that many copies. They are small companies and thats the only way they can be profitable- by translating existing games no other publisher would touch (or outbid them on) and then selling out their exact inventory.

Its not like some EA game where they can print 3 million copies and just have inventory sitting in stores throughout the consoles life and the company is big enough to have all that inventory just sitting around.

999 did get a big 2nd printing (after the first print sold out and became unavailable at retail probably no more than a week or two after launch because it had all that demand)- however that was released on the DS- one of the most succesful game platforms ever, with one of the biggeset install bases ever. Both 3DS and Vita by comparision are newer platforms with much smaller userbases, so I'm not sure if VLR did quite as well as copies are still available now online, but like I said, I suspect in another month or two, Amazon won't even have them & you'll be stuck buying it for $60/$70/$80 from ebay & amazon marketplace dealers soon.

[quote name='deathsaber']Thats just the business model for publishers like Aksys, Nisa, and sometimes Atlus.

They bring these niche Japanese games over that only will sell like 15-20k copes in the states, and as such they'll only print just that many copies. They are small companies and thats the only way they can be profitable- by translating existing games no other publisher would touch (or outbid them on) and then selling out their exact inventory.

Its not like some EA game where they can print 3 million copies and just have inventory sitting in stores throughout the consoles life and the company is big enough to have all that inventory just sitting around.

999 did get a big 2nd printing (after the first print sold out and became unavailable at retail probably no more than a week or two after launch because it had all that demand)- however that was released on the DS- one of the most succesful game platforms ever, with one of the biggeset install bases ever. Both 3DS and Vita by comparision are newer platforms with much smaller userbases, so I'm not sure if VLR did quite as well as copies are still available now online, but like I said, I suspect in another month or two, Amazon won't even have them & you'll be stuck buying it for $60/$70/$80 from ebay & amazon marketplace dealers soon.[/QUOTE]

In a month or two?
I bet not.

If this sells out, they'll do another small run.
999 had at least 3 printings and a re-release.

[quote name='Vader582']Amazon corrected my quantity down to 3 from 999 and I bought 1; so 2 left there @ $40 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Just tried the same, was able to add 999 of both versions.

[quote name='dallow']Just tried the same, was able to add 999 of both versions.[/QUOTE]
When I started checkout though, it would only allow me to purchase 3...I freely admit I could be doing it wrong though.

This won't get pulled from PSN though, right? It would be cool to have a physical copy, but if it turns out that it does go completely OOP I can still get it on PSN anytime, right?

bread's done
Back