Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray][Region Free] - Amazon UK - $53.82

Dayum... Crazy prices. I wish the DVD version would drop to 30 or so. I'd buy it in a second to rewatch. I won't have a BR player until the next Xbox comes out...

[quote name='ajh2298']I really want this but having them all on DVD is it that much of an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is (here are some reviews of the blu-ray set). Also, you should be able to unload the DVDs for about $70-80. Think of it as a free upgrade.

Not including "The Plan" is not a loss at all IMO.
Long, boring and not very insightful if you ask me.

I sold off the full series long ago, but based on pricing, I will probably grab the UK version in the near future.

[quote name='dv8mad']Not including "The Plan" is not a loss at all IMO.
Long, boring and not very insightful if you ask me.

I sold off the full series long ago, but based on pricing, I will probably grab the UK version in the near future.[/QUOTE]

My OCD would make me buy it to complete the set/series. I do already have it on DVD I also have "Razor" on a seperate DVD even though its included in on of the season sets. If I know I could get at least $60.00-$70.00 for all my DVD season sets without having to deal with E-bay I would do it in a second.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Dayum... Crazy prices. I wish the DVD version would drop to 30 or so. I'd buy it in a second to rewatch. I won't have a BR player until the next Xbox comes out...[/QUOTE]

I won't have one for a few more years, that price is stunning. I'd buy it on DVD for that price.

The Plan is so bad I think it actually wrecks the show, it's just so stupid and was just made for a cash grab.

[quote name='ajh2298']I really want this but having them all on DVD is it that much of an upgrade?[/QUOTE]

2013 and we're still getting questions like this :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']2013 and we're still getting questions like this :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not all blu ray come out as good or better then dvd.
I agree, its worth it to upgrade. I got the series when best buy had it for $20 each.

[quote name='ssjmichael']2013 and we're still getting questions like this :roll:[/QUOTE]
I agree. The answer is usually subjective. I say if you plan on watching it repeatedly in the future, then upgrade and sell the old DVD set on eBay or give it away as a gift to a family member or friend. If you have an awesome big 1080p TV and you plan on watching BSG over and over, of course upgrade it. If you have the ability to sell DVDs on eBay (I assume you do if you can post on CAG), I say upgrade. If you have $53.82 worth of disposable income, then it's time to upgrade.

Thanks OP. Decided to order a set even though I have access to all the episodes on Netflix. Been meaning to re-watch the series for a while now, but as amazing as the show is, there are definitely more than a few "filler" eps and story lines that don't really go anywhere in the first couple seasons (Starbuck's Cylon abduction/testing thing comes to mind). Having all those special features and commentaries to dive into might get me back into the mood though. And $50 for the whole set is pretty insane, really.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not all blu ray come out as good or better then dvd.[/QUOTE]
But 99% of them do, especially when you factor in the improvements you get on the audio side.

And I completely agree with the poster who said to ignore The Plan. I remember being so excited when it was coming out... what a let-down.

So has anyone who ordered this gotten theirs yet? I placed an order and they appear to have missed their estimated delivery date by over a week. Still nothing.

[quote name='Saraquael']So has anyone who ordered this gotten theirs yet? I placed an order and they appear to have missed their estimated delivery date by over a week. Still nothing.[/QUOTE]

I never got my copy and it was also overdue by a week. I contacted them yesterday and they have already sent out another copy with upgraded shipping for free.

[quote name='Saraquael']So has anyone who ordered this gotten theirs yet? I placed an order and they appear to have missed their estimated delivery date by over a week. Still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was supposed to be here Feb 1 -still nothing gonna give it another week then start bugging them. I remember ordering Pacific/Band of brothers combo from Amazon UK and taking awhile but not a month. I will post when (if) I receive it.

Same here. Mine was a week past the estimated delivery date when I emailed customer service. They sent out another one with free upgraded shipping and I got it about 5 days later.

They sent another one here as well. Of course, they didn't upgrade the shipping so my estimated arrival date on this one is some time in March.

Emailed them and got another sent over with priority shipping. Anticipating it some time this week. Kind of wished they had initially shipped it this efficiently to being with.

Yeah I never got my order either. I sent them an email and they are sending me another one that *should* get here in a week.

Blimey. Glad I checked this thread again.

Well, I'm officially jealous of everyone that got the upgraded shipping. Hopefully they'll upgrade me in March when I'm sitting here wondering where my discs are. Heh.

[quote name='Saraquael']Well, I'm officially jealous of everyone that got the upgraded shipping. Hopefully they'll upgrade me in March when I'm sitting here wondering where my discs are. Heh.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get upgraded shipping. I wonder why the ball was dropped on so many orders. I would love to know the reason this happened. Got a lengthy definition on how to return if 2 get delivered though.

I'm surprised to hear all of the shipping delays from people. I ordered the set from Amazon UK about a month ago and it only took a little over a week to arrive.

Dumb question: If I didn't like the first ten minutes or so of the first episode am I gonna like the series?

[quote name='Makarov']Dumb question: If I didn't like the first ten minutes or so of the first episode am I gonna like the series?[/QUOTE]

First episode ("33") or the miniseries? Make sure you watch the miniseries (~3 hours) first, or you'll more than likely be lost and won't care for it.

So guess what came in the mail today?

It's also not the replacement copy either. It's the first one that was assumed to be lost in the mail.

[quote name='Saraquael']So guess what came in the mail today?

It's also not the replacement copy either. It's the first one that was assumed to be lost in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Mine also came today also not sure if its the replacement copy since I am at work and cannot check.

LOL. I literally just looked at this thread 5 minutes ago and thought "huh, I wonder if mine will come soon." And wouldn't you know, I went and looked outside and there was my box sitting on my porch. It's my original order too. The box was beat all to hell but the actual blu-ray box inside was in pretty good shape still. If my replacements ever come I'll just give them to my friend for his b-day.

It's kinda bizarre we are all having the same thing happen.

[quote name='Makarov']Dumb question: If I didn't like the first ten minutes or so of the first episode am I gonna like the series?[/QUOTE]I know it might be too much to ask of you, though watch the entire pilot. If you won't like it after the entire pilot, then there's no hope you'll like the series.

Got my replacement set that they sent out yesterday in the mail so i now have two sets will contact amazon.uk later to see what they want me to do.

Hi all, I was hoping someone could answer a question for me. While I know that the episodes will play in the US with no issue, how about the special features? I have been told that if the speicial features are PAL, there is a reasonable chance they would not be able to be viewed in the US. Thank you for any help you guys could provide!

bread's done
Back