2013 Flea Market Thread

went today and didn't find much. for $2 from the same seller:

ps1 - crash 2 ps1 disk only
ps2 - metal gear solid 3 snake eater complete
xbox - halo complete

also saw the crash super pack on xbox for $10 at a different booth. anyone know what's up with it? vgpc has it's used price at $60 but doesn't have any sales data to show that, the prices on ebay are odd, and there are two listings on amazon. one has the game starting 60+ and the other at 15+

1. http://www.amazon.com/Crash-Bandicoot-Platinum-Family-Cortex-Xbox/dp/B000BY6H1Q
2. http://www.amazon.com/CRASH-SUPERPACK-PLATINUM-FAMILY-HITS-Xbox/dp/B008G27HXM

The first week of this year I was selling at a flea market in NJ. Normally I take a walk down a few aisles first but since it was such a slow day with very few vendors, I didn't. Anyway, after about three hours I see this guy walk up to my table with two boxes in his hand. The first, a boxed Sega Nomad. The second, a BOXED NEO GEO CD. I had to ask him what he got them for... he said $40 total!! Love seeing other people find things, but hate wishing it was me lol.

Trade most of this lot away, minus Pipe Dream, Crystalis, Metroid, and one controller (and kept all the manuals for my own copies) along with 5 junk Genesis games, 3 cheap blus and a copy of Deadmund's Quest for a Virtual Boy and $25. The cash bought the rest of this elsewhere in the flea market.
IMAG0190-1.jpg

The CEs don't have the games, just the extras, and FO3 is missing the bobblehead (anybody have a spare?) They were $10 with the box of Keyblades. X-Files season one was $5 and the Kindle was only $9 (the woman asked for $10 but all we had left was $9). My wife grabbed it off one of the outdoor tables when we were on our way out and I didn't think we'd have enough for it at all. I was going to get her a Kindle for our anniversary though, so now I need to think of something else :I

Ran into a re-seller at a flea market. Was very dissapointed; he advertised the sale as this: http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/3566240569.html
*FACEPALM* He had bins and bins of games and was selling them at ebay prices (if not higher!) Such a scam...

Only plus side was that I ran into a fellow CAG for the first time! We were both frustrated with the seller (every decent game; for example Zelda NES, was 30+)

Did get away with these though for $15. Picked up the Hobbit from a different seller because it trades in to Amazon for $15; essentially making my money back :bouncy:

Best of the bunch was the soundtrack for The Legend of Mana

AYtOpsx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty decent day at the flea market Saturday:
IMAG0255.jpg

Games were $10
IMAG0247.jpg

Books/guides/pokewalker $1 each
IMAG0249.jpg

Giant stack of manga, $5. Most of this is going to a book store that will give me $2-$5 apiece on them.
IMAG0260.jpg

And the winner of the day, only cost me $10 plus some random junk traded to the guy.

Found the PS version of MK Mythologies:Sub-Zero (complete with manual, inserts) for $3 and a Mattel Electonics Basketball handheld from '78 in great condition for $1 at the local flea market from different sellers. The seller I bought the handheld from even found a 9-Volt for me to test the game and let me keep the battery with the purchase. I'm not used to that level of customer service at the flea market. I usually find the battery operated items with no batteries and leaked battery acid with the vendor "assuring" me that it still works...

Went to a local flea market today and found mostly games to be at gamestop used prices so passed them up. I did find Justified seasons 1-3 still sealed for $25 total. I'm thinking I'll return them to walmart for around $80 credit. I would like to see the show but it seems like better value if walmart will take them for that much more since they're still factory sealed.

[quote name='corygbp']Went to a local flea market today and found mostly games to be at gamestop used prices so passed them up. I did find Justified seasons 1-3 still sealed for $25 total. I'm thinking I'll return them to walmart for around $80 credit. I would like to see the show but it seems like better value if walmart will take them for that much more since they're still factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

:wall::wall::wall:
Return fraud, good for you newb,,,
SD wants you back, so go ....

[quote name='donut']:wall::wall::wall:
Return fraud, good for you newb,,,
SD wants you back, so go ....[/QUOTE]

Yeah it didn't work, what is SD? San Diego?

[quote name='corygbp']Yeah it didn't work, what is SD? San Diego?[/QUOTE]

Slickdeals. The same site they frequent but are too much of a pussy to admit to it. They're all bark and no bite here.

[quote name='Peep']Slickdeals. The same site they frequent but are too much of a pussy to admit to it. They're all bark and no bite here.[/QUOTE]

Lol no hard feelings dude but I just had to post this :lol:
Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-T-Shirt-Hoodies.png

got the Xbox 360 chat pad for $10 and Left 4 Dead (xbox) for $2 though it wouldn't go past 1st loading screen and wouldn't install onto HD so had to "rent" it at gamestop to install it

Went to an indoor flea market on saturday and a woman was selling her kids nintendo systems and games. I only had $40 dollars on me so I walked away with New Super Mario Bros for ds, NSMB2 for 3ds, Mario and Luigi Bower's Inside Story, and Mario Kart 7 for 10 dollars a piece. I went to an atm to get more money because she only wanted $55 for a seemingly perfectly fine teal 3DS. I should have asked if she could hold it for me but I didn't and now I'm kicking myself because it was gone by the time I got back.

I love how hearty GameCube disks are. A guy I have a pretty good relationship with at the flea market here gave me Super Mario Sunshine (Disk + case) and Luigi's Mansion (Complete) for $1 each. They were super scratched up and didn't play, so he was going to throw them out, so I asked if I could get them cheap. Took them home and gave them a good cleaning and they work without a hitch, even if they look like they went through a woodchipper. Also grabbed Megaman Xtreme 2 (GBC), Samurai Warriors (Xbox), and Breath of Fire 3 (GBA) for $3 each.

Didn't find anything last weekend. Just bought some magazines. I did grab some PS2 games a few weeks ago, nothing really worth mentioning.

[quote name='aptanor']I love how hearty GameCube disks are. A guy I have a pretty good relationship with at the flea market here gave me Super Mario Sunshine (Disk + case) and Luigi's Mansion (Complete) for $1 each. They were super scratched up and didn't play, so he was going to throw them out, so I asked if I could get them cheap. Took them home and gave them a good cleaning and they work without a hitch, even if they look like they went through a woodchipper. Also grabbed Megaman Xtreme 2 (GBC), Samurai Warriors (Xbox), and Breath of Fire 3 (GBA) for $3 each.[/QUOTE]

If the games are that bad scratched I'd imagine it would be bad wear and tear for the disc laser on your console.

You can always buy loose disc cheap to make them CIB mint.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Lol no hard feelings dude but I just had to post this :lol:
Watch-Out-We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-T-Shirt-Hoodies.png
[/QUOTE]

heh, pennstate has terrible craigslist

picked up an N64 with expansion pack and 2 controllers with 2 gameboy transfer packs for $20. On another note bought a supposed WW2 bazooka practice rocket. From my research looks to be a M6A1 rocket and doesn't look like its a practice one either, only $20 too

Board Games by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Picked these two games up last week. Thunder Road was the big find, as I have wanted this game for a long time. Threw in Loot for good measure - looked fun. $4.50 for both.

[quote name='needler420']If the games are that bad scratched I'd imagine it would be bad wear and tear for the disc laser on your console.

You can always buy loose disc cheap to make them CIB mint.[/QUOTE]

why do you keep saying that scratched disks hurt the laser? I've never seen any documentation of this and I can't come up with a way that it would damage the console. It will either work or it won't.

[quote name='yourlefthand']why do you keep saying that scratched disks hurt the laser? I've never seen any documentation of this and I can't come up with a way that it would damage the console. It will either work or it won't.[/QUOTE]

With scratched discs systems give more "retries" to try and read the data, if you only need one try with a normal disc, imagine a heavy scratched media, several retries each time you want to play it.

[quote name='shinclyde']With scratched discs systems give more "retries" to try and read the data, if you only need one try with a normal disc, imagine a heavy scratched media, several retries each time you want to play it.[/QUOTE]

The laser is most likely on the entire time the console is on. Spinning the disk past the laser isn't going to do anything to the laser. If you want to say it might affect the servo motor that moves the laser assembly I might believe you, but I can't believe that it would make a measurable difference.

Paid around $15 for everything. The stack of disk-only games were actually in the trash. A vendor said he wouldn't take them and the kid threw a fit and threw the bag of games in the trash. I tried to decide whether or not to look, but I'm glad I did. I've wanted a copy of Rayman :V
IMAG0332-1_zpsd5107e73.jpg

Yesterday I picked up:
:ps3: UFC Undisputed 3
:360: SplitSecond
:xbox: Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy
:xbox: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
:xbox: Halo 2
:xbox: Star Wars Battlefront 2
:dc: Sonic Adventure
:n64: Duke Nukem 64
:n64: Snowboard Kids 2
:n64: Goldeneye
:gc: Zelda Master Quest
:nes: Tecmo Super Bowl
:nes: Ghosts & Goblins
:nes: Ninja Gaiden 3

All the games were $4 each, walked away and someone came up to me and offered $40 for Snowboard Kids 2 so they all only cost me $16 out of pocket.

I had a killer day at the flea market this weekend. Got up at 5 (opening day, it opens at 7, gonna get there early) got ready headed out and met a buddy to go. Had 200 cash ready. Drove out there 40 minutes away only to get there and find out they postponed the opening! but, there's this weekend to look forward to lol.

I picked up these gamecube disc only games from a flea market for $45:

Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 6
Smash Bros Melee
Starfox Assault
Mario Sunshine
Pokemon Colosseum

Already sold Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine for more than I paid.

last weekend picked up a N64 with an atomic green controller and 2 games (Re-Volt and Ken Griffey JR's Slugfest) for $15 and Pokemon XD (Gamecube) for $10

For 10.00 total today:

Die Hard Arcade (saturn)
Bust a Move 2 (saturn)
Legend of Oasis (saturn)
Assault Rigs (ps1)
X Com UFO Defense (ps1)

Tried my first flea market a few weeks ago. They had 2 areas an indoor area with people who priced everything and the outdoor tables where you rented them for $3 a day. Outside i found Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition for $5

I was very happy.

This past Sunday was my slowest find wise of the young outdoor flea market year, but I still did alright:
:gc: Black Gamecube with cables, controller, memory card - $5
:ps2: Playstation 2 Slim cables, 2 controllers and memory card - $20
:360: Bully Scholarship Edition - $5
:360: Mass Effect - $5
:360: Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II - $5
:360: Oblivion - $5
:360: Guitar Hero 5 with wireless guitar - 50 cents
:360: Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar - 50 cents
:ps2: Xenosaga I - $1
Then Boogerman, Sonic 3, Cool Spot, Ms. Pacman for Genesis all complete - $1/ea

I didn't find anything game related, but picked up a hard cover Full Metal Alchemist Vol 1 Manga for .25, a couple old Johnny Gill and Whodini CDs for $1.50 total, and a factory-sealed copy of "The Man With the Iron Fists" (Blu-ray/DVD/UV) for $6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a meh day but found a few things.

Strider (gen) 2.00
Mickey Mania (snes) 3.00

Kirbys Dreamland (gb) 2.50
Kirby Amazing Mirror (gba) 2.50

Bully (ps2, even has the poster) 5.00
King of Fighters 95 (ps1, disc only) 4.00
Bust a Move 4 (ps1, disc only) 4.00

3 for 10 all Xbox

Morrowind
Otogi 2
Crimson Sea

Meh day but I am happy about Otogi and Strider