Target to Price Match Online Competitors Permanently (January 2013)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise

Price matching:
Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com (or a local competitor ad). Applies at checkout our for purchases within the last seven days.

Primary Exclusions:
The usual - clearance, out of stock, marketplace items, Black Friday, Cyber Monday.

Full Exclusions:
Competitor exclusions:
Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from online competitor price matching.
Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
Prices from other Target stores.
Online prices from competitors not listed above.

Price exclusions:
“Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
Clearance, closeout, damaged product, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
Competitor coupon-required.
Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
Offers that include financing.

Ad exclusions:
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
Pricing or typographical errors.

Item exclusions:
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.

Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match. All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.

Target may modify these terms at any time. Exclusions do not apply to CityTarget stores; see details below.

You can use your REDcard to save an extra 5%, and any manufacturer coupons come off the price matched price (not really applicable for games too often).

[quote name='nemesislife']no fry's price match?.[/QUOTE]

Fry's is regional as such it would be up to a specific store to match them.

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price.
lol 7 days...

Best Buy matching actually got me to shop less for electronics during this holiday season especially since I'm a Silver Reward Zone member. The fact Amazon started collecting tax in CA didn't help either.

[quote name='OGHowie']Best Buy matching actually got me to shop less for electronics during this holiday season especially since I'm a Silver Reward Zone member. The fact Amazon started collecting tax in CA didn't help either.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='OGHowie']Best Buy matching actually got me to shop less for electronics during this holiday season especially since I'm a Silver Reward Zone member. The fact Amazon started collecting tax in CA didn't help either.[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here since Amazon started charging tax in TX back in July.

i tried to get target to pm wwe 13 because they had some with the tyson dlc, was denied, the guy said it had to be a printed ad. no problem, i'll hit up GS tomorrow and get a printed ad and go back.

[quote name='Ed_']Ditto.[/QUOTE]
Sucks that amazon collects tax in CA now. I mean really sucks. I used to live there and never paid Tax on AZ purchases. Which was why I chose AZ over newegg all the time. If I ever move back looks like i'll be SOL>:cry:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Finally, found it sad they wouldnt even PM their own site.[/QUOTE]They suck I tried to match PC Richards $10 NCAA football 13 two weeks ago & they wouldn't match saying the deal was "too good" & PC Richard wasn't a local competitor even though the store was 10 minutes away. Went to Walmart to see what they would do in the same shopping center as PC Richards they wouldn't match since "there's no reason for PC Richards to have that game for that cheap so it would have to be in an add for them to match". Right on Walmart's site & damn commercial they exclaim "you don't need the ad" LOL. So I just converted their GC's into pre-pad visas & went next door to BB pm'd right off my phone in 5 minutes no phone call no muss no fuss.

My local Target has always been hard-line about price matches and even some manufacturer coupons. But this new policy seems pretty clear cut.

I intend to fuck them repeatedly with this.

Interesting, I wonder if the seller on Amazon.com has to be Amazon.com in order for a Target competitor price match? I might not be reading the fine type/print correctly.

This might be a better option for me if my state starts to collect taxes on Amazon purchases.

To bad there isn't a Target for like 70+ miles where I live :([quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, I wonder if the seller on Amazon.com has to be Amazon.com in order for a Target competitor price match? I might not be reading the fine type/print correctly.

This might be a better option for me if my state starts to collect taxes on Amazon purchases.[/QUOTE]
Yes they do have to be. They say they won't match Market place sellers. Only Amazon.com (as the seller)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, I wonder if the seller on Amazon.com has to be Amazon.com in order for a Target competitor price match? I might not be reading the fine type/print correctly.

This might be a better option for me if my state starts to collect taxes on Amazon purchases.[/QUOTE]

“Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.

I believe Indiana is going to follow suit with charging sales tax, so getting stuff at BBY and Target is looking better and better. Given my brand 'loyalty' I'm sure I'll be taking advantage of best buy more frequently.

I have one local Target that still doesn't know their previous price match policy. They won't price match anything after the sale - all price matches must be done at the time of purchase.

The whole "7 day" thing is so silly when they have a 90 day return policy. Th

[quote name='MrBonk']Sucks that amazon collects tax in CA now. I mean really sucks. :[/QUOTE]

That is why people love amazon. No taxes. Once amazon starts charging taxes in your state then suddenly best buy, Walmart and GameStop don't seem so bad after all.

[quote name='MrBonk']Sucks that amazon collects tax in CA now. I mean really sucks. I used to live there and never paid Tax on AZ purchases. Which was why I chose AZ over newegg all the time. If I ever move back looks like i'll be SOL>:cry:[/QUOTE]

Blame CA, not Amazon. They've constantly fought having customers pay taxes on their purchases.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Great news. Hopefully BB will follow![/QUOTE]

What are they following? Best Buy already matches all those but Amazon. I wouldn't want my 60 days (silver) to go down to 7 days. As for Amazon, they mainly just match one of the other competitors that you can match anyways.

As for the 7 days, it isn't a problem at Target. Their return policy is 90 days. Rebuy/return. There is your PM. My local location this Xmas just did the match when I dropped that I could do that practice.

I've had nothing but,problems trying to pm online prices at my Target so much so I've given up.Target needs to educate their employees about their pm policy.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

so people finally admitted the truth, that Amazon really doesn't have better prices/service, and it was always TAXES that made the difference

So I guess the local gov't finally did something right, and made sure B&M gets a fair and balanced playing field that keeps local jobs and local economy and local businesses in business

LOL!!! now that Amazon is forced to collect taxes, B&M seem to now be price-matching them too..

I also have to wonder, since I am willing to bet many CAG'ers here are probably low retail workers themselves, and depending on such jobs so that they can even afford the stuff they buy.. And yet they pretty much want Amazon to shut them out of any possible jobs by competing with a NO TAX benefit to shopping, some people really do want to vote against their own best interest..:sad:

[quote name='lordopus99']What are they following? Best Buy already matches all those but Amazon. I wouldn't want my 60 days (silver) to go down to 7 days. As for Amazon, they mainly just match one of the other competitors that you can match anyways.

As for the 7 days, it isn't a problem at Target. Their return policy is 90 days. Rebuy/return. There is your PM. My local location this Xmas just did the match when I dropped that I could do that practice.[/QUOTE]

Ok so um hopefully BB will follow and match Amazon

:booty:

best buy still wins this.

45-60 day price matching, reward zone points, $20 pre order promo certs that stack with price matching.

not to mention their high trade values which make for extra credit in their store... the 5% on my target card pales in comparison.

[quote name='oasisboy']That is why people love amazon. No taxes. Once amazon starts charging taxes in your state then suddenly best buy, Walmart and GameStop don't seem so bad after all.[/QUOTE]
Well no, Gamestop is always going to seem bad for anyone who doesn't have head trauma.

The others stores aren't as painful if they're close or you're going by.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Interesting, I wonder if the seller on Amazon.com has to be Amazon.com in order for a Target competitor price match? I might not be reading the fine type/print correctly.

I was wondering this as well, and after glancing at the stipulations, I haven't come across them indicating as such.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!blah blah blah[/QUOTE]

Technically, Amazon never had a tax benefit. The onus was just on the individual to report to their local government - aka use tax. Because most people don't even know about it was why Amazon got stuck with collecting it where they do now.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

so people finally admitted the truth, that Amazon really doesn't have better prices/service, and it was always TAXES that made the difference

So I guess the local gov't finally did something right, and made sure B&M gets a fair and balanced playing field that keeps local jobs and local economy and local businesses in business

LOL!!! now that Amazon is forced to collect taxes, B&M seem to now be price-matching them too..

I also have to wonder, since I am willing to bet many CAG'ers here are probably low retail workers themselves, and depending on such jobs so that they can even afford the stuff they buy.. And yet they pretty much want Amazon to shut them out of any possible jobs by competing with a NO TAX benefit to shopping, some people really do want to vote against their own best interest..:sad:[/QUOTE]

lol nope

I always used Amazon for their amazing CS and better prices.
Now that B&M stores are actively matching Amazon's prices, I may as well support local retail for some items.

What surprises me is that Walmart still doesn't match their online, so it's amazing that Target matches both that and their own online site.

Too bad Sears is still so far behind. (We match bestbuy.com at least!)

Trying to get customer service at walmart is about the equivalent of having a root canal, I would never expect them to give in to anything, even price matching their own site. Target is a different story altogether though.

Another question so they won't match clearance prices. What about Target.com clearance prices will they match those????

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Finger_Shocker']OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have to wonder, since I am willing to bet many CAG'ers here are probably low retail workers themselves, and depending on such jobs so that they can even afford the stuff they buy.. And yet they pretty much want Amazon to shut them out of any possible jobs by competing with a NO TAX benefit to shopping, some people really do want to vote against their own best interest..:sad:[/QUOTE]Try getting off the soapbox once in a while.

Tax payment on online purchases when the seller doesn't collect on the purchase has to be filed on your taxes as use tax. Amazon is just doing what they should be doing

Even if Amazon would charge tax on a purchase for me, more times than not, it's still cheaper than retail and there's the priceless savings of my free time not used up to go out to pick up the item from the store. Free time is a bit scarce for some people and being able to order it and have it shipped to my door is well worth it.

Perfect example for something I just purchased:
PS Vita USB cable, $19.99 at Target B&M, $11.09 at Amazon. Even with tax on both sides of that purchase collected at time of purchase, I'm still saving $8.90 on the purchase.

[quote name='litepink']https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise

Price matching:
Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com (or a local competitor ad). Applies at checkout our for purchases within the last seven days.

Primary Exclusions:
The usual - clearance, out of stock, marketplace items, Black Friday, Cyber Monday.

Full Exclusions:
Competitor exclusions:
Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from online competitor price matching.
Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
Prices from other Target stores.
Online prices from competitors not listed above.

Price exclusions:
Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
Clearance, closeout, damaged product, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
Competitor coupon-required.
Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
Offers that include financing.

Ad exclusions:
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
Pricing or typographical errors.

Item exclusions:
Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.

Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match. All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.

Target may modify these terms at any time. Exclusions do not apply to CityTarget stores; see details below.

You can use your REDcard to save an extra 5%, and any manufacturer coupons come off the price matched price (not really applicable for games too often).[/QUOTE]

I guess Uncharted 2 goty on clearanced and out of stock online for 5.98$ is a no go...

woooo online pm not available for Hawaii and Alaska. FU target FU guess all the other retailers can still take my business.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']I guess Uncharted 2 goty on clearanced and out of stock online for 5.98$ is a no go...[/QUOTE]

Little slow today so your saying Target won't match their Target.com clearance prices?

[quote name='Nfamous209']Little slow today so your saying Target won't match their Target.com clearance prices?[/QUOTE]

Reading from the OP post its still ymmv ... Depends on your target . But there not going to pm clearance and if its out of stock its a double no no

bread's done
Back