(used) Yakuza 3 $9.99 on gamestop.com

This seems like a great deal, but if I buy it... I might hate myself when they release a Yakuza bundle!

I'd rather buy new, support Sega and the developers so we can get more of these games. They aren't exactly super mainstream popular :(

[quote name='mrbonk']i'd rather buy new, support sega and the developers so we can get more of these games. They aren't exactly super mainstream popular :([/quote]

+1

[quote name='TommyLove']This seems like a great deal, but if I buy it... I might hate myself when they release a Yakuza bundle![/QUOTE]

Lol that will never happen And we would know ahead of time if Sega was releasing one in Japan. If they did, which they wouldn't, it would cost more for the bundle than separately compared to what you can get now.

Seriously yakuza isn't that popular here. We'll be lucky if they ever release The hd collection of 1 & 2.

Not really relevant, the game is several years old and the OP even said these were probably new copies converted to preowned.

the preowned has already been around this price for atleast a few months. if anything, save ur money and buy yakuza 4 new since it fills u in on what happened in 3. problem solved.
and if ur feeling adventurous buy yakuza dead souls.

Tempting but I'll hold out in case the Yakuza HD Collection gets released in the US.

edit: Oops misread this as being first Yakuza.

Yakuza 1 and 2 are already translated in English. They added no new storyline. Just add the Japanese voices to 1 and give us 2. I'll buy it at a high price.

[quote name='Paco']Yakuza 1 and 2 are already translated in English. They added no new storyline. Just add the Japanese voices to 1 and give us 2. I'll buy it at a high price.[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 4 may fill you in but wouldn't you like to experience 3? It's actually not that bad, you just have to be ready to read a lot of dialogue which growing up in the Psone era and playing nothing but RPGs its not a problem. I bought Yakuza 4 for 14.99 new off of newegg a while back and someone posted a link for 12.99 Dead Souls recently so I rounded it all out. Not bad and a lot of gameplay among them all. I'll prolly get the HD collection because even while 3 sums it up in lengthy optional cutscenes and dialogue, there is still this history and past among the characters I want to see and experience. I don't know, to me its kind of like picking up a series like lord of the rings at "The Two Towers" and saying ah there's some stuff about a ring and yadda yadda you'll understand whats going on as you keep going through the film.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']We'll be lucky if they ever release The hd collection of 1 & 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for that to come over before jumping into the series :/

I highly recommend this, especially to those who have already played the first two games in the series!

I just finished it and it was definitely on my top reasons for getting a PS3. It is obviously not everyone, but if you can give it a chance it might be worth your time.

I got my copy of Yakuza 3 for free from Kmart when you bought Yakuza 4 on release day.

I'm still kind of kicking myself for missing out on Gamestop's exclusive theme for Yakuza 4.

There's also DLC for Yakuza 3 that might not be on the PSN store. It is called the "Battle Pack." You could only get that from pre-ordering from places like Gamestop or contacting Sega.

Also, if you have a Kmart nearby. You might want to try there if you want a sealed copy for about $15. I bought one there for a friend about a year ago.

Sega was nice to me and gave me a Battle Pack code when they were giving them out. Don't know if they still have any codes left.

Hmmm....I'd pick this up for $10 if I could find it. Is it worth calling the store near me to see if they have any, or should I just go in?

bread's done
Back