* * * * * 3 votes

Pokemon X and Y Announced!

#1021 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

This really amused me, so I wanted to share.

I've been trying to get a Xerneas pretty much since the game came out. I have Y, so obviously I can't get it within my own game, so I've been trying on GTS. Obviously pretty much all anyone wants on GTS is stuff that requires Pokemon Bank, which isn't here. Tried to use Axew to get it (which I had a LOT of luck with in Gen V. Pretty much any legendary I wanted could be obtained within a week with an Axew), but after a month I had no luck. Tried a Vivillion (sp?) cause I heard people collect the various kinds, but again no luck (either mine is common, I missed the boat, or there simply wasn't any interest). I finally said 'whatever' and just threw a Chansey on there because I figured it had as much of a chance as anything else. It was one I had gotten through a Wonder Trade, and it didn't have any special items or Pokerus or anything interesting.

Checked the GTS today to see if it was still there, and was informed that a trade had been made. Lo and behold, there was my level 62 Xerneas.

I will never understand people on the GTS.

#1022 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

I believe it. After all, as I said before, I got a Shiny Entei for a regular normal Tympole.

#1023 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

This really amused me, so I wanted to share.

I've been trying to get a Xerneas pretty much since the game came out. I have Y, so obviously I can't get it within my own game, so I've been trying on GTS. Obviously pretty much all anyone wants on GTS is stuff that requires Pokemon Bank, which isn't here. Tried to use Axew to get it (which I had a LOT of luck with in Gen V. Pretty much any legendary I wanted could be obtained within a week with an Axew), but after a month I had no luck. Tried a Vivillion (sp?) cause I heard people collect the various kinds, but again no luck (either mine is common, I missed the boat, or there simply wasn't any interest). I finally said 'whatever' and just threw a Chansey on there because I figured it had as much of a chance as anything else. It was one I had gotten through a Wonder Trade, and it didn't have any special items or Pokerus or anything interesting.

Checked the GTS today to see if it was still there, and was informed that a trade had been made. Lo and behold, there was my level 62 Xerneas.

I wish you would have posted earlier.. I would have hooked you up with one a long time ago lol.

EDIT: Here's my funny story. I'm trying to get Manaphy and I saw someone wanted a Lugia for one yesterday in my "Passerbys". So I open a trade with him and he is trying to trade me a Phione named "Manaphy". I feel sorry for anyone who feel for that. People so shady lol.

#1024 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7501 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Sorry for the lack of response guys.  I've been so slammed at work and all I literally do is work all day, go home and sleep.  Rinse and repeat.  :(

Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a copy of HeartGold from lovepig78 so I decided to just hit him up.  If any of you wants starters though feel free to add me and ask.  I'm currently trying to breed a good Turtwig but I can't find a decent one to breed with :/

#1025 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Sorry for the lack of response guys.  I've been so slammed at work and all I literally do is work all day, go home and sleep.  Rinse and repeat.  :(

Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a copy of HeartGold from lovepig78 so I decided to just hit him up.  If any of you wants starters though feel free to add me and ask.  I'm currently trying to breed a good Turtwig but I can't find a decent one to breed with :/

What makes a good Turtwig? Having the hidden ability? Mine only has overgrown

#1026 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7501 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

What makes a good Turtwig? Having the hidden ability? Mine only has overgrown

I don't necessarily think it makes it better having Shell Armor but I want one with it since I think it is more useful than Overgrown.  My problem has been trying to get a 6 IV one thus far.   Add to that I can't seem to breed a female one either.  All the other ones I have done so far went by much faster.  I think I may just come back later to Turtwig.  I think I may work on either Totodile or getting Iron Tail on a Snivy. :)

#1027 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Pokemon Bank is out in Europe and Australia.

#1028 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hopefully that means I can get a shiny Groudon since it is by far my favorite legendary pokemon and I must have it. 

#1029 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

So I found 24 Pokemon so far and I made it to some town where there is some sort of Professor guy on the 3rd floor of some building.  I'm having fun, I think, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.  Every time I battle a new Pokemon I throw a Pokeball at it so I can capture it.  I equipped some item that lets me share XP with my other Pokemon.  I've got a Level 12 Frokie and a Level 10 Zigzadoon and a few others.  Is there a story or am I just going to be wandering around trying to randomly bump into Pokemon?  What is the deal with the powers?  If I forget one and want to remember it later can I or is it a one shot deal?  Is there a logical way to powering up a Pokemon?  What the hell is going on?

Is there a way to edit the name of my Pokemon (after naming it for the first time)?  What about my character name?  My son started playing the file and he picked a bunch of random letters that is kind of making me nuts.

#1030 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

You can edit Pokemon nicknames later on but your Trainer name is permanent. Only by resetting the game can you switch.

The main story is, as always, to beat the 8 Gyms and tackle the Elite Four and Champion. There is astory about the evil Team Flare, but that doesn't start until the MegaEvolution story is finished.

By powers, I assume you mean attacks. Pokemon can relearn any move it knows naturally, but the list changes when a Pokemon evolves (for example, Chimchar can learn Flamethrower at level 47, but only as Chimchar. A level 50 Infernape will not be able to remember it naturally) and requires a Heart Scale. The guy you give it to is in the last town before Victory Rd.

#1031 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

So I found 24 Pokemon so far and I made it to some town where there is some sort of Professor guy on the 3rd floor of some building.  I'm having fun, I think, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.  Every time I battle a new Pokemon I throw a Pokeball at it so I can capture it.  I equipped some item that lets me share XP with my other Pokemon.  I've got a Level 12 Frokie and a Level 10 Zigzadoon and a few others.  Is there a story or am I just going to be wandering around trying to randomly bump into Pokemon?  What is the deal with the powers?  If I forget one and want to remember it later can I or is it a one shot deal?  Is there a logical way to powering up a Pokemon?  What the hell is going on?

Is there a way to edit the name of my Pokemon (after naming it for the first time)?  What about my character name?  My son started playing the file and he picked a bunch of random letters that is kind of making me nuts.

Lol, that's exactly how I felt. This was my first pokemon game, and the more I googled info, it only made it seem even more complex (EVs, IVs, Nature bonuses, etc.). I can say I'm pretty addicted though. I just got into breeding over the last week to build a non-legendary team for battles.

The move deleter/tutor are pretty far into the game, so you'll just have to deal with whatever moves you chose for a while. I thought I had ruined my good pokemon when I played through the story since you have to use the HMs to get past certain obstacles. I ended up making 2 HM slave pokemon by the end of the game so I didnt have to overwrite the moves I wanted to keep.

#1032 just-joe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

just-joe

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Add my FC to the spreadsheet, add me if you like.

#1033 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

PokeBank has gone live in North America. Gonna check it out after work and get my Celebi. 

#1034 Miranda   about.me/adnarim CAGiversary!   1664 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Downloaded it and got my Celebi.

#1035 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Event pokemon aren't possible to be shiny, right? I already got a Celebi from trading a couple weeks back boooo

EDIT: For those of you who got it, how are the additional boxes? I read that the additional boxes actually hold pokemon on their servers or something like that. Do they load like the normal boxes do in game, or is it a slower process to move pokemon in and out of those boxes?

#1036 zyk  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

If it hasn't been said yet, the PokeBank does NOT allow items so if you're planning to restart for fun just be aware that you'd lose your special event Blazikenite so trade it to a friend before you restart. 

#1037 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   3033 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

718/718!

Spoiler

Congrats. I'd love to do that but it will probably take a couple years for me to get there.

#1038 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

I don't have any 5th gen games, but it's worth messing with just to get the free gifts. the 100 pokemiles/10 BP and the free Celebi.

You basically just have to use it twice. Here's the link I saw for this:

http://www.reddit.co...rom_using_poke/

#1039 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5457 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

The boxes look the same as the normal boxes. Its the transporter that is the problem, it can only read from box 1 on the cartridge, so you have to put all your pokemon into box 1 on the older cartridges, transfer, put the pokemon into the bank, and wash, rinse repeat. With those of us like me who have thousands of pokemon its a very time consuming process.

#1040 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Lol, that's exactly how I felt. This was my first pokemon game, and the more I googled info, it only made it seem even more complex (EVs, IVs, Nature bonuses, etc.). I can say I'm pretty addicted though. I just got into breeding over the last week to build a non-legendary team for battles.

Same here.  For as much hand holding/tutorial stuff Nintendo games tend to have, this game has very little.  So it did take me quite a while to get into it as a first time Pokemon player.

I'm through the 8 gyms and just need to do the Pokemon league stuff.  I forget how many Pokemon I've caught, 100 some I think.  I stopped bothering with catching every  new one quite a while ago.  Just try and nab new ones I come across, but don't sweat it if I kill them accidentally before. 

I've enjoyed the game, have like 33 hours into it, but it hasn't super hooked me so I'm at the point of just wanting to finish it up and move on.

#1041 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

I have actually almost put 300 hours into the game. Granted, a significant portion of that was filling up the Pokedex and I have actually attempted to get the Battle Maison TMs (since they give BP after every battle instead of every 7.

#1042 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, I've got nearly 200 hours in and that has all been leveling certain Pokemon to 100 and filling up the 'dex. I'm going to start up the Battle Maison soon to get the TMs and some other items.

#1043 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

How close are you guys to completing your Pokedex? I completed mine last Friday and I was probably at high 500-low 600 hrs. This is my first Pokemon game though, so I'm pretty sure I went slower than if I was familiar with the series.

#1044 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

I need the previous gen Legendaries. I have most of the Gen V ones in my previous games, but I lost by Black 2 & White games that had most of my event Legendaries in them. :(

#1045 Kay_Faraday   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Kay_Faraday

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

How quickly can I trade with someone who has black/white/diamond/pearl/soulsilver and etc?

#1046 DNukem170   Banned Banned   8864 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

You can't trade directly. They have to upload those Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, download it to their copy of X or Y, then trade it to your copy. Or trade the Pokemon to your copy of Black/2/White/2 and upload it to your Bank.

Anything from Gen IV will have to be transferred to a Gen V game.

#1047 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

My caterpillar changed into a trashcan!

#1048 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   3033 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Well I just finished my first Pokemon game since Silver back on the GB Color (beat the champion). I'll probably get back to my game later and try to fill up my pokedex and other post game stuff but Zelda has been teasing me on my shelf since Christmas so I want to get on that game now.

#1049 stuntman21   You're friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

How close are you guys to completing your Pokedex? I completed mine last Friday and I was probably at high 500-low 600 hrs. This is my first Pokemon game though, so I'm pretty sure I went slower than if I was familiar with the series.

Wow that's a long time, you realize that means that since the game came out you have played for almost a whole month if you played straight? You have played that game for 15 40 hour weeks if you work a full time job, which is insane lol.

#1050 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14171 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Got my Celebi.

I'm likely only in for event Pokemon at this point. I just don't feel like finishing the Pokedex.