Full 3d Pokemon for 3DS finally announced! - Not a spin-off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy they didn't just gloss up the Stadium/Colosseum battle mechanic. This one looks much better.

As for the starters, the Chespin ooks very strange, but I predict the Froakie will be the ensemble darkhorse. And have a million "Kermit" nicknames.

As for the legendaries, the bird one looked initially like the Thundurus bird form, while the deer Legendary reminds me way too much of the deer from Princess Mononoke.

Also awesome that we'll be getting the game at the same time as Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really isn't that big of a turn of events. Yea... they finally upgraded to 3D... but it isn't that 3D console based RPG that everyone's been craving.

Not that I'm not glad to see it... but I don't think I'll appreciate it any more than the sprites. I'm a 2D guy, myself.

What this game needs is preventative measures to take care of hackers. I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue just because of the hackers that ruin the game. Pokemon has been distilled down to a poor man's Street Fighter. The only aspect of the game that most players are embracing is the battle engine. The RPG elements have been completely left in the dust, which is sad, because they're done so well and have potential to make Pokemon one of the most rewarding experiences ever. But alas, now it's turned into "hack your team the way you want it and battle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back